Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(HS) Hangsen juice review Megathread!

• 10-06-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Welcome to the journey of budget vaping!

You'll find some hits and misses along the way so hopefully these reviews will help you hop on your favourite cloudmaker sooner than later.
    So I am creating this thread hoping to shed some light on Hangsen eliquids you can buy at the moment, my purchases for this usually come from Hangsen (HS) 100ml sale from bargainvapour.com both from the actual 100ml bottles or 5ml samples.
    As with most flavours from this range, you will often find that they will need a larger amount of steeping (fast steeping can do fine, but it's best to leave them be in a dark cupboard for a month or two).
    For the technical side of the reviews, I've been using 1.4-1.8 microcoils with cotton wick and all my juices are 12mg nic content.

1. Blueberry

Flavour: This one is pretty on par with the fruit, although you can feel a very slight chemical kind of flavour in it. Good overall for blueberry fans, even better combined with a tap of mint. No problem on vaping straight out of the bottle.

Throat hit: Nice and mellowy on the inhale but it does hit a bit once you exhale, so it's a pleasant experience for me (I'm not that much of a fan of hard-hitting juices)

Overall: a nice sweet vape closely reminding of the fruit. I recommend it for a nice fruity desert vape.

2. Strong mint

Flavour: Well... it pretty much is what it says, a strong minty taste on the inhale with a clear less-minty taste on exhale. You could fool the missus into thinking you brushed your teeth (if you can hide the vapour :)) but then again, why would you want to do that in the first place?

Throat hit: This one hits a bit more than the rest, overall it would be a 4/5. Try a 24mg in a Kayfun to instantly imagine how it would feel to be in a bare knuckle fight!

Overall: Pretty solid experience for mint lovers.

3. Apple

Flavour: My go-to flavour in this segment is definitely the one from Liqua although I can't badly judge this take on the fruit - it's tangy and pleasant with a sweet add to it, maybe too sweet for me. Kind off reminds me of the aul' Haribo Sour Apples without the sourness.

Throat hit: It's not a killer on that, so if you seek taste over throat hit this one is a safe bet. Vapour production is nice as with all Hangsen liquids for me so far.

Overall: A nice, airy taste of apples with a sweet finish.

4. Mixed Fruit

Flavour:
    This one tastes like a fruit bowl indeed, but there's something about it that just won't let me buy a large 100ml bottle... It's some taste that reminds me of bee pollen, which I'm not a big fan of. This same kind of taste I found in much larger amounts in Bubblegum, which i'll detail below.

Throat hit: Nice and hitty on the inhale, airy and easy to exhale too

Overall: Bit of a pollen taste that I just can't agree with...

5. Mojito

Flavour: I'm crazy about the drink. It's nice and refreshing on a hot summer day and oh-so-tasty. This take on the famous cocktail is coming somewhere around that - with a sweet sugary taste underneath a stronger mint flavour. None of the alcohol taste though, as expected from an e-liquid.

Throat hit: As with all minty flavours I tried off Hangsen, this one will hit you a bit harder than normal but it's a pleasant, clean draw

Overall: No chemical taste but mostly sugar (with a hint of fruit) and mint, it's a good vape but a bit distant from everyone's favourite mint cocktail, as the vodka makes it all. Don't try adding that to the liquid though... seriously speaking.

6. Kiwi

Flavour:
    Pretty darn close to the real thing, you can taste a good, ripe kiwi fruit when vaping on this, feels like you can also taste the seeds. Feels very nice to vape on, I burned through my sample fast and I'm now thinking on buying the large bottle.

Throat hit: Not a gob killer, the vapour seems to be smoother than most, it has something from Blueberry's creamy smoothness on vapour production.

Overall: Nice, sweet as it should be and enjoyable. I'm not sure if this would make an all day vape for me but it would definitely be a pleasant break from it.

7. Orange

Flavour:
    I'm sure that if I mix this with chocolate I could taste Terry's Chocolate Orange. However standalone it wasn't an incredible experience for me, it's a bit acidic and tastes slightly of zest off oranges. Ok-ish on the flavour but I'm not going to stock up my cupboard with it.

Throat hit: This one hits hard and leaves the throat dry like a night out so if you're into that, go for it!

Overall: It's ok, but I'm not a huge fan.

8. Mango

Flavour:
    Rather close to a mango milk drink, it's a pleasant and mellow experience. What's good about it is the smoothness of the vapour and the nice taste it leaves behind.

Throat hit: Easy sail with this one, definitely not a hard-hitter. Same as Blueberry and Kiwi in regards to smoothness.

