Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

• 16-11-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Didn't see any threads for this particular device and it has really grabbed my attention.

Has anyone got one and would like to leave some feedback?

More importantly:

WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET ONE IN IRELAND! :)

Everyone seems to be out of stock :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Used one yesterday at vapefest, a friend bought one. Decent vape off of it. Can't say much except that I will be getting one when I get paid next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Nearly every vendor at Vapefest had them.
    http://www.vapourpal.com/eleaf-istick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Nearly every vendor at Vapefest had them.
    http://www.vapourpal.com/eleaf-istick.html

Nice one!! Tried bargain vape, ESI, the best shop and vaporus. All out of stock! Never tried Vapour Pal before, hopefully they are still in stock when I get paid Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

The istick is nice and small with unreal battery capacity, but the mean (average) voltage thing does my head in. I normally vape around 12w on other mods and with the istick I find myself turning it down to 9w and then having to tweek it up to taste.

I prefer the hana mini over the istick, it just feels more solid and gives a more consistent vape.
    Saying all that the istick is a good mod and worth the money... YMMV!

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    The istick is nice and small with unreal battery capacity, but the mean (average) voltage thing does my head in. I normally vape around 12w on other mods and with the istick I find myself turning it down to 9w and then having to tweek it up to taste.

I prefer the hana mini over the istick, it just feels more solid and gives a more consistent vape.
    Saying all that the istick is a good mod and worth the money... YMMV!

The power of the Hana Mini is very appealing, but it looks too big for me and is more expensive.

The mean voltage thing means jack to me, I just start low and move up until I'm happy. I never have a clue what I'm actually vaping at :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I picked up an istick a couple of days ago and I'm loving it! Was using two ego twist batteries on a charge cycle, but the istick has done me approx 2.5 days on a single charge. Also the vape seems so much better... I'm running my t2 at 3.2V and a Nautilus Mini at 4V. It has a charge indicator too which is great coming from the ego where you don't now what's left till it dies.

If you're in Cork, Vapourpal in Ballincollig have them in stock for 40e.

Dubba wrote: »
    I picked up an istick a couple of days ago and I'm loving it! Was using two ego twist batteries on a charge cycle, but the istick has done me approx 2.5 days on a single charge. Also the vape seems so much better... I'm running my t2 at 3.2V and a Nautilus Mini at 4V. It has a charge indicator too which is great coming from the ego where you don't now what's left till it dies.

If you're in Cork, Vapourpal in Ballincollig have them in stock for 40e.

Going slightly OT, what do you think of the Nautilus Mini? I heard it sits well on the iStick and was planning on picking up one or two.

jamie72 wrote: »
    Going slightly OT, what do you think of the Nautilus Mini? I heard it sits well on the iStick and was planning on picking up one or two.

Great piece of kit. I think it uses the same principle as a cartomisers but the polyfill is supposedly unburnable. You won't get the same warm cape as a t2, but the adjustable airflow feature (not a gimmick) and the flavour is top notch. Going to pick myself up another one this week. Would definitely recommend.

Dubba wrote: »
    Great piece of kit. I think it uses the same principle as a cartomisers but the polyfill is supposedly unburnable. You won't get the same warm cape as a t2, but the adjustable airflow feature (not a gimmick) and the flavour is top notch. Going to pick myself up another one this week. Would definitely recommend.

Yeah, as I said in another thread, I was worried about the warmth since it's bottom coil :(

Going to have a look for something similar with a top coil. I've a ton of wick and wire here, so I should be able to find a solid rebuildable that will sit well on the iStick.

Yeah, as I said in another thread, I was worried about the warmth since it's bottom coil :(

Going to have a look for something similar with a top coil. I've a ton of wick and wire here, so I should be able to find a solid rebuildable that will sit well on the iStick.

Yeah I'm a fan of the kanger t2 type warm vape as well but the amount of vape and flavour of the mini easily make up for it.

I've zero experience with rebuildables, but maybe they'd be a better option for you.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm a fan of the kanger t2 type warm vape as well but the amount of vape and flavour of the mini easily make up for it.

I've zero experience with rebuildables, but maybe they'd be a better option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

I find the j stick great I use it with kanger aero tech mega. Only thing I see is wrong with it is the threading isn't centre so using it with the aero tank it sits about 3 mill over the edge of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Have had one for a month and a half now and love the thing !

As was already said you get over 2 days without charging which is brilliant, no more pockets full of spare batteries ! :pac:

I shall be buying a second one as a backup when payday comes

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

love the istick will also be buying a back up when funds allow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Another thumbs up for the iStick.

