Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

OK, please stop messing with the YLYL thread title. I'm so confused now I can't remember what it was originally called! :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Deleted post was funnier in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Suckit wrote: »
    Deleted post was funnier in my head.

Dont know why - but read that as "Deleted post was funnier than my head" :D

Better stay off the sauce I think ....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

or the

8kt83vw.png

josip wrote: »
    or the

8kt83vw.png

Sockosaurus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,404 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

gozunda wrote: »
    Sockosaurus?

Cock in a sock

Coc au Vin
    Chicken_Cruiser.jpg

astrofluff wrote: »
    OK, please stop messing with the YLYL thread title. I'm so confused now I can't remember what it was originally called! :D

Is now a meme :pac:

3duzkf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anybody understand the Brexit Ballot card meme?
    The "losers" aren't the ones holding up the exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Mellor wrote: »
    Anybody understand the Brexit Ballot card meme?
    The "losers" aren't the ones holding up the exit.

If you're looking for logic in a pro-brexit meme, you're looking in the wrong place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you're looking for logic in a pro-brexit meme, you're looking in the wrong place!

Well, it did occur to me that it made made by some brexiteer with no grasp on what’s going on.
    Was more the fact it was posted as a response here. On dear, it’s spreading ;)

gozunda wrote: »
    Is now a meme :pac:

Brilliant. I doff my cap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is the YLYL thread being messed with because it's near the 10k? Will there be a vote on the next one, or will the mods name it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is the YLYL thread being messed with because it's near the 10k? Will there be a vote on the next one, or will the mods name it?

Mod: It'll all depends on our mood at the time. Canvassing will not disqualify. Unless we change our minds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

New Home wrote: »
    Mod: It'll all depends on our mood at the time. Canvassing will not disqualify. Unless we change our minds.

What depends on your mood at the time? There were three parts to my post :D

Not much point in a vote if mods are gonna mess with it till it makes no sense :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I vote that Hannibal should name it.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    And then we'll have a meaningful vote on it at least three times and reject it each time, until the next election. :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I foresee a "Punic Wars" thread...

New Home wrote: »

the-beatings-will-wwzydk.jpg

;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

And then we'll have a meaningful vote on it at least three times and reject it each time, until the next election. :P

I vote for an extension to 15k posts to make sure we don't crash out of it without a name for the new one.

• Advertisement

aqGDLkYv8umQm0tH.jpg

Can't think of any obvious cat based jokes for this. Let me think, nope, none come to mind :D

Oh wait, I have one. Nice hairy legs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I like the pared back minimalism of YLYL X MMXX, but i could go for YouLaughYouLose 10; BOOMer Humor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

astrofluff wrote: »
    Can't think of any obvious cat based jokes for this. Let me think, nope, none come to mind :D

Oh wait, I have one. Nice hairy legs ;)

Tissues to the right, just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tissues to the right, just saying

Not so sure there look at the reflection on the screen it's a lady that took the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Not so sure there look at the reflection on the screen it's a lady that took the photo

Ladies still use tissues

• Registered Users Posts: 78,244 ✭✭✭✭Victor

inforfun wrote: »
    p9klcwW.gif

You would worry about who she'd score at the Halloween party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Victor wrote: »
    You would worry about who she'd score at the Halloween party.

They'd wear the face off each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What's the story with so many screenshots with huge black bars going into YLYL these days? Is it that hard to just download the image first?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id say its either laziness or people cant download them properly. Wouldn't mind but its as easy to post a link as it is a screenshot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

your-cropping-meme.jpg

if-you-could-cropping-meme.jpg

my-farmer-crops-cropping-meme.jpeg

Badly cropped pictures. Annoys the hell out of me.

Advertisement