Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dealt with my iStick panic yesterday by... buying another iStick.

One now .on route by FT and one by TBS. End result... 1 iStick pet Kayfun. I also ordered the 'bendy' iStick adaptor and will let you all know if that helps a thread ****ed iStick!

What istick did you order? 30w?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Was that the 20w you had issues with? I've got a 30w on the way from FT, should I be concerned do you think? I'm only planning on having an innokin vv3.0 as a backup and really can't justify spending any more money, on anything, ever again with the amount of money I've spent in the last 2 months!

The worst part is, when the istick comes I don't think I'll ever use any of the stuff I've spent on again. Unless the threading goes on the run of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The 30W iStick has stainless steel threads I think, or some kind of harder metal than the 20W. They knew there was a problem with them on the 20W.

Weather the fasttech version will have them or not I don't know.

Thanks Griff. It's labelled authentic which I'm told is accurate when dealing with FT so I should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi guys, after week of use istick30w with atlantis im not sure if main work good. Every review state great battery life and im only getting like 7h from it. Im not sure im vape too much Or atlantis Fault Or istick? Im vape on 10 W setting. Its vape verry good, taste etc just this short battery life killing me:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

pueblo wrote:
    What istick did you order? 30w?

Ordered 20w again. Should have ordered the 30w from TBS but it was only in a 'set' and too dear.
    Was that the 20w you had issues with? I've got a 30w on the way from FT, should I be concerned do you think?

Yes, 20w. I dunno about the 30 but imagine they fixed the issue.

I'm hoping the bending adapter is a fix for dodgy threads.

Did I misread your last post or do you have one on the way from FT? Is the FT one the 30w because they have them in blue with the US plug that ships same day for only marginally more than the 20w.

Edit: Actually forget that, they now ship in 7 days so looks like I got lucky with my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Hi guys, after week of use istick30w with atlantis im not sure if main work good. Every review state great battery life and im only getting like 7h from it. Im not sure im vape too much Or atlantis Fault Or istick? Im vape on 10 W setting. Its vape verry good, taste etc just this short battery life killing me:-)
    Sub ohm coil in that Atlantis is eating your power, especially at that wattage.
    Have you tried lower wattages?
    Start at 6 or something and slowly go up.
    The iStick is sort of 'overpowered' and you might find a lower wattage is quite acceptable, which will in turn give you longer battery life.

Of course it could be a fault.
    If you have a different atomiser handy, try using it on the iStick for a day or two and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Did I misread your last post or do you have one on the way from FT? Is the FT one the 30w because they have them in blue with the US plug that ships same day for only marginally more than the 20w.

Edit: Actually forget that, they now ship in 7 days so looks like I got lucky with my order.

I considered their 30w but I used a FT credit note to get the 20w after I cancelled the Cloupour mini and I didnt want to spend any more!

Didihno wrote: »
    Sub ohm coil in that Atlantis is eating your power, especially at that wattage.
    Have you tried lower wattages?
    Start at 6 or something and slowly go up.
    The iStick is sort of 'overpowered' and you might find a lower wattage is quite acceptable, which will in turn give you longer battery life.

Of course it could be a fault.
    If you have a different atomiser handy, try using it on the iStick for a day or two and see what happens.

Thanks for reply. I have iclear 16 and will try it for day Or two with it but it willbe hard to back from atlantis:-) So great taste and vape. Are nautilius mini is big diffrent from 0mh ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I got the Ismart 20 from fastech. Its bloody brilliant,aprt from the threads.
    Also I find it burns the likes of custard if too high on the watts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

My phone battery is fairly bad so I've taken to leaving a small portable usb charger in my bag, which I can also use with my istick, not ideal but it might be worth investing in if you are having issues with battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Thanks for reply. I have iclear 16 and will try it for day Or two with it but it willbe hard to back from atlantis:-) So great taste and vape. Are nautilius mini is big diffrent from 0mh ?
    It depends on the resistance of the coil or 'head' inside the atomiser.
    All brands have their own different coils or 'heads' and they have different resistances.
    For example the iClear 16 might have a resistance of 2.0ohms, whereas the Nautilus head is either 1.6 or 1.8 ohms I think.
    This means they will perform very differently on the iStick if you don't adjust the power settings.
    Its always the safest bet to put the iStick down to about 6w and start adjusting up to taste with each new atomiser you put on it. You can adjust up in .5w jumps to save time but slow down at around 8w, which I find is about the same as 10w on a better quality device.
    The iStick is a brilliant little device, but the power output is all over the place in terms of accuracy I find, its very easy to burn a coil if you're not careful.

Didihno wrote: »
    It depends on the resistance of the coil or 'head' inside the atomiser.
    All brands have their own different coils or 'heads' and they have different resistances.
    For example the iClear 16 might have a resistance of 2.0ohms, whereas the Nautilus head is either 1.6 or 1.8 ohms I think.
    This means they will perform very differently on the iStick if you don't adjust the power settings.
    Its always the safest bet to put the iStick down to about 6w and start adjusting up to taste with each new atomiser you put on it. You can adjust up in .5w jumps to save time but slow down at around 8w, which I find is about the same as 10w on a better quality device.
    The iStick is a brilliant little device, but the power output is all over the place in terms of accuracy I find, its very easy to burn a coil if you're not careful.

