Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best place to rehome Kittens

Options
  • 13-06-2019 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

So we have a stray Cat who made herself at home recently and then soon after got knocked up, the results are below.

Looking for advice on the best place to rehome them if I cant offload to people I know.

[IMG][/img]62543820_430730317478231_6484656934782763008_n.jpg

[IMG][/img]64204321_430730224144907_2735362055463763968_n.jpg

They are well socialized now and mammy is very tame, she was probably dumped.

They are about a month old now and starting to feed on their own so very nearly ready to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They need to stay with their mother until at least 8 weeks, preferably 12 weeks for stable health etc. They are still feeding from her also and need that.

ardinn wrote: »
    So we have a stray Cat who made herself at home recently and then soon after got knocked up, the results are below.

Looking for advice on the best place to rehome them if I cant offload to people I know.

[IMG][/img]62543820_430730317478231_6484656934782763008_n.jpg

[IMG][/img]64204321_430730224144907_2735362055463763968_n.jpg

They are about a month old now and starting to feed on their own so very nearly ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

is it that long? oh ok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

ardinn wrote: »

I'd reach out to your local rescues and see if they can help you; if nothing else they can give you some guidance on what to look for in the new homes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lovely kittens.where are you?

Pity I just got one this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Please ask a rescue to help you rehome these kittens and dont just pop their pics on Facebook and offer to good homes. Its come to light that often these poor kittens get used as live bait for dog fights by people whose Facebook profile would give no inkling they were such Aholes.
    Also a rescue may help with a TNR so this doesn't happen again and you end up in an eternal kitten cycle for poor mammy cat.
    Ferals can be very good and content mousers for you with just a bit of shelter and regular feeding but please look at neutering so she has a decent quality of life

• Advertisement

Found homes - All people I know. The kittens are nearly 7 weeks now that I look back over m phone so all good.

Gorgeous little guys - Id keep them all only my 3 dogs would be most upset!

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

well we tried .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

OP make sure you get the mother spayed asap!
    If shes a stray/feral, you might try the local TNR group, but if you are feeding her and she is staying around, you should get her neutered as soon as you possibly can

aonb wrote: »
    OP make sure you get the mother spayed asap!
    If shes a stray/feral, you might try the local TNR group, but if you are feeding her and she is staying around, you should get her neutered as soon as you possibly can

Ya have an appointment with the vets tuesday. Kittens nearly ready now so will do as soon as they say its ok.

Advertisement