For me at least at 11w compared to the MVP2, it seems to give more power. Coupled with its small size and battery life it is a winner. I also want a second one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Just got delivered one of these. Nicely built and certainly worth the price tag. Have yet to take it for a test vape (sitting at my desk in work right now) but I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

got mine today from VapeFreaks,the price was a bit steep,but given that every place was sold out and vapefest weekend,ordered Saturday.Also got mail that they didnt have color i wanted was going for black,so either refund or red one,took the red as couldn't bare waiting anymore,so got a deal to get it delivered by fastway,also pack of coils for aerotank and couple bottles of 30mil eliquid-so consider it a fair deal.

Now color is red so not so appealing to bring it outside,but since i don't bother vaping anymore outside or while working its not an issue.Also might get some stickerbombing vinyl to customize it a bit in future :)

Screen is impressive.And size is totally unreal compared to using VTR for last 6months or so.

Downside-need proper tank or advice,since my aero is first gen it can take new coils,but i always only manage to get 1.8-2.0omh ones,so basically cant go above 3.4v and 6-7 watts before getting dry hits-dunno should i change to different tank like nautilus or trying to get hold of 1.5-1.2 omh coils-since never had a chance to go above 8watts for any clouds without choking on burnt taste.

Also power output is as stated goes full blast once fired,since im chain vaping most the time,i can feel heat built up on inhaling after couple vapes-given that my tank is bottom coil fed.

Overal thumbs up for vapefreaks on making it right on my side,and if this device will last me 6 months ill be more then happy,as it seems its perfect combo given battery 2200Mah strength size of a zip lighter and oled screen with enough control-minus few technical glitches that i imagine will be fixed in future from youtube reviews.

Since i was sick of charging my batteries and given costs of liquid i use,and coils-hopefully well see more devices like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Been using an I stick for 3 days at the moment I've got an aspire bdc tank and a Nautilus mini vaping, Cosmic fog and milk and honey a lot.
    I like it over all I'm only learning about how to use it properly its charge quickly you can vape while charging. I've enjoyed using it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've had it a day now and I am very impressed. Small form factor and the battery isn't even half way used yet. Normally, by this time, I'd be switching to my 3rd 18350 battery. I've had zero miss fires. Aside from the understated voltage, wattage that the display states, this yoke vapes great. Just dumb down the volts/watts on what it displays and what you feel that it should be.

I normally vape at 3.7 volts, as this is what the mechanical mod outputs. With the iStick, I find that setting it to 3 volts, I am getting the same type of output, but unlike the mechanicals, it's consistent.

Highly recommend one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

The only negative I have read about these , besides the output reading , is some people have reported problems with the threads over in the FB group , thought I should mention it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SteveB09

Hi There,

purplebox vapours in Crow Street Temple Bar has them:
    www purplebox (dot) ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Using mine for about 5 weeks now and haven't used anything else since.
    Great battery life (I set it at 8ohm on a Nautilus Mini, I find that my sweet spot)

It's very hard to find any negatives about it for the price, perhaps a rubber grommet to seal the micro USB connection when out and about would be a nice touch.

I love it! and the Nautilus Mini!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Yeah haven't used anything else since I got the istick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

SteveB09 wrote: »
    Hi There,

purplebox vapours in Crow Street Temple Bar has them:
    www purplebox (dot) ie

Ive no issue with purplebox usually but he's taking the piss charging €50 for one. Available for cheaper from pretty much every other online seller....

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Get Real

Hi all,

I'm a very loyal user of the MVP 2. I find it unbeatable battery wise, anywhere from 3-5 days off one charge, sturdy, reliable, never leaks.

Had the same one for 9 months now, only use that.

Anyone have any pros for the istick over this? whats better about it/ is it the same at the end of the day.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Get Real wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm a very loyal user of the MVP 2. I find it unbeatable battery wise, anywhere from 3-5 days off one charge, sturdy, reliable, never leaks.

Had the same one for 9 months now, only use that.

Anyone have any pros for the istick over this? whats better about it/ is it the same at the end of the day.

Cheers :)

Id say the main positives would be size, range and the firing button.

Id imagine in a year or so there might be some negatives though, threading being one of them....tanks fit the MVP better as well imo. It also remains to be seen if the isticks build will stand the test of time. Then again its not a very expensive mod either...

The MVP is a perfect back up. The thing is literally bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭dball

I sat into my car last week with the mvp2 and a aspire maxi clearomiser attached in my back pocket. It was about 10 minutes and about 2 or 3 miles later hen i realized what Id done - Absolutely no issues, took it out and started vaping away.

I challenge anyone to try this with the istick - I cant see it working out too well - but i remain to be proven wrong.

Im holding out for the MVP3 - Its due in the next couple of months i think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My MVP2 just stopped working... I thought twas an issue with the o-ring but the ego threading wasnt working either. Sat in the press now, know idea what to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Cigatec in Dun Laoghaire now have the istick for 40Euro.

• Advertisement

Just got my iStick today. Very please with it! It's bloody tiny, the screen is clear and it feels great in your hand.

Early days yet, but I'm very happy!

Advertisement