Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Shenshen wrote: »
    Sounds to me like they never wanted or asked for those houses in the first place.
    Surely if they had asked, they would have been clear about what their requirements are?

If they can’t obtain a job and pay their own way and are relying on the government to house them then their “requirements” shouldn’t come into it and they should be damn glad of a roof over their head.
    The only need for special requirements should be on medical grounds if a person had special needs.
    Other than that the housing should be basic and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭enricoh

When the N52 bypass was due to open caravans were put onto the verges around Nenagh and delayed the opening. This went on several weeks until the legal eagles got them moved. This was before legislation was changed. Back then you needed 10k for a high court injunction as it was a civil matter not a criminal one. Parking in hotel car parks and demanding money to leave was the same tactic. They did it to the Abbey Court in Nenagh who responded by laying stone barriers around them to block them in haha

^^^
    They bought a house in an estate beside me in the celtic tiger. A well spoken couple bought next door to the show house. When they moved in they had a caravan in the driveway and a donkey in the front garden. Couple of hiaces out on the street!
    After a month of not selling any houses the developer paid them 40k I heard to bail out. Not bad for a months work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

All this while people wait on hospital trollys and women die of cervical cancer.they should be told shove their horses up their holes. At the end of the day the government is one big pot of money.you give to one area,you need to take from another.there's 1000's of other cause more worthy of funds than these clowns and their past times.time for the goverment to get priorities straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Shenshen wrote: »
    Sounds to me like they never wanted or asked for those houses in the first place.
    Surely if they had asked, they would have been clear about what their requirements are?

I'm quite local to this and know some of the individuals. Negotiations begun maybe 8 years ago and the horses and land where always part of the deal, much more so than the size of the houses or other facilities. The council.always knew this, I can't understand why they didn't follow through, I thought that had been agreed at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Stable them at the glue factory

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    €1,718,670, plus VAT.

Looks like de guberment are robbing them again.

Maybe some Penny’s vouchers will sort them out.

Get on to Claire Byrne. I’m sure the mouthpiece of the homeless would love one of the 5 bedroom houses. Anything to get her away from Niall Boylan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

tringle wrote: »
    I'm quite local to this and know some of the individuals. Negotiations...

Can you find out what number I call to start negotiations on my house? I have a lot of quite onerous requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Pavee point heh heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'm from a farming background and would like a cow in my garden in town because it's my culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'm from a farming background and would like a cow in my garden in town because it's my culture.

Why don't you demand and entire farm? It should be on your list of requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Bob Harris wrote: »
    1.7M + VAT - 2 million for 5 houses, 400k a house. Not too shabby.

SDCC recently built 18 houses across from mine in West Dublin for €4m. These houses must be palaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Not only do they want stables with their free gaffs but "at least half an acre of land at the back". How did it get to the stage where this sh1t is listened to? They should be told to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Sacks of human garbage, how delightful. Funny how discrimination is allowed on this site, as long as it's directed at travellers.

The real discrimination is that these people are given these advantages over people who actually contribute to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I'm quite local to this and know some of the individuals. Negotiations begun maybe 8 years ago and the horses and land where always part of the deal, much more so than the size of the houses or other facilities. The council.always knew this, I can't understand why they didn't follow through, I thought that had been agreed at the beginning.

Maybe it's because money doesn't grow on fûcking trees and councils are using people's taxes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Absolutely ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not only do they want stables with their free gaffs but "at least half an acre of land at the back". How did it get to the stage where this sh1t is listened to? They should be told to fcuk off.

Exactly. There are plenty people who will take the house and will be well able to deal with the ***** if they try anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I really hope Claire Byrne is made aware of this and it’s brought up tonight on her show. It’s about time the country is made aware that these folk are just yobs !! Thieving yobs at that

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Bob Harris wrote: »
    1.7M + VAT - 2 million for 5 houses, 400k a house. Not too shabby.

SDCC recently built 18 houses across from mine in West Dublin for €4m. These houses must be palaces.
    I think questions need to be asked regarding the cost of building public housing. Assuming these houses are in around 1000 sq. ft.that's 350 euro per sq.ft plus VAT. Who do restrictions on planning and over the top regulations suit? We can all jump up and down about entitlement culture and all that (and rightfully so) but we also need to look at the cost of providing social housing being multiples of what it should be and who is responsible for signing of on these costs. It's taxpayers who are paying after all. Excluding site cost, we should be able to provide a decent standard of house for about 80 euro per sq.ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

"Travellers" as they like to be called, being unreasonable and awkward.
    Who would have expected that??

Wow! I'm amazed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

jacksie66 wrote: »
    So you can call regular non traveller people what you like on this site but when you utter a bad word against travellers it's discrimination. It's people like you who are letting the travellers get away with whatever they like incase you offend or upset the poor oppressed souls that they are..

Yep. Welcome to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

We need a more economically right of centre party to vote for.

We are not going to get that though because you had the loudmouths on the hard left, PBP/SF/AAA and their media allies telling us that the economic right is bad.
    sexmag wrote: »
    If these people wanted a house so bad then sacrifices have to be made.

You don't need to make sacrifices. Working people are the only people who need to make sacrifices to be able to afford a home. These people just whinge and moan until they get what they want, courtesy of working folk. It's called equality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Why am I working???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Because if you want to have a hobby you may fund it the f**k yourself instead of expecting my taxes to pay for it.

Why am I working???

Cos tis yar culture, boss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Why are they even building new houses for them? It must be against their 'culture'
    It's just sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Icsics wrote: »
    Why are they even building new houses for them? It must be against their 'culture'
    It's just sickening

Maybe because they have children who need decent accommodation. Your "them" includes women and children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Graces7 wrote: »
    Maybe because they have children who need decent accommodation. Your "them" includes women and children.

We'll looks like they're more interested in accommodation for their horses

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Look at the state of their current halting sites. Everything is thrashed and full of rubbish. And still they are asking for more and play the racism card each time if their wishes are not met.

Crazy carry on :(

Get educated, go to work and pay your taxes like everybody else. Then you can buy hundred acres of land for your horses.

If it was up to me these houses would go to low income struggling families who have to live in emergency accommodation, hotels etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,667 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Icsics wrote: »
    It's just sickening

Likely because the council want them off the land they're on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement