Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Digital PostBox

• 11-06-2021 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was just wondering if anyone here has availed of the governments new "Digital PostBox" initiative launched in February 2021.

Essentially claims to send sensitive government documents instead of (or in tandem with?) letters that would usually be sent out. Seems like a good idea.

Has anyone received correspondence from the Department of Social Protection via this means? Or is it something that has been set up but that absolutely no one uses, in terms of the departments themselves or the public being unaware of/not arsed signing up for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I was just wondering if anyone here has availed of the governments new "Digital PostBox" initiative launched in February 2021.

Essentially claims to send sensitive government documents instead of (or in tandem with?) letters that would usually be sent out. Seems like a good idea.

Has anyone received correspondence from the Department of Social Protection via this means? Or is it something that has been set up but that absolutely no one uses, in terms of the departments themselves or the public being unaware of/not arsed signing up for it.

This idea was announced in mid 2019 but I'm not at all sure it actually progressed any further than an announcement. I'm open to correction but I don't think it went anywhere and I'm not aware of any department that even started to use it.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pinsandtingles

Dempo1 wrote: »
    This idea was announced in mid 2019 but I'm not at all sure it actually progressed any further than an announcement. I'm open to correction but I don't think it went anywhere and I'm not aware of any department that even started to use it.

I actually can’t post links as I’m new, but if you search gov Ireland website or even google, you’ll find a press release dated 9 February 2021 with Mattie McGrath and heather humphries officially launching it.

There’s also a link to the actual service. Just search digitalpostbox and add a “.ie” at the end and you can check it out. Even lists all the departments that can use it (including DSP). I was just wondering if anyone on boards had signed up for it and/or received any government correspondence from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I actually can’t post links as I’m new, but if you search gov Ireland website or even google, you’ll find a press release dated 9 February 2021 with Mattie McGrath and heather humphries officially launching it.

There’s also a link to the actual service. Just search digitalpostbox and add a “.ie” at the end and you can check it out. Even lists all the departments that can use it (including DSP). I was just wondering if anyone on boards had signed up for it and/or received any government correspondence from it.

Yes, found that link, basically it's tied to a person's Mygovid account, whilst I'm not Aware of its use re SW, applications for certain benifits can be processed through mywelfare and presumably documents, proofs etc could be uploaded. I'm aware that the revenue portal through mygovid not only sends documents to the taxpayers account but you can upload documents, receipts etc through this portal account, so if this is what's being described as digital postbox, it's opporational but can not confirm as to what extent SW are utilising it.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement