Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

1767778798082»

Comments

This is like the finale of Lost. There's no way they'll wrap everything up in the next 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Well I wasnt expecting THAT ending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Oh no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

The only half decent program on VM and the couldn't even finish it off,

gazzer wrote: »
    Well I wasnt expecting THAT ending

I got a feeling about fifteen minutes from the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

That was it!!!!

thesultan wrote: »
    That was it!!!!

Disappointing end to a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭memorystick

Terrible ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I'm still confused. Did they all die in the end? (Those in the station). Did Podge die? TBH, I was busy chatting online so might have missed some important things.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Christ, that was a dreadful finale.

• Advertisement

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Christ, that was a dreadful finale.

A message that there will be no more. Very squashed together. At the very least they could have made 5 episodes out of it but the unending wait for the 2 final episodes show the disdain the production company has for the fans.

Almost a Shakespearean ending like Hamlet "I've no idea how I'm going to finish this thing so I'll just kill everyone".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

A message that there will be no more. Very squashed together. At the very least they could have made 5 episodes out of it but the unending wait for the 2 final episodes show the disdain the production company has for the fans.

Almost a Shakespearean ending like Hamlet "I've no idea how I'm going to finish this thing so I'll just kill everyone".

AFAIK the two episodes were ready and waiting during the last run but it was a scheduling issue.

AFAIK the two episodes were ready and waiting during the last run but it was a scheduling issue.

I know about the scheduling issue, but Im still saying it could have been 5 episodes. Not all squeezed into 2.

And really there was an awful lot of filler that was unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

What happened? Did they blow it up like The Bill lol

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

..spoiler alert.

fr336 wrote: »
    What happened? Did they blow it up like The Bill lol

Didn't know about The Bill.

Pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Didn't know about The Bill.

Pretty much.

Well The Bill ended with a normal episode and life carrying on as normal for the station but before that I remember they blew up the station twice in quick succession. Of course only a few characters they wanted rid of perished.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Introducing The Irish Kojak …………..

Lb1GzlWl.jpg

Hopefully he survives and gets his own spin-off

Speaking of the scheduling issue. Is virgin media really so jam packed with high quality content it took them this long to air it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Speaking of the scheduling issue. Is virgin media really so jam packed with high quality content it took them this long to air it?

No.... not that I can see.

Virgin Media wanted to kill it, no reason to air it back in April 2018, even to repeat it last year, nightly on VMTV 3 at 6pm, until its final episodes this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,902 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I saw it, then rewatched it yesterday.
    Looking forward to the last episode tonight.

I thought Sharon was shown in a trailer about 2/3 years ago?
    Implying that she knew Rory's true colours and was gonna spill the beans?

Too much potential for this to end now.
    Silly decision.

What happened with Sharon and Rory, did she return?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

No sign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

Was that ending two fingers up to VM for messing them around? Shame to see a show I really liked to begin with go out so ridiculously.

I think the change to hour long episodes was the real death knell for this show, the tone changed and I don't think it worked at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭political analyst

I'm still confused. Did they all die in the end? (Those in the station). Did Podge die? TBH, I was busy chatting online so might have missed some important things.

Angela and the Superintendent seemed dead. Podge had a piece of metal sticking into his stomach. The young garda known as 'Westlife' was not physically injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Angela and the Superintendent seemed dead. Podge had a piece of metal sticking into his stomach. The young garda known as 'Westlife' was not physically injured.

TBH it felt like a cliff hanger episode, will Podge survive ..... Find out next week in an all new Red Rock .... Same Red rock channel .... same red rock time .... same red rock day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭political analyst

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What happened with Sharon and Rory, did she return?

Rory was brought to justice for the murder of the young criminal who he betrayed and the manslaughter of the major criminal on whose behest he was acting. That major criminal had kidnapped Sharon (I think) and Rory rescued her.

Red Rock from the beginning starts on May 5th.

McKay actor is in Grey's Anatomy as a doctor

Adam Weafer (David Hennessy) is now in Fair City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Sorry for resurrecting a zombie thread, but Ive been binging Red Rock for the past few days. They don't make them like this any more.

Advertisement