Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biansi Imist

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Oh, and this review mentions replacement coils

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'm going to buy the atomiser and tanks when they come into Irish Vapers but they're out of stock. Looked in the UK as well and they seem to be out of stock everywhere as well. It's a good sign I'd say. The reviews are good pretty much everywhere.

You can get the whole kit together in some vendors but I dont need the whole kit.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Oh, and this review mentions replacement coils

I saw that but I would say that that will be an attomiser update as doesn't look like the current version coil can easily be removed. (I stand to be corrected on that :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

One week using the Imist and here are my findings:

It's great! Constant full vapour and great throat hit and flavour.
    Absolutely no leaks whatsoever.
    This is a keeper for me and I think I've finally found the one that "just works"

Initially had a problem with the wick, where it kept rising in the needle plate and causing dry hits. This was easily cured by pulling the wick down slightly.
    Then I blew the wick out and lost it, but replaced with one of the included spares.
    This has cured the wick problem, as it no longer needs adjusting.
    I can only guess that the first wick was a tad too thin and kept shifting in the needle plate.

Yesterday I began to get a slightly burnt taste and opened the assembly to check it out.
    The end of the wick was black, so I pulled it out and washed it under the tap.
    This removed all the black stuff and after drying and priming it, I re-inserted it and it's working perfectly again.

Short of the Imist going out of production, I don't see myself changing to another device for a long time.
    Over the years, I have been through the mill with several types of PV and mods.
    Some were initially great, but then went downhill from there and no amount of cleaning or tweaking was going to bring it back.
    Some worked very well, but the leaks or waste or inconsistency were too frustrating to be dealing with.
    Some were pure sh1t from the word go :p

I see that the Imist is not widely available at the moment and vendors that do sell it are often low on parts.
    I hope this is down to it's increasing popularity and not because it just didn't get an audience with most buyers.

In summary:

I love it, you may not!

Have you been swapping tanks much? This seems to be one of the main causes of leaks with other tanks.

• Advertisement

I'm using the same tank for the past week.
    I take it off and refill it 2 - 3 times per day, sometimes more.
    I use a syringe with a blunt needle, through the silicone stopper.

I've had one since Monday. Before that used cartos but then got pissed off with them and was direct dripping. it just works as the other poster said.... huge vapour. taste is good - a bit less than direct drip but very good. best vaped at 3.3 or 3.7 volts. higher may give a burnt taste. does go through the juice a bit but that's probably down to the massive vapour that it produces. no spilling and wastage compared to cartos so probably use less overall. well worth it. replacable coils will be even better... highly recommended ... I refill with normal eliquid bottles - just put the end right up against the tank and no spill unless you get air trapped which has only happened once - just check that there's not a bubble at tank end before doing it.

cleaned wick and attomiser with Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) last night. got any black residue off the wick and cleaned attomiser. seems to be going well after it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wish there was a decent tank system for higher voltage vaping
    i'd like to try it out, curious what most of my juices taste like without the filler :)

spose I could buy a good atty and direct drip but pain in the ass.

wish there was a decent tank system for higher voltage vaping
    i'd like to try it out, curious what most of my juices taste like without the filler :)

spose I could buy a good atty and direct drip but pain in the ass.

The direct dripping is a bit of a pain alright but it does give clean flavour. That 306 LR that I got gives good flavour but the vapour is so flipping hot that there's no way I could use it all day. It blows the head off me.

• Advertisement

yeah I started off direct dripping, and it wasn't that bad really
    it's just after a year of being used to the simplicity of cartomizers... the added hassle of having to drop a bit of juice in every time I want to vape.. meh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

The direct dripping is a bit of a pain alright but it does give clean flavour.

The needle caps make dripping a lot easier. Anyone know if there is a drip tip that would fit an Ego A type atty? I have an old one that I've pulled the plate from and want to use it for dripping.

I was reading that some people were using ultrasonic cleaners for cleaning attys, etc and I remembered there's an old jewellery cleaner in the attic. I rooted it out and it works a treat and only takes a few minutes. I think Aldi had one a while back but it wouldn't be worth getting one just for vaping stuff but it cleans loads of other stuff too...dvds, glasses, jewellery, coins, etc.

does anyone else ju8st go on youtube to look at ecig reviews of random products they are never gona buy?

if im bored ill go on youtube and watch just about anything by scott, pbusardo of grimmgreen
    kinda weird

I watch most of Scott's hardware reviews just out of interest as he does them really well. I can't for the life of me understand video reviews of liquids, though.

hehe, some of them are worth looking at if you're curious about a juice
    most of them are funny though, people trying to describe a weak flavour they kinda half get from a juice :)

scott confirmed what i was wondering about the imist, not really good for higher volt vaping
    shame as it does look cool. maybe I will do like I said earlier and just keep one around for if I ever do have to use an ego again

You have to take their word about flavour and throat hit. All you see is the vapour from a new device, fully charged battery, well lit against a black background. Funny alright the one I saw ages ago of some American lad take a long drag and get a fit of coughing and spill the bottle of juice.

I use the iMist of a Lavatube with an adaptor. Can't go much above 3.5 volts but I suppose if I was using a lower juice than 24mgs I could. Great bit of kit though but I prefer the Ego-C for the flavour but everyone is different.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    You have to take their word about flavour and throat hit. All you see is the vapour from a new device, fully charged battery, well lit against a black background. Funny alright the one I saw ages ago of some American lad take a long drag and get a fit of coughing and spill the bottle of juice.

hehe, pete busardo was demonstrating some tank system and talking about how it might potentially come apart and spill your juice all over you, naturally it came apart asnd spilled his juice all over him. cue about three or four slow motion replays of the move from shock to anger to bleeped out cursing

Interesting that Bubba9 prefers the eGo-C for flavour over the iMist. Can't fault the eGo-C for flavour myself either. It's the damned leaks and it looks like the iMist doesn't suffer from those.

• Advertisement

Interesting that Bubba9 prefers the eGo-C for flavour over the iMist. Can't fault the eGo-C for flavour myself either. It's the damned leaks and it looks like the iMist doesn't suffer from those.

Yeah, it's a close call...both are great. By leaks do you mean the odd blob of juice on the top of the tank when you take it out to refill it? None on the iMist for me but get them a lot on the C but I just wipe it off with a tissue and it doesn't bother me at all. If you mean juice leaking into your mouth then that definitely would turn me off it but hasn't happened yet.

Bubba9 wrote: »

Yeah, it's a close call...both are great. By leaks do you mean the odd blob of juice on the top of the tank when you take it out to refill it? None on the iMist for me but get them a lot on the C but I just wipe it off with a tissue and it doesn't bother me at all. If you mean juice leaking into your mouth then that definitely would turn me off it but hasn't happened yet.

My C leaks all over the cone and atty if it's not stored tank side down. When that happens I get a rotten chemical taste from the vapour. Tried different atties, different tanks, silicone caps (which were a complete disaster) but still ended up with leaks.

Storing tank side down resolved the leaks though and the flavour from the C is great. Mind you, the eGo-W is better and doesn't leak so I'm using that at the moment.

Just checking the IV website and the iMist has been removed. Atomisers and the full kit too!

Maybe the websites being updated?

I can still see the listing, although it's out of stock.

I really hope they get these back in soon, two people I've recommended them to are waiting to place orders for full kits.

I'm 3 weeks into my Imist experience and am extremely happy with the performance and reliability.

The only other supplier I can find (safercigs) seems to be out of stock for some time too!

This is a great product and I really hope it hasn't gone belly up.
    Seriously considering ordering a heap of them directly and becoming a vendor!!!

I can still see the listing, although it's out of stock.

I really hope they get these back in soon, two people I've recommended them to are waiting to place orders for full kits.

I'm 3 weeks into my Imist experience and am extremely happy with the performance and reliability.

The only other supplier I can find (safercigs) seems to be out of stock for some time too!

This is a great product and I really hope it hasn't gone belly up.
    Seriously considering ordering a heap of them directly and becoming a vendor!!!

Ah, just checked and they've added a statement that shipping was delayed until end of next week. Must have taken the listing down to update it. It's back now anyway.

Going to try the atomiser when it comes in to see how it compares to the eGo-C. The C is a good product too to be fair though.

I've been using these for roughly a little over a week now. My favourite device so far. They seem to be relatively trouble free and give fantastic vapour and TH.

Two things I've noticed though, wicking doesn't seem to be fantastic, if I take very long draws from it, I start to get a burnt taste on the 2nd/3rd draw. I've tried adjusting the wick but I don't think it has made much difference. It's not a very bad problem because short draws work really well with this, but I'd like to be able to take longer draws too if anyone has any tips on this?

I also noticed that after about a weeks use it started going through juice really quickly, and the body started felling a little greasy, so I think it had a small leak. Do the tanks have a limited lifespan, are they a disposable part that should be switched every now and then?

I've been using these for roughly a little over a week now. My favourite device so far. They seem to be relatively trouble free and give fantastic vapour and TH.

Two things I've noticed though, wicking doesn't seem to be fantastic, if I take very long draws from it, I start to get a burnt taste on the 2nd/3rd draw. I've tried adjusting the wick but I don't think it has made much difference. It's not a very bad problem because short draws work really well with this, but I'd like to be able to take longer draws too if anyone has any tips on this?

I also noticed that after about a weeks use it started going through juice really quickly, and the body started felling a little greasy, so I think it had a small leak. Do the tanks have a limited lifespan, are they a disposable part that should be switched every now and then?

I have the eGo-C and the wick is the weak point in that too I think really. When it's wicking just right it's a fantastic piece of kit but when it's not right its a heap of ****. Looks like the iMist is the same then.

pull the wick down towards the coill a bit more with tweezers and separating the end a bit. you could also try taking a quick draw before activating the attomiser. Haven’t really had a big issue with that on the iMist. only prob I had is that I lost the silicone thing on the tank, without which it will leak a bit so have had to order some tanks. still very happy with it overall.

That seems to have done the trick, thanks. I had tried pulling the wick down a bit, but separating the end a bit seems to be the key. Wicking fantastically now and no hint of burnt taste no matter how much I draw on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aaron Chen

glasso wrote: »
    cool, will probably give it a go once my current atties give up the ghost. have settled on atties + good tank or direct drip. cartos just too much hassle with all that refilling, not knowing when they will run out, spilling juice etc etc.

how does the taste and vapour compare to direct drip?

see that some forums in uk suggest that maybe you can rewick these things with your own wire / wick - could work out very economical.

This is Aaron Chen from Biansi Company, thanks for your interest, we can make the wick a little longer.

Advertisement