Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quality power bank - 20,000mah and fast-charging

Comments

if anyone has an Ali account and you copy a link of any item at all in your order history ("my orders" section) of items it seems to add on an extra string - not sure what it is but (unfortunately for me in this case) it's not an affiliate kickback link!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

glasso wrote: »
    no.

you need 45W output typically for that.

costs about 40 to 50 euro for one of those

e.g. mi power bank 3 pro

https://www.xiaomi.ie/xiaomi-mi-3-pro-45w-20000mah/

Is that website legit?

Is that website legit?

seems so yes

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/xiaomi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is that website legit?

Dropshipper from wherever...

fritzelly wrote: »
    Dropshipper from wherever...

quick delivery reports make that seem unlikely

Dublin Address listed

Contact Info
    Register Office:
    JAV ELECTRONICS LTD,
    77 Camden Street Lower
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    D02 XE80

May not be official official Xiaomi but if the prices are acceptable to the buyer seems ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

quick delivery reports make that seem unlikely

Dublin Address listed

Contact Info
    Register Office:
    JAV ELECTRONICS LTD,
    77 Camden Street Lower
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    D02 XE80

May not be official official Xiaomi but if the prices are acceptable to the buyer seems ok

Definitely not an official site

That's a virtual address - not a real business address
    Quick check on reviews and EU plug supplied so...

1 report of European charger

several reports of next-day delivery after order which is not possible if shipped from outside Ireland

company is also registered with the Irish companies office since 2017

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Jav-Electronics-Limited-614777

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got this today .. very fast shipping...its charging now but looks good build quality

No manual in the box...anyone knows how the common input/output ports work and what is the button do ?

button just turns on display (which comes on anway when charging in or out)

usb a ports always for output only and 5v 2A (10W)

usb c for fast charging input or output (up to 9V 2A or 18W)

lightning for 5v 2A charging input or output

micro-usb for 5v 2A input

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Cheers glasso
    Ordered last Friday
    Arrived today from Poland.
    Quick turnaround as estimated delivery was going be Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

So I paid €45 at Harvey Norman for an Adata with QC 3.0 and USB-C and a digital battery readout last weekend. Can verify the QC does register as "fast charge" on a Samsung Galaxy and you can fast-charge it up. Too bad the thing is nearly the size of a laptop brick!

This looks as good spec-wise so if the QC works and it's smaller that would be great even if the capacity isn't as high as advertised.

Received already today from Germany (has selected Czech Rep as Germany button was disabled at time of ordering). Very happy to report it also fast charged my phone. Was able to fast charge it as well. Little read-out is neat it displays the voltage and amps. Pretty much the same size (140x68x28cm) and weight as the more expensive one from Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

This one says it is 30000mah too, d'ye think it's true? :P
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002549716062.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got mine today, no idea why I ordered one really. Anyway, it's a lovely shade of green. Does it ever get to 100 when charging, or is 99 the most it gets to?

Ordered mine from Poland, but came from Germany. Just nice to be able to order something on AliExpress from Europe to be delivered here, so many items have multiple countries as options and none post to Ireland.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Got mine today, no idea why I ordered one really. Anyway, it's a lovely shade of green. Does it ever get to 100 when charging, or is 99 the most it gets to?

Mine (also green) went to 100

Mine (also green) went to 100

Thanks, I had it in my head I waited a lot longer for it to go from 99 to 100 but I think it was probably my imagination, I'll try again in the morning.

Wouldn't get obsessed if the reading only goes to 99 instead of 100 unless you have really bad OCD tbh

It will work fine at 99

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

So I guess folks here are recommending this - should I or shouldn't I :-)
    I have only ever used Anker power banks (2) - but lost the main one recently, have a smaller one - but due to Amazon not delivering power banks anymore, looking for an alternative

Wouldn't get obsessed if the reading only goes to 99 instead of 100 unless you have really bad OCD tbh

It will work fine at 99

Haha, that's another thread entirely... 1,2,3,4.

Oh and thanks for the clarification of what port does what. (and your initial post too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I ordered one this morning from the Czech Republic.

Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Is that website legit?

I've order from there and never had an issue. Smart Scales etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Debub wrote: »
    So I guess folks here are recommending this - should I or shouldn't I :-)
    I have only ever used Anker power banks (2) - but lost the main one recently, have a smaller one - but due to Amazon not delivering power banks anymore, looking for an alternative

Yep, I was exactly the same with Amazon which is why I paid twice as much at Harvey Norman. I got this and it seems equivalent to the locally bought one. Obviously, none of us here have had them to say about quality but I can confirm it didn't get hot charging or being charged. I'd say the chips in these things which regulate safe voltage/QC are widely available at this stage so it blowing up isn't too likely. For the money, why not try one and join the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I really shouldn't come into this site any more

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

It has arrived and it’s on charge - waiting for it to hit 100% not 99% :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

I just copied the link from chrome when I was logged into Ali - no affiliate on my part anyways unless inserted by some extension on Chrome
    [/url]

Boards sometimes adds affiliate tags to links I believe - pays for the electricity i guess.. they have mentioned this a few times.

I got recently a USB power bank at a boot sale - so sorry no link - as well as usb and torch it can start my car - its really amazing - my car being left up over covid months has knackered my car battery so this tiny power bank has saved me several times. You get 3 or 4 car starts on a charge.

There is no model name on it - so I cannot be sure - but Its looks exactly like the one below.

$21 !

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002537668068.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.526e3e1aRpvHCW&algo_pvid=8c634931-e340-487c-a83a-85948f763ba2&algo_exp_id=8c634931-e340-487c-a83a-85948f763ba2-31

Limskey-New-Mini-Portable-12V-Car-Battery-Jump-Starter-Auto-Jumper-Engine-Power-Bank-Starting-Up.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

ozmo wrote: »
    Boards sometimes adds affiliate tags to links I believe - pays for the electricity i guess.. they have mentioned this a few times.

I got recently a USB power bank at a boot sale - so sorry no link - as well as usb and torch it can start my car - its really amazing - my car being left up over covid months has knackered my car battery so this tiny power bank has saved me several times. You get 3 or 4 car starts on a charge.

There is no model name on it - so I cannot be sure - but Its looks exactly like the one below.

$21 !

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002537668068.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.526e3e1aRpvHCW&algo_pvid=8c634931-e340-487c-a83a-85948f763ba2&algo_exp_id=8c634931-e340-487c-a83a-85948f763ba2-31

Limskey-New-Mini-Portable-12V-Car-Battery-Jump-Starter-Auto-Jumper-Engine-Power-Bank-Starting-Up.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

How do you start a car with a power bank? Is it an electric car?

Edit- nevermind, saw the leads in the link. What car boot sale was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Doodah7 wrote: »
    "Buliding my dreams" does not instil confidence however...

Oh crap, I have a BYD 7KW battery running my house at night for the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

Mine arrived today but 2 ports look broken. The left USB A and the lightning port.
    The USB A looks fixable by plugging in a cable but not sure about the lightning port:

555291.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Get onto them

Advertisement