Its looks like atlantis takes plenty of battery juice, on iclear today istick Still almost full

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Just bought ELeaf's iStick and Nautilus Mini. Bought it at my local VapourPal today. Was on eGo cig and did have problems with kanga coil that kept leaking, so resigned to forking out for the new kit.

Superb vaping experience so far and happy out, no leaks, nuffink. :D

How often do the coils need to be replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Just bought ELeaf's iStick and Nautilus Mini. Bought it at my local VapourPal today. Was on eGo cig and did have problems with kanga coil that kept leaking, so resigned to forking out for the new kit.

Superb vaping experience so far and happy out, no leaks, nuffink. :D

How often do the coils need to be replaced?

In my experience you should get at least a week to ten days on the coils..

pueblo wrote: »
    In my experience you should get at least a week to ten days on the coils..

Interesting, was told, 3 to 4 weeks... :confused:

There seems to be mis-information on duration of coil replacement, guess its down to how heavy vaping you do?

Yeah exactly Tomm. I think higher volts/watts will also burn a coil out quicker. Too many variables for me to really make decisions based on how someone estimates how long their coils last and I personally prefer a comparison to other coils. I'd be more likely to make decisions based on an experienced vaper telling me that BVC coils tend to last them twice as long as kanger dual coils rather than just someone telling me they got 2 weeks out of a BVC. That's an example only, I don't know how they compare really.

Yeah exactly Tomm. I think higher volts/watts will also burn a coil out quicker. Too many variables for me to really make decisions based on how someone estimates how long their coils last and I personally prefer a comparison to other coils. I'd be more likely to make decisions based on an experienced vaper telling me that BVC coils tend to last them twice as long as kanger dual coils rather than just someone telling me they got 2 weeks out of a BVC. That's an example only, I don't know how they compare really.

How would you know if a Nautilus Mini's coil has gone to the departure lounge?

In my experience with the eGo cig, I get a burning sensation at the back of me throat and splutter... :o

To be honest, I've never actually found it as easy as people seem to online. Most people say "if you taste burning its gone" but I tend to change it out and give it a good clean when it starts to feel like it's not vaping as well (could be entirely psychological) and then reuse it doing the same with the one that's now in. It's an awful system that leaves me with half used coils that I have no idea how long they've been used for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

t0mm13b wrote: »
    How would you know if a Nautilus Mini's coil has gone to the departure lounge?

In my experience with the eGo cig, I get a burning sensation at the back of me throat and splutter... :o

The taste becomes muted and the draw becomes tighter. I used to get a week out of them but it all depends on the juice thicker high VG juice you might only get 3-4 days, thinner juices you might get 2 weeks.

I used to think it was great the amount of time I was getting with them but once I'd change a coil I'd wish I had done it sooner.

To be honest, I've never actually found it as easy as people seem to online. Most people say "if you taste burning its gone" but I tend to change it out and give it a good clean when it starts to feel like it's not vaping as well (could be entirely psychological) and then reuse it doing the same with the one that's now in. It's an awful system that leaves me with half used coils that I have no idea how long they've been used for.

Try this Richie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9964m2-IJE

I found if you do this and leave them soak over night then left to dry they're nearly as good as new. I also seen somewhere leave them soaking in vodka works.

Thanks Nutty but the link isn't working for me for some reason. I've been overnight soaking used tanks in vinegar which has been working very well. Rinsing with water afterwards removes any vinegar scent. I haven't tried a coil yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Would everyone stop posting about how great the e leaf istick is.

You're making me want to go out and buy one!!!

And I've just ordered a new battery from Fasttech. Oh well, istick next time. :)

Thanks Nutty but the link isn't working for me for some reason. I've been overnight soaking used tanks in vinegar which has been working very well. Rinsing with water afterwards removes any vinegar scent. I haven't tried a coil yet.

Try it now. If it still wont work it's basically with just the base and coil on your mod fire it until the coil inside glows pulse it for about 10-15 seconds then soak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

That was a good video, I'll give it a try.I have been trying to build Nautilus coils "Fu**ing Nuatilus" :) and not getting very good results, but they are getting better.

Dry burn didn't work, used about a half tank of juice and still getting a burnt taste.I'll dry burned another couple old ones and then wash them, check them in a couple of day's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Dry burn didn't work, used about a half tank of juice and still getting a burnt taste.I'll dry burned another couple old ones and then wash them, check them in a couple of day's.

I got the burnt taste on 3 of my coils & it stayed there,so efd em into the bin,one coil turned out ok but I think it depends on what juice you may use,I used nut juice & it tasted like roasted nuts....LOL

Anytime I've done it, it took a couple of days for the burnt taste to go, but I didn't soak them. As for rebuilding the coils why bother they are cheap enough to buy and last long enough. Saying that my Nautilus's are sitting at home not getting much use at the moment because of my 2 Kayfuns.

• Advertisement

Espresso juice i was using, it's thick and takes a good 20 minutes to soak into a new Nautilus coil so my used coils are probably to gunky to dry burn.

I have been trying to rebuild the Nautilus coils for three day's now and they are either gargling and spitting or i can taste the cotton, i just cant get the hang of it.Other people make it look so easy.The reason i wanted to build my own is 3 of the 5 coils i bought tasted bad and are probably dud's.I will need to order more i only have 1 left.

Advertisement