Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

• 19-01-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭

Old thread was well over 10k. Continue using this one.

Comments

Poor Abi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Has anyone mentioned who is going to take the baby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

That was so emotional.

I'm glad Tanya saw sense and asked for Max to return to the room and I'm very glad the actress was able to film this episode. It would have been extremely unrealistic for Tanya not to be at Abi's bedside.

Jacqueline Jossa played a blinder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’m missing someone dreadfully at the moment, someone who left this world too soon. Watching Eastenders tonight was heartbreaking viewing. I thought Max, Lauren, Tanya etc all played a blinder.

Lisha wrote: »
    I’m missing someone dreadfully at the moment, someone who left this world too soon. Watching Eastenders tonight was heartbreaking viewing. I thought Max, Lauren, Tanya etc all played a blinder.

(Hug)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

That was so sad and very real. Actually teared up.
    Who has Abi's baby though? Felt like she was missing from the room

That was so sad and very real. Actually teared up.
    Who has Abi's baby though? Felt like she was missing from the room

She is in NICU and still on a ventilator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

So sad, but very well done. The wait for the silence after the machine was turned off was heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ShazGV wrote: »
    So sad, but very well done. The wait for the silence after the machine was turned off was heartbreaking.

ah - when I didnt hear the long tone straight after they removed the ventilator I thought maybe that she was going to pull through and breath on her own. I guess that must be just what must happens though.

god , if you think it was upsetting for the viewers to watch, you just imagine how draining it must have felt for the actors and the production team - great acting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

You could say Abi's gone to meet Stephen in tv heaven.

Anyway I wish actress who plays her the best in her future career. She was on that show since she was a kid so we've watched her grow up. That's what makes it harder to take I think.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    You could say Abi's gone to meet Stephen in tv heaven.

Anyway I wish actress who plays her the best in her future career. She was on that show since she was a kid so we've watched her grow up. That's what makes it harder to take I think.

wonder what she will pop up in the future as - always strange when they are killed off like this in a storyline, its always final .. cant come back into the square like mel has at the moment.

Do we know who's decision it was for her to leave the show? - was it her decision or the producers?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Do we know who's decision it was for her to leave the show? - was it her decision or the producers?

The producers. The actress was shocked when she first read through scripts for the Christmas episode and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Jacqueline Jossa was lucky they didn’t kill her off too.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Abi finally dead!

giphy.gif

Good episode, the least they could have done after this sorry mess of a storyline. Going on recent form I guess we can expect for no reference whatsoever to Abi in Monday's episode and it'll be like nothing ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned who is going to take the baby ?

I assume Tanya will as would Lauren want Stephen's child

Stacey returns next week and Martin kicks her out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was put out of the moment of Abi's death after breaking my heart laughing at Max trying it on with Tanya during the dieing process :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I was put out of the moment of Abi's death after breaking my heart laughing at Max trying it on with Tanya during the dieing process :pac:

I got a bit of a laugh out of Rainie and her healing crystal. Bit late for that now :pac:

Did Whitney think she was an XMen like Wolverine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,095 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How is Stacey tryna blame Martin :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,095 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Good man Martin. Teach the slag.

Seriously Stacey WTF :mad:

The cheek of Stacy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Brannings and those associated with them are among the most cursed family in EE. How many have died in the last few years? Abi, Bradley, Billy Jackson, Ronnie, Roxie, Derek, Ronnie and Jack's baby (was he called James, can't remember now)...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

The cheek of Stacy

Stacey getting on her high horse made my blood boil. Fair play to the writers, that is the one of the most realistic arguments I've seen on TV.
    The facial expressions were great - Martin at a loss as to her actions, Stacey's face as she decided to turn the argument on Martin.

The change in tactics from Stacey was realistic too - she knew she was losing. Going tangential when Martin looked at the pills. Even to a half-shot of Whitney opening the door to say she was taking the kids out - the camera didn't track her at all - it kept with Martin and Stacey.

Good performance from James Bye, but an excellent performance from Lacey Turner. It must be hard to play an unlikable side to your character.

Now if the other 99% of the show was as good...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

EE starting to pick up a bit now, but really wish they would put that robbery to bed now and be done with it.

The scenes surrounding Abi's death were done so well and were heartbreaking.

Cornation street writers could take note! The scenes with Luke's girlfriend (Alyai ?) were brutal and in most of her scenes I spent the time looking to see how many tears she actually could manage to drop. While in EE poor Max/Tanya/Lauren must have been exhausted with all the crying

smaoifs wrote: »
    The producers. The actress was shocked when she first read through scripts for the Christmas episode and beyond.

they werent very happy when a story came out in papers of her at a party breathing in laughing gas or something wasnt it and they suspended her from the show, maybe its connected to that time

oh he didnt did he! - really what on earth goes through these writers mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

oh he didnt did he! - really what on earth goes through these writers mind?

Ah in fairness he was just trying to comfort her by holding her hand

• Advertisement

I hope Stacey is not preggers by Max

Advertisement