Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Sample It thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

I got the January box (in February) but no March box. I guess it makes sense I can't get them all!

I did not get the march box either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

got an email saying i got the march box but still waiting! not too worried they had these delays last time round as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

How are people getting regular boxes and others none at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

How are people getting regular boxes and others none at all?

No idea tbh. I was scheduled to get the March one and it never arrived. Emailed them to let them know and asked about the "vaping" boxthey said that's due out in April. People have been getting emails and I haven't received one. Reckon I have been removed from the list as I didn't give feedback as I didn't receive the box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

No idea tbh. I was scheduled to get the March one and it never arrived. Emailed them to let them know and asked about the "vaping" boxthey said that's due out in April. People have been getting emails and I haven't received one. Reckon I have been removed from the list as I didn't give feedback as I didn't receive the box

I've seen it on their Instagram, people saying 'another great box' or 'love my monthly delivery '

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

I've seen it on their Instagram, people saying 'another great box' or 'love my monthly delivery '

I got an email today for Norwich Spirit box. Delivery after 20th April.

you are due to receive a bespoke box on behalf of Nordic Spirit that includes:

💙 Berry Citrus Nicotine Pouch

💙Smooth Mint Nicotine Pouch

💙Branded Chilli Bottle and leaflet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Zero boxes for me to date!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

This also happened to me. I didn't receive January box, contacted them, explained how I'd not received the box and they said they'd keep me on list but I've heard nothing since. I reckon it was delivered but not to me and not knowing which company was delivering it I couldn't follow it up with them. A bit unfair as there was nothing I could do about it

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Zero boxes for me to date!

Me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Me neither

Or me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

Be interesting to know if those who have gotten boxes are active on social media? Or if those who signed up and haven't received anything are not?

I have a suspicion they only want people who regularly use Instagram/Facebook/Twitter, as a means of promoting the brands that they work with.

For example, people posting "look what I got in my Sample It box this month", tagging brands etc. More exposure..

Anyone want to chime in and prove/disprove my theory?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

lucalux wrote: »
    Be interesting to know if those who have gotten boxes are active on social media? Or if those who signed up and haven't received anything are not?

I have a suspicion they only want people who regularly use Instagram/Facebook/Twitter, as a means of promoting the brands that they work with.

For example, people posting "look what I got in my Sample It box this month", tagging brands etc. More exposure..

It’s a good theory but if we’ve never gotten anything to post about then how are they to know how active we are?

Toulouse wrote: »
    It’s a good theory but if we’ve never gotten anything to post about then how are they to know how active we are?

Not 100% sure but as far as I remember there some questions in the sign-up questionnaire about what social media platforms you use.
    Anyone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm not at all active on social media. I read Twitter occasionally that's all. I'm getting my first box this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

I don't use social media at all, i hate it. I've received the chocolate, and also the box with hand sanitiser. I don't smoke/vape so i didn't receive any of the liquids.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Or me! and i am reasonably active on social media so don't know why i have nt got one yet.
    Toulouse wrote: »
    Or me

Thanks for clearing that up for me all!
    It was a theory I had but seems not to be the case so I guess it could be random. I might send them an email this week and see if there's any light they can shed on it for me, I was one of the earliest to sign up and havent received anything, and have been wondering about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I've only received the January box, filled the survey in
    haven't received anything since!

My wife registered........ hasn't received a thing at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I have received 2 boxes so far - and have answered their surveys afterwards but have never posted anything to social media about any of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

i've tried clicking on register using a number of different browsers on PC, laptop , Mac and Phone...and all it ever does is reloads the whole site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

i've tried clicking on register using a number of different browsers on PC, laptop , Mac and Phone...and all it ever does is reloads the whole site.

As far as I know they are not taking on any new registers as apparently they had so many in the beginning they closed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

messrs wrote: »
    As far as I know they are not taking on any new registers as apparently they had so many in the beginning they closed it

Cheers. They should fix their web site. Thanks for the info.
    maybe also would be good to post here expired note for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

feargantae wrote: »
    I don't use social media at all, i hate it. I've received the chocolate, and also the box with hand sanitiser. I don't smoke/vape so i didn't receive any of the liquids.

I received the chocolate and hand sanitizer box too; don't smoke/vape so no liquids for me. Hope we both get the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Got email saying this months box is on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Finally, just saw the email saying I will be getting the Spring box. First box for me.

My box just arrived. Haven't opened it yet. I'm having a fag first.

My box just arrived. Haven't opened it yet. I'm having a fag first.

Mint and berry pouches and a bottle.

So far, the bottle is the best thing in the box. Not over the moon with the pouches.

FanadMan wrote: »
    So far, the bottle is the best thing in the box. Not over the moon with the pouches.

I googled the bottle. It's worth nearly €30. I only had one pouch but had a drink after a few minutes so had to lose the pouch. I'll try again on its own.

• Advertisement

I googled the bottle. It's worth nearly €30. I only had one pouch but had a drink after a few minutes so had to lose the pouch. I'll try again on its own.

Wow.....didn't realise it was worth that much! Have mine sterilized and ready to go already :)

Advertisement