Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi: Secret Six Thursday 2 for 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Popped into my local shortly before half ten to pick up the turkey & ham and it was already out in a large pile in the middle of the drinks aisle. More than enough to meet demand. No mad scrum for it. Grabbed two bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know I'm bumping this thread.(Sorry, if I got you excited).
    I wonder will they go ahead with this offer this year at all now with the current situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I doubt it seeing as they just released their 'Amazing Grocery Six' last week, would they also do the Secret Six as well? Time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

You're about three weeks early
    Last year it started on 14/11/2019
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111728899&postcount=64

Not bogof
    Every Tuesday
    weFwTvH.png

• Advertisement

:):):):):):):)
    Mjzmu06.png

:):):):):):):):):):)
    FgVeOT5.png

HeLJxHF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

zell12 wrote: »
    HeLJxHF.png

Great value. Are they any good though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I think firelog is normally e1.50 ach at least, even in dealz, so ten instead of thirty euro ten is bloody cheap !

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I think firelog is normally e1.50 ach at least, even in dealz, so ten instead of thirty euro ten is bloody cheap !
    They're about half the size of the ones that sell for about €1.50 each in various supermarkets.

Are they not briquettes rather than firestarters?
    84c/kg is a good price
    4sGkLYl.png

OmegaGene wrote: »
    they look like firelogs specially made for the offer at 600g as opposed to 1kg
    Yeah. By way of comparison, Applegreen do a box of ten 1kg logs for €10.

Fri 7up
    Sat Nescafe
    uYPzHQx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know where in the sho they stack these offers? So they have a specific spot or are they just in the spot where you’d find coffee or drinks for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know where in the sho they stack these offers? So they have a specific spot or are they just in the spot where you’d find coffee or drinks for example?

Yesterday they were in a special space in the middle isle. They had a lot left at 2pm tough.

Rest of the Secret Six 2020
    r24NEWM.png

Maybe they have a surprise for the 23rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Does anyone know are these offers for one day only, or until stocks last ? As in, could you pick up a couple of boxes of fire logs today if they've any left ?

This is regular stock on offer for one day only

• Advertisement

Just to answer my own question above, I'm just back from Aldi Naas (Monread) where 7up & Firelogs are BOTH still BOGOF! Plenty of stock too.

cathalj wrote: »
    Just to answer my own question above, I'm just back from Aldi Naas (Monread) where 7up & Firelogs are BOTH still BOGOF! Plenty of stock too.
    Oh, must be new thing then compared to 2019! Cheers for finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

cathalj wrote: »

What firelogs ? Cheers

What firelogs ? Cheers

A pack of 10 for €9.99 (so 20 for €9.99 on offer) ..... Sorry , not too sure how to upload pics , but they are pictured a page or so back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

worth noting these are 600g logs not the usual 1kg so only 60% of a log really

It's still worth 50 cents a log.

There's always someone waiting to slam an offer on here. If you can get 600gm logs for 50 cents elsewhere good luck to you on that mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I’m not slamming the offer as you call it and I have 6 boxes of them,if you read my post properly you will see I am merely pointing out they are not the full size 1kg logs

Are they still available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 minimax90

There seems to be alot of confusion this year regarding the offer. The offer remains as long as stocks remain and most Aldi stores seem to have huge volumes of stocks this year , the firelog offer from Thurs is still available in most stores. I think an increase in volumes this year coupled with poor advertising of the offer means that stocks should be available much longer. I was in a store last night that still had huge volumes of the 7 up and the logs. The fact that Lidl do their offers for 1 day only is adding to the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

A manager in my local ALDI told me that there was Prosecco in the secret 6 - ie 2 for the. price of 1.
    I don't see it in the list, and I didn't pay attention to what day he said it would be.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    A manager in my local ALDI told me that there was Prosecco in the secret 6 - ie 2 for the. price of 1.
    I don't see it in the list, and I didn't pay attention to what day he said it would be.
    The 23rd is possible, unlikely though.
    The Secret Six promotion is available in all Republic of Ireland Aldi stores, commencing on Thursday the 17th December to Tuesday 22nd December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's the festive drop on Tuesday I think. Might have the promotions confused.

Advertisement