Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Trigger85

Anytime I try to purchase family plan it says "Your transaction cannot be completed. To continue this transaction, secure this account." Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Hi, I signed up for the YOUTUBE premium using the VPN.

I checked my account just now, it says ;

''Thanks for being a Premium member

Trial ends Feb 24, 2023''

/does that mean I have to reapply before the 24th feb? I assumed it was a monthly payment for a year....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

It usually comes with a trial if you haven't used it before and will bill you for your chosen plan if you don't cancel before the trial ends. You should be billed for a year on 24th Feb. No need to reapply.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Thanks Mimi :) Yes it was a my first time to sign up.

I could not add a family plan but I just shared my log in details with them {family} and it seems to be working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I signed up for premium (VPN through India), paid a few rupees with Revolut and got set up within minutes, and have been enjoying ad-free yt now for about a week.

Yesterday, I set up a family group and attempted to upgrade to a family plan, again VPN, and India. No matter what card I use, Revolut, AIB credit, AIB debit, the payment fails with a message that the bank refused the request. I've been onto AIB and they say that the only thing that appeared for the time in question was a Google temporary hold, no request for payment.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

As has been said already, you have to create a family plan BEFORE you sign up in Argentina, India or Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Ok, so do I need to cancel the individual plan now?

YouTube India family plans are unavailable due to new Indian banking rules.

https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2021/07/23/youtube-premium-family-plan-unavailable-in-india-how-to-get/

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

a few qus

Wheres the best place to sign up for an individual plan and do you pay for a year or monthly ?

what card do you pay with ?

random address with vpn ?

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭deadybai

Just got an email saying that I will need a Argentinian card to continue paying monthly . Anyone else get the same ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Just got this mail

"Update your YouTube payment method to avoid service disruption

Due to a recent change in Visa's processing policies in Argentina, payments may be declined if your card was not issued by an Argentine Bank. If you use an international Visa credit card or debit card, payments may fail and your subscription may be suspended.

To avoid a disruption in your membership and other purchases, please add an Argentinian-issued credit card to your payment methods as a primary or as a backup payment method."

I have YT family account in Arg long time, paying with AIB credit card. Anyone else received same mail from YT? Will Revolut work? Do I need to move to different country?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Same here....panic 🫣😳

And what to do next....where to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I'm signed up through Argentina and just got an email asking to update my payment method to an argentinian issued card. Will there be any way around this? Can I switch to a different country?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Well, they say it "may" be declined so will wait and see. If it is, I'll change it to Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

I doubt it was Visas idea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's obv some arg issue between this and tidal this month. Must be to do with that tax issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

So India and not Argentina are out so where the best place to switch to ?

im guessing Turkey

I just got that email about visa, it was good while it lasted

The internet isn’t for everyone

I moved few months back just to penny pinch.

Cancel arg.

Fire up vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

I moved from Argentina to Chile today. The family sub comes to 6150CLP which is around 7.22 euro. Hopefully someone will find something cheaper.

• Advertisement

My Revolut card is issued by MasterCard & I haven't received the email today.

Open your Revolut app & make a new virtual card, should be MasterCard and use this as backup payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭shmeee

Got the same email, card I had on account was Revolut Visa.

Renewal is due the 16th so I'll see does it go through as the "may decline" says there could be a chance. If fails I'll go on holidays again. But I'm gonna add the virtual MasterCard Revoult as backup payment now too and see does it go out on the 16th.

YouTube Premium is my most used sub, use it daily compared to others; Netflix, Spotify, Disney. So will for sure be keeping it if any saving to be had and even if had to, would pay full price. You don't know how bad the ads are until your in someone else's house and they've YouTube on and it's an advert every 5 minutes.

Super job I will change that tomorrow 👍🏻

Updated the backup card to the Virtual Revolut MasterCard anyway there now and was verified without any issues, had an Argentina address already for main Visa card on the YT account so that just auto filed and had to authorise the card via the Revolut app. €3.32 last payment so I'll see what happens now come the 16th of the month. Or else I'll pack my bag and take a flight....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As somebody with a revolut but never ever used it today has come in handy. It verified my Mastercard version, I'm sure many of us live in the Irish Embassy, I'd say MasterCard will be delighted seeing their presence in Argentina and India jump.

Was eating dinner when email came in, told missus she's have to watch adverts soon.

You'd swear I was Mr Visa , lost her mind. So long as it works on renewal. I loaded some euro on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

My account was up due to renew today. Did this and it went through on the virtual mastercard after the physical card was declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I have received similar from Tidal couple of days ago and changed card from AIB to Revolut and it worked. Just seen charge on my Revolt account 1.12e Will try with YT.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, hopefully it will work for me also. Will swap MasterCard to the main card then.

Thanks

Advertisement