Overall: I'd go for this again, especially after a good meal and a movie on a chill night in. Steeping will most likely be necessary.

9. Vanilla Custard
    Flavour:
    If Hangsen would read this, I would suggest adding some graham/biscuit taste on this one, I'm not ecstatic to vape on the stuff. Not bad, but not great either, too... vanilly? :) The taste is not chemical but it lacks some freshness, feels a bit stale-kind-of-taste. Maybe steeping would have helped.

Throat hit: I honestly can't remember...

Overall: Perhaps combined with something else this would be good. Standalone, I'm not a huge fan.

10. Melon

Flavour: It's ok, tastes like melon-candy rather than the real fruit but it's a pleasant vape. I'm not overly impressed but it'll do if I run out of other juices. Would definitely choose this over Orange if it would come down to the two.

Throat hit: It's a bit stronger than most fruit flavours I tried from HS, but it won't leave the throat too dry.

Overall: Eh ok, why not?

11. Silk Smooth Cut

Flavour: This one has a good tobacco taste, although a very faint something in there tastes a bit bitter... It's hard to put my finger on it, but it would almost feel like that smell you get in a room with high humidity if you get me (it's hard to describe, really). It's good when you forget about that though and you do fairly quick, there's other flavour bits that tingle your tongue in a good way. All in all it would remind me of a slightly sweet cigarette taste.

Throat hit: You can vape this before your Opera recital, it's not going to dance on your vocal chords.

Overall: I might have some more again though not 100% sure

12. Mint Strawberry

Flavour:
    This is one of my favourites, the strawberry hides very well behind the mind and comes around when you exhale. It's very close to the real fruit but the mint comes on a bit stronger. I've tasted this both in my eVod/protanks and RBA, I would take it for a spin in the clearos rather than the RBA for some odd reason... The flavour just doesn't seem to be as good in the big tanks.

Throat hit: It's there, you'll notice it, but it's not in your face (pardon the pun). Just the way I like it!

Overall: Get your mits on this one for the hot days, it'll be a pleasant companion!

13. Bubblegum (pollenbum)

Flavour: Maybe it's my tastebuds but this one just failed to impress. As mentioned before, there's some manky bee pollen taste to it, definitely won't pop any baloons with this anytime soon. The thought of this flavour makes me want to take a shower (ok, maybe not that bad:D).

Throat hit: Genuinely can't remember, the taste was bad enough for me to focus on anything else...

Overall: Under all.

14. Limed Lemon

Flavour: Step one: take the zest from lime and lemon and squeeze it in a ciggie wrap. Step two: light that ish up. Step three: put that thing down, you're being ridiculous, man.
    I still have a bottle of this from more than half a year ago, I add a tiny-tintsy bit of it to other flavours to combine, it's so strong and zesty I would never ever vape it alone. Great fun for mixing though! If most juices from bargainvapour's 100ml offer could do with a bit more drops of flavour in, this one is definitely on the other side.

Throat hit and miss. Forgot about that while I was brushing my teeth..

Overall: Don't get me wrong, it doesn't taste chemical or manky but the sheer zesty kind of flavour is so strong that it's just not vapable as-is for me.

15. Spearmint

Flavour: It's nice and refreshing, but it does remind of the aul' toothpaste. A bit sweeter too. If you're into that sort of stuff, go for it!

Throat hit: It's smoother than most mint flavours from HS.

Overall: Dentists all over the world would love this.

16. Red Cola

Flavour:
    It's ok, nothing bad about it but it kinda tastes like that cheap Cola you find in hypermarkets... I'd go for Liqua Cola over this one.

Throat hit: Not going to dry your throat, it's where it should be.

Overall: It's juicy-tasting, but it won't throw you off your socks. Will need steeping as it lacks a bit on the flavour end.

17. Irish Cream

Flavour:
    Are you kidding me? A better name would be Very Slightly Irish Cream Flavoured Butter Popcorn. If you squint your eyes and try to imagine that there could be a hint of the name in the product, you might find it there. But you would have to have a really rich imagination.. Not one for my vaping pack.

Throat hit: It's creamy and pleasant, not too hard hitting or drying.

Overall
    : Inside rumour has it that this flavour is being stored in the basements of the Odeon. Maybe Tom Cruise would find this appealing...

18. Hot Cinnamon

Flavour: I started off loving this flavour, it tasted like hot cinnamon buns at start but then rolled into a sugary-cinnamon dough later... Maybe I over rated it as an all day vape or it could have been that the flavour has gone bad on me, I'll keep it for steeping a bit more and try it again. Hasn't cracked any of my policarb tanks.

Throat hit: Pleasant but a bit too sweet so it can be hitty on that side.

Overall: A fling that ended too soon, but it's a fresh break from your regular vape.

19. Red Energy

Flavour: Smells and tastes just like Red Bull, there's nothing else to be added on top of that but only perhaps the suggestion that it could have been a bit stronger on the flavour end.

Throat hit: It won't plug its horns too bad, it's pleasant.

Overall: It's just like the famous energizing drink, but remember that it will need steeping.

20. Peach

Flavour: This is a good one, it has a sweet tangy feel to it. Definitely a good one, but it may lack mid-substance as it's a bit on the airy side. Perhaps the ladies would love it more, I would suggest.

Throat hit: Nice and vapable, no hard hitter on this one, as expected.

Overall: You can go ahead and get yourself some juice if you like the fruit, it comes in close enough. Steeping is needed on this one.

21. RY4

Flavour:
    Haven't tried a large number of ry4 takes but then again didn't have to, this was an all-day vape for me for a veeery long time. It's the first flavour I tried since I got into vaping so it has a sweet (pardon the pun) spot in my heart. If you like ry4 (some people might not), help yourself with a good serving. Furthermore, the VG version of this is a killer for taste but mind the wicks and coils, as with any full VG.

Throat hit: Nice and smooth, just on the right spot between creamy and hard hitting.

Overall
    : Somewhere along the top of the ry4 flavours podium, as many would agree on most forums. It definitely was a pleasant companion for me.

22. Cheesecake

Flavour: It's sweet, it's sort of cakey, but it's no cheesecake. Sure it'll taste like a desert but won't come close to the actual stuff, as far as I can tell.

Throat hit: Nice and smooth, no hard hitting here; move along.

Overall: A sweet experience, maybe to sweet for my taste. A cheesy take on the famous desert.

23. Caramel Toffee

Flavour: This one is on the ok-range. It lacks body to it, I can taste some caramel toffee after steeping for several months but I won't rush to buy another one myself. And from the bottle it smells like dirty socks; what's up with that?

Throat hit: One of the lighter throat-hitter and vapour producers, maybe the batch I got wasn't too greatly mixed.

Overall: It's ok. Not great, but ok.

As mentioned, I bought these either in 5ml sample form for 2 euro or in the larger 100ml bottle for 13.99 euro

That's about it. There are others I've tried off that list too, but I can't recall the taste well enough to write about it so I'll stick to what I know. Also I'll update this as I try new juices. Feel free to chip in and add your own reviews on Hangsen (or any other) e-liquids.

Hope this will help you out a bit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Cheers, must give some of them a go after reading that.

I have only tried a few of the tobacco flavours from that range but that was when I started vaping and knew nothing about steeping so they all tasted the same.

I read somewhere that a couple of drops of Lemon really brings out Cola flavours so if you have both of those left you could try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

I read somewhere that a couple of drops of Lemon really brings out Cola flavours so if you have both of those left you could try that.

That is absolutely correct. I've tried 1/10 of HS Limed Lemon on on 9/10 Liqua Cola. Someone must have invented teleportation that day, because the liquid in the tank just vanished.

Let us know about the tobacco flavours you got off that offer, I'm sure someone will find it useful!

I can't really remember much about them plus my taste buds were shot at the time so most juices tasted the same.

This thread had just been started on the Fasttech forum.

It's recipes made from the juices available there,mostly Hangsen and Dekang so it might be worth keeping an eye on to give you ideas for all the different flavours you have.

http://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1292065/fasttech-e-juice-recipes

Quick update guys, I found out that the plastic recipients that the juice comes in are no good, I forgot about a mint strawberry that I put in a glass bottle and then filled my tank with it... Such a difference in quality, a much clearer and pleasant vape. This happened again with a mix I made in a hangsen 100ml bottle and part of it was transferred to a glass bottle, same result.

So if you have 100ml glass recipients, I strongly recommend that you swap them as soon as you get the liquid then give them a week or two for steeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Interesting , where would you get 100ml glass bottles ?

• Advertisement

I haven't use this site but got it from a vapers forum ages ago,they seemed happy with it.

http://www.ampulla.co.uk/AMBER-GLASS-SIROP-BOTTLES/c-1-196/

I'm waiting for a delivery of nicotine,vg/pg from a German company,I should have it tomorrow.They also sell glass bottles but unless your making a fairly big order the postage costs wouldn't be worth it.

I've got a better one:

I ordered some bottles from this site, I'm thinking of getting the 30ml blue bottles, they look great. The delivery was normal, 2-3 working days, no hassle at all.

http://homeopathysuppliesireland.ie/index.php?route=product/category&path=130&page=4

The drippers aren't very narrow at the tip so they are ok for filling a tank that opens up but for a Kayfun with a bottom fill hole you'll need a syringe with a wide needle (talk about concerned visitors when they see them lying next to 100ml bottles in my gaff)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LBBL730

I got 2 x 100ml bottles of HG from bargin vapour today & I have to say I'm well impressed!!

DrJacks mojito has been my ADV for awhile now. Tried the HG mojito & it is as good as the Dr Jacks but a steal @ €13.99 instead of €4 for 10ml. It's kind of a sweet menthol, but extremely clean & refreshing.

I also got a bottle of Aniseed based on a friends recommendation. Had tried blue sky eliquids previously & while it was dirt cheap (£8.99 plus £5 postage through parcel motel) it was very sweet & nondescript. The HG version is yum, actually tastes like vaping black jacks.

Was delighted with bargin vapours service, ordered Sunday night & received this am, even with the bank holiday, that's good going! And let's face it €13.99 for 100ml is an absolute steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Love the hangsen ry4 and usa mix or any mix of the two. 100ml for 13.49 with discount code discount10 on vapefreaks. I was paying €10 for 30ml from b&m shop before going online for it. Its some saving in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Love the hangsen ry4 and usa mix or any mix of the two. 100ml for 13.49 with discount code discount10 on vapefreaks. I was paying €10 for 30ml from b&m shop before going online for it. Its some saving in fairness.

Ordered a bottle of that yesterday! Should be in today. Think the postman has ****ed off because still no post today and it was the same yesterday.. I'm expecting 140ml if juice in my favourite flavours :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I polished off a bottle of their RY4, I was quite impressed with it but got so sick of it after a while, the vanilla is way too milky or something and there's not enough caramel in there for me. Prefer Dekang's RY4 as it has more of a caramel profile but I don't really vape ry4 much these days.

Desert Ship

Great baccy if you're looking for a fake tobacco that's harsh and strong with no nutty tones. It's hard to describe something between dried hay and tobacco but a really good cheep and cheerful tobacco that I happily vaped all day when I had it in stock.

Apple

No, just no! No amount of steeping improved this or could shake the chemapple aftertaste I got from it, overall it's okay and sort of like apple juice from concentrate but the after taste destroys it for me.

Pineapple

It's candy pineapple and very sweet and rich, okay but not great.

Coconut

Pretty impressed with their coconut but flavour strength is very mild.

I find the two above creates a very good staple all day vape, they're not amazing on their own but I find they compliment each other quite well together. Pretty decent for a standard juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Is Hangsen Mint strawberry liquid any good? Love mint strawberry but 5 for 10ml vs 14 for 100 can't be argued with

I haven't tried it but Bargainvapour do 5ml samples of the Hangsen range so you could try out a few.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/5ml_sample_of_bargain_vapour_liquid/p1274299_6354267.aspx

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Is Hangsen Mint strawberry liquid any good?

Hi GrayFox, check out the review on the first post, for myself it's a great flavour, my favourite from the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I picked up two of these 100ml bottles this week. I had tried red cola before and didn't like it at all tbh, maybe left it sitting too long in the plastic bottle.

This time I got mint strawberry and orange, both of them are pretty nice straight out of the envelope. The mint strawerry is a nice mellow flavour and I got it in 6mg so its very smooth, the amount of mint is just right.

Orange is a bit stronger tasting and nice and tangy, it is bit tickling on the throat (in 12mg) but not too bad.

I've got them sitting in glass bottles with the tops off now to steep for a bit but I like them both as they are. 200ml for €29, can't argue with that.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/The_100ml_sale!/cat1274300_1558093.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Great thread Boogietime. So much detail. Appreciate it!

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Great thread Boogietime. So much detail. Appreciate it!

Thank you, it's always nice to hear feedback, moreso when it's kind :)
    At first I was shy to order so I would have found a review database useful, I'm hoping that people wanting to buy hangsen find this reference good for starter.

Also I've cooked up some 3 part Blueberry with 1 part Aniseed, I'm hoping to recreate a part of that awesome Blue Sky flavour from Wingnuts (which I really love). I'll post more on it after I vape the thing.
    if anyone has tried mixing the flavours and found a nice blend, by all means don't be shy to let the rest of us know!

Advertisement