Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’ve just downloaded the Remote for Firestick App but I can’t seem to connect the Remote. Keeps asking me to purchase which I’ve done (get confirmation)

I can do a cast of video from my phone but can’t use the phone as remote.

You what’s going wrong?

I think that might be a different one. The one I have is just Fire TV app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.storm.lightning.client.aosp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

bobbyg wrote: »
    But they don't work with sky q boxes apparently.

I had some issues previously with the wifi connection on it, the signal was interfering with the box I think, but Ethernet works perfectly now. Wifi signal is so strong anyway, doesn’t really matter too much where you place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

What are peoples top buys they are looking out for on Prime day

Money burning a hole in my pocket.

Might get another 4k firestick if they are reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

BKWDR wrote: »

Hoping for warehouse discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

TheDriver wrote: »

Yup.

Don’t tell anyone though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

TheDriver wrote: »
    Amazon UK customers always at the -1h disadvantage there, given that most warehouse items are shared between all of their European stores. Last time I checked, all the items I was looking for were all gone long before the 20% discount kicked in on co.uk. Still, they tend to have more warehouse stock of selected items that are either very popular or very unpopular. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    I am looking for a basic laptop or Chromebook - should I wait for primeday?

No harm if you are not in a hurry....Argos has a pretty good cheap range for €250 odd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

No harm if you are not in a hurry....Argos has a pretty good cheap range for €250 odd too.

Definitely a possibility. I've seen end Chromebooks go on limited time offer from €240 to €190

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Car buyer.

What are the chances of successfuly ordering something late on the wednesday evening if my wages hit the account early Thursday morning?

I think they try a few times for the payment, I don't think they wait long on BF before trying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭Ryath

Car buyer. wrote: »
    What are the chances of successfuly ordering something late on the wednesday evening if my wages hit the account early Thursday morning?

I think they try a few times for the payment, I don't think they wait long on BF before trying for it

They try for a few days if they can't take it. Can be handy if you not sure if you want something or or not. I use revolute and just top it up if I want to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

New to this prime day craic. What's the chances if a Nintendo Switch been discounted ? Or should I hang on until Black Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Expecting big discounts on the current 3rd gen dots or them bundled in for free with stuff to get rid of stock. The 4th Gen a due for release about a week later so they will look to get rid of stock.

piplip87 wrote: »
    New to this prime day craic. What's the chances if a Nintendo Switch been discounted ? Or should I hang on until Black Friday ?

The console wont be discounted. I have never seen the console on a discount since it came out to be honest. However they do decent bundles with games/accessories so you may be able to get a decent deal.

Car buyer. wrote: »

Depends on items - for some they try for 5 days , others they cancel them immediately.

BKWDR wrote: »

Main discounts are Amazon own brand items like Echo, Fire Stick, Ring items, Hue items.

I generally but a few Philips Hue kits on discount to gift for Xmas. People love them.

dan786 wrote: »
    Depends on items - for some they try for 5 days , others they cancel them immediately.

Never had them cancel something immediately.

Soarer wrote: »
    Never had them cancel something immediately.

I have personally had stuff cancelled immediately if they couldnt take payment in first try.

But most stuff they try for 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

piplip87 wrote: »

Black Friday last year was absolute rubbish offers.
    Amazon actually had some decent offers in the weeks before but there were hardly any decent offers for the Black Friday week.

I think all I bought was a Logitech MX2 mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Today (Sunday) I experienced what seems to be the new fast delivery service by Amazon.

On the Amazon order page, when clicking on the delivery tracking I could see the location of the driver on a map, while he was approaching for delivering my order (map was also displaying how many stops before arriving to my place).

There seems to be a number of drivers recruited for that reason:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/shopping/amazon-depot-ireland-rathcoole-drivers-18947379

Fair play.

‘Cause recently I’ve found their delivery times are gone to the dogs. As in missing the date by 3 or 4 days.
    Probably An Post’s fault more than Amazon, but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

inel wrote: »
    Today (Sunday) I experienced what seems to be the new fast delivery service by Amazon.

On the Amazon order page, when clicking on the delivery tracking I could see the location of the driver on a map, while he was approaching for delivering my order (map was also displaying how many stops before arriving to my place).

There seems to be a number of drivers recruited for that reason:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/shopping/amazon-depot-ireland-rathcoole-drivers-18947379

yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday too. Hopefully they will start shipping the packages next day like they were before covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Is prime day usually good for laptop offers?

Desperately need a new one - I’m not a gamer but want something that has decent Ram, hard drive and is good for generally browsing and day to day activities

Debating whether to go with an existing offer or wait for prime day

Appreciate inputs, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ok, apologies if this has been covered already, have not read all the thread thus far.

Been considering buying a couple of Nintendo switch bundles for Santa presents (before any potential madness sets in), just wondering if I should hold off, or do folk think prime day will be for Amazon products only?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ok, apologies if this has been covered already, have not read all the thread thus far.

Been considering buying a couple of Nintendo switch bundles for Santa presents (before any potential madness sets in), just wondering if I should hold off, or do folk think prime day will be for Amazon products only?

Its mainly big discounts on their own stuff but there are discounts/bundles on other stuff too. You could hold off till next month for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but I dont see massive differences in discounts/bundles on offer.

lowbatt07 wrote: »

Desperately need a new one - I’m not a gamer but want something that has decent Ram, hard drive and is good for generally browsing and day to day activities

Debating whether to go with an existing offer or wait for prime day

Appreciate inputs, cheers

For laptops, I would wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday as they are across all retailers and more competition means better prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Its mainly big discounts on their own stuff but there are discounts/bundles on other stuff too. You could hold off till next month for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but I dont see massive differences in discounts/bundles on offer.

Thanks , was thinking that also but that’s 7/8 weeks away and laptop is about to keel over.

Will have a look to see any decent current deals - thanks for your reply , appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Think I'll just pull the trigger this week so, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Expecting big discounts on the current 3rd gen dots or them bundled in for free with stuff to get rid of stock. The 4th Gen a due for release about a week later so they will look to get rid of stock.

Have seen suggestions online that given the significantly different form factor of the 4th gen dots that the 3rd may be retained for a while to coexist alongside it. If there's any truth to that I wouldn't assume the discounts you may be hoping for.

cython wrote: »
    Have seen suggestions online that given the significantly different form factor of the 4th gen dots that the 3rd may be retained for a while to coexist alongside it. If there's any truth to that I wouldn't assume the discounts you may be hoping for.

I have seen 3rd gen dots go for 50% off in previous non prime day sales which happen every 3 months or so. So it will be same or cheaper this time around.

I have seen them for as low as 14.99 at times also bundled with stuff or free with Hue stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lowbatt07 wrote: »

No

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement