Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

rebuildable discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Resistors in parallel don't work like that. Yes more current will travel along the one with the least resistance, but the other will still get power in ratio. Just try and keep them the same amount of turns and that and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

jamie72 wrote: »
    It's no wonder new people to this forum get confused with all the terms.

Patent pending :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I still don't know what a condomoid is and I'm rarely off the forum.

What does it meeeeeean?

grindle wrote: »
    I still don't know what a condomoid is and I'm rarely off the forum.

What does it meeeeeean?

Cant say for legal reasons :-P
    Its just a condom from a boge that I glued onto an oid to stop burning the hell out of my lips while chain vaping.
    Actually works really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

jamie72 wrote: »
    Resistors in parallel don't work like that. Yes more current will travel along the one with the least resistance, but the other will still get power in ratio. Just try and keep them the same amount of turns and that and you'll be fine.

Brain fail, I wasn't thinking of them as parallel resistors, yeah your right so long as there reasonably close it'll be fine. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im having to recoil my a7's every morning. it's very strange. i can dry burn them but it takes ages using an ego and by the time it's done after I refill it the flavour just isn't there any more

not the biggest hassle in the world but just odd after the 3-4 days I'd get out of a bulli/clockworks

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

My first ever attempt at any kind of rebuildable.
    My aga-t with Three wraps of .15 Kanthal and she's coming out at bang on 2 ohms. Vaping like a boss. Feels a bit too good to be true......

my god .20 kanthal is an amazing pain in the arse getting working on an a7. it just twists so much when you're putting it through the posts, once you get most of it through you have to stop and do some micro surgery to get the final piece in without tearing the coil apart

worth it though

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

If you're doing lots of coiling in tight spaces you could do worse than pick up something like this....makes life much easier:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-60338-Helping-Magnifying-Glass/dp/B001MJ0JV8/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1366812335&sr=8-19&keywords=magnifying+glass

think I've finally figured the a7 out.

well, someone else did and I copied them
    http://ukvapers.org/Thread-A7-Recoiling-Help?pid=137983#pid137983

• Advertisement

finally got a decent coil in the igo-s
    used 2mm wick instead of 1mm as the 1 was terribly unwieldy

it's not actually that bad

flavour isn't the best but at least now I know what i'm doing with it I can work on that.

--edit

moved the airhole slightly. god damn, this is good
    have it at around 2 ohms, so need to either get some .20 nichrome or 1 less wrap, or 3mm wick instead of 2 strands of 2mm but still.. im glad I didn't just throw this away

• Registered Users Posts: 5 _charlie_

Well done! :-)

I have that small one too, but I was never patient enough to do it.

The big works for me:
    8603117453_a82a6a35c1.jpg

I'm using a 0.3 kanthal, on a quite low resistance, 1.0Ohm. It makes an amazing vapour.
    However I'm using it on a mecha mod.

the mod is shiny and all but all I can think of is what board game is that...

:-D That's an old version of the Scotland Yard.

green hornet.. how did you find the a7 after a days vaping?
    i'm constantly having to recoil it every morning. dry burning seems to ruin it and after a days vaping the coil just doesn't perform as well as it did the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I found it fine for a few days vaping actually but I gave up on dry burning it too. For some reason it took absolute ages to dry burn and killed the coil or more likely the wick I suppose. Pain in the ass to rebuild so that's one of the reasons that I got a few days out if it.....

I know it's not for me, however I'm also using a similar device.
    Did you try to wash out the wrap and dry and burn it out? That might help. However that also depends on the liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

green hornet.. how did you find the a7 after a days vaping?
    i'm constantly having to recoil it every morning. dry burning seems to ruin it and after a days vaping the coil just doesn't perform as well as it did the day before.

Digby I think you might just be the Goldilocks of the vaping world, always seeking perfection... :D

I got 3 or 4 days out of the coil that came with it and I used it fairly heavily (the pass the parcel arrived on day 2 so you can imagine the use it got then)

rickyjb wrote: »
    Digby I think you might just be the Goldilocks of the vaping world, always seeking perfection... :D

certainly seems that way :)

charlie yeah I have washed it out before dry burning, makes it a little quicker but the dry burning still seems to wreck the coil

GH, wonder what the diff is between this and the bulli/rda with dry burning
    it's all so strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Dunno but mine is the same. Just doesnt work with it. Takes ages and tastes ****e afterwards.

charlie yeah I have washed it out before dry burning, makes it a little quicker but the dry burning still seems to wreck the coil

GH, wonder what the diff is between this and the bulli/rda with dry burning
    it's all so strange

What thickness wick are you using? I would've used 2x2mm with the RDA as there was more space but the ones that come with the A7 are much skinnier. Might also be because the coils have to be much tighter due to the reduced space.

I've never managed to successfully clean a clearo coil by dry burning either without it tasting like crap so maybe it's for the same reasons.

Any word on your RDA order from clockworks btw? I'm missing it more than I thought I would, the A7 is alright but just not the same. If you still don't want it feel free to pass him my email and I'll take it no problem. If the RDA was easier to take it apart it'd be perfect, that was the only bit that used to annoy me.

yeah i'm jumping back and forth between loving the a7 and finding it kinda meh. the position of the coil relative to the airhole is key and getting it situated right with those damn posts can be a pain

i always use 1mm wick, 4 strands usually in every device

no word from clockworks, i'll just send him a pm saying I don't want it anymore but someone wants to take my place in the list. giz your email address or ukvapers account name and I'll pm him

yeah i'm jumping back and forth between loving the a7 and finding it kinda meh. the position of the coil relative to the airhole is key and getting it situated right with those damn posts can be a pain

no word from clockworks, i'll just send him a pm saying I don't want it anymore but someone wants to take my place in the list. giz your email address or ukvapers account name and I'll pm him

I don't have a ukvapers account, does that matter? I'll pm my email address anyway, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Didn't you buy an IGO-L?

yeah, igo-l, arrived yesterday morning. finding it so-so

ribbon kanthal arrived this morning .1x.5. it's ever so slightly too low resistance to use on ego batteries. 7 wraps around 4 strands of 1mm wick gets me 1.4ohms, useable but that many wraps just sucks the juice in the a7 dry in 4-5 drags.

might try .1x.4mm, gotta compare resistance per meter and see if it'll work out

decent vape though

--edit
    .5 is 30 ohms per meter .4 is 37

hardly seems like enough of a difference to make it useable
    poop

Im just using 3 wraps of .2 kanthal with 2ml silica doubled over and getting 1.6ohms. Working out grand so far.
    Found ribbon too hard to work with in an a7.

wat...

I get around 1.9 ohms with six wraps of .20 on 2x2mm wick. how do you get 1.6 with only 3

• Advertisement

wat...

I get around 1.9 ohms with six wraps of .20 on 2x2mm wick. how do you get 1.6 with only 3

Sure its not nichrome your using?

Advertisement