Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meta Quest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

EGriff wrote: »
    There's a new game on SideQuest called Crisis VRigade. Worth checking out. You play a cop shooting bank robbers.

It got rejected from the official store but I think it's pretty good.

I got a headband for extra comfort, takes some of the pressure off your forehead and keeps the sweat off.

Curious, is it free on Sidequest?

Or how do you buy it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I noticed that in SideQuest also, I wonder is it the beta apk listed on their site (http://crisisvrigade.com/)?

Tested out ALVR again tonight and gave Thumper a go - wow, much more immersive than playing it via VD. Some difference playing it in VR to a normal TV. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Virtual Desktop can do VR mode too I thought? I think you get the beta version from SideQuest after you buy the Oculus store version? Oculus wouldn't allow the VR capable version on the store.

That's just what I saw I Reddit, I haven't tried it myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EGriff wrote: »
    Virtual Desktop can do VR mode too I thought? I think you get the beta version from SideQuest after you buy the Oculus store version? Oculus wouldn't allow the VR capable version on the store.

That's just what I saw I Reddit, I haven't tried it myself.

Yep you're correct it can. Lol I was doing it wrong. Inside VD I was launching the game from the desktop rather than opening SteamVR first and launching it from in there. :o

mrcheez wrote: »
    Curious, is it free on Sidequest?

Or how do you buy it?

It's free on SideQuest. I don't know if the dev is taking donations or what, but it's available to buy for other platforms.

Game is hard, I died a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Ordered the quest the other day. 16th July is the expected delivery date

Just got an email that it shipped today which is a nice surprise.

A nicer surprise is that it just arrived an hour ago. Time to set this up and see how it compares to the Rift

A nicer surprise is that it just arrived an hour ago. Time to set this up and see how it compares to the Rift

Enjoy your dance with the robot... it's mad :D

Enjoy your dance with the robot... it's mad :D

That's all I can do today thanks to the outage :mad:

Thrill of the Fight is coming to Quest soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/cflr9y/the_thrill_of_the_fight_has_been_approved_for/

This is hands down the best VR fitness app on any platform and perfect for Quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Thrill of the Fight is coming to Quest soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/cflr9y/the_thrill_of_the_fight_has_been_approved_for/

This is hands down the best VR fitness app on any platform and perfect for Quest.

Also a good way of testing the guardian / how sturdy your walls really are.

Half Life is releasing on Oculus Quest next Monday!

https://www.lambda1vr.com/

Needs sidequest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

So is everyone still enjoying their quest? Ya think there will be a sale or price cut anytime soon, Possible black friday reduction maybe?

So is everyone still enjoying their quest? Ya think there will be a sale or price cut anytime soon, Possible black friday reduction maybe?

Won't be any sales yet as they are selling the Quest at a loss, so relying on full-price software sales to balance it out.

Yep I'm still enjoying mine, when not playing with one of the other 7 or so consoles/PCs I have backlogs on ;)

Won't be any sales yet as they are selling the Quest at a loss, so relying on full-price software sales to balance it out.

Yep I'm still enjoying mine, when not playing with one of the other 7 or so consoles/PCs I have backlogs on ;)

Hold off so for black Friday, already have a psvr but the cables and tracking are just annoying. A little disappointed by the current game catalogue for quest but hopefully that improves over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So, in what is possibly the saviest moves I’ve seen in long time, oculus have announced oculus link. Whereby you can hook your Quest up to a desktop PC and use it as a Rift.

So, in what is possibly the saviest moves I’ve seen in long time, oculus have announced oculus link. Whereby you can hook your Quest up to a desktop PC and use it as a Rift.

Mother of God.

Is there any reason to buy a Rift S now?

Mother of God.

Is there any reason to buy a Rift S now?

Minor visual improvements apparently is the only reason to own a rift over a quest. No Brainer to buy the quest now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Looks like the Quest is €100 cheaper on US Amazon, even with shipping fees. I'm also going to be in the US for Black Friday. Where would folks here think is the best option for getting one?

Looks like the Quest is €100 cheaper on US Amazon, even with shipping fees. I'm also going to be in the US for Black Friday. Where would folks here think is the best option for getting one?

Probably Walmart or Best Buy.... might be a bit crazy on Black Friday though.

Gonna wait until black friday myself and even thinking now it might be worth slowly building a VR capable PC

Gonna wait until black friday myself and even thinking now it might be worth slowly building a VR capable PC

Do you have any VR at the moment?

Amazing upgrades, most companies would have saved these features for version 2.0, but I suspect they might be making a loss on the hardware so this is great for pushing software sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Nearly considered selling my Rift for Rift S...this changes things.

Lets see if Carmacks keynote at half 5/6 has anything else before make any rash decisions

Do you have any VR at the moment?

Yes I have the PSVR but probably going to sell and get a quest, I just dont play it anymore and not because of the lack of games it just the cables and so so tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yes I have the PSVR but probably going to sell and get a quest, I just dont play it anymore and not because of the lack of games it just the cables and so so tracking.

I've a PSVR and it rarely gets played owing to the hassle of getting it set up just right (although I did replace the camera with the V2 yesterday - what a miserable piece of design that was). Astrobot is stunning, but then you're loosing tracking in superhot, Vacation Simulator rick and morty etc.

ah yeah the visuals are outstanding on the Quest and it is hard to go back to PSVR after :(

Astrobot is one of the games that stands out graphics quality-wise though.

I tried Skyrim last month after several months hiatus and I swear I didn't remember it being so blurry... once you go clear it's hard to go back.

I still love playing my PSVR though... I just try to "look past" the lower resolution. But I have a huge backlog and this is why I stick with it.

• Advertisement

ah yeah the visuals are outstanding on the Quest and it is hard to go back to PSVR after :(

Astrobot is one of the games that stands out graphics quality-wise though.

I tried Skyrim last month after several months hiatus and I swear I didn't remember it being so blurry... once you go clear it's hard to go back.

I still love playing my PSVR though... I just try to "look past" the lower resolution. But I have a huge backlog and this is why I stick with it.

Is there much of a jump in graphical quality/resolution between the quest and the psvr? Would love for the quest library to get something like skyrim or borderlands. I wish it had more AAA games available on it.

Advertisement