Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chit chat number nein

• 27-06-2018 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭

Jeez it was roasting today lads, wrapped 400 bales with a 110-90 and a 4 lever wrapper. Absolutely melting inside in it. Torture.
    Is there room for an ice box in the tractor? Plenty of chilled water is the only job.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Is there room for an ice box in the tractor? Plenty of chilled water is the only job.

No room for an Ice box in a Fiat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Nekarsulm wrote: »

The 80 series had them, not sure bout 90series- little arms that folded out to hold the doors open 3-4". Also sunroof that opens at the front

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Only diesel tank!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

It’s 24*C at the moment.
    Weedkiller won’t work due to the heat, so for the last three days I’ve been weeding swedes. I’ve one bed left.
    The heat is taking it’s toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

Muckit wrote: »
    The 80 series had them, not sure bout 90series- little arms that folded out to hold the doors open 3-4". Also sunroof that opens at the front

All tractors should have sunroof and side windows. The air con won't be working in any tractor come 30 years time and it will be too dear to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Moving on to number nine

Last page of number a hocht anseo

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057765784&page=667

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Had to get out of the tractor. ISIS would tell ya all there secrets with less torture. Can ya retro fit air conditioning in an old tractor. Like driving around in a glass house with hair dryers blowing at ya. Sunroof welded shut from previous owner. I can mow an other day.

Was thinking of doing a bit of licking tomorrow instead. Its not bad being on the quad. Would it be to hot for licking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Had to get out of the tractor. ISIS would tell ya all there secrets with less torture. Can ya retro fit air conditioning in an old tractor. Like driving around in a glass house with hair dryers blowing at ya. Sunroof welded shut from previous owner. I can mow an other day.

Was thinking of doing a bit of licking tomorrow instead. Its not bad being on the quad. Would it be to hot for licking?

Be a waste of time and spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

We'll be looking at this post in winter now, thinking...'that fcuker and his ice box, would love the sun back again now!' :D

Too hot for licking, rush won't absorb the stuff fast enough, it'll just dry on the stem. Unless you can lick at 10pm or 5am or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Kildare/Mayo moved to Newbridge Mayo people can look at a bit of silverware there if the arrive before 6 pm. The Newbridge Silverware will still be open it the only silver they will see this year. Kerry for Sam.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Even with air con it still is way to hot. Pain in the hole raking as your just a ball of dust going around the field and you know at some stage a door has to be opened. Has to clean out the radiator guard 3 times yesterday with the dust

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

I guess I'll just have to sit in the shade so! I was built for comfort not for heat. :) What would temps have to go down to before you'd chance licking?

Perfect weather for licking........ icecream!! :D

I guess I'll just have to sit in the shade so! I was built for comfort not for heat. :) What would temps have to go down to before you'd chance licking?

Wouldn't know a temp but when you're comfortable standing in the field yourself and know you won't get sunburn. So 15/16/17?! :pac:
    More to do with letting the liquid be absorbed and not dried onto the stems so wind etc would change the temp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Muckit wrote: »
    Perfect weather for licking........ icecream!! :D

Sitting drinking bulmers on Inis Oirr for herself's birthday. Only job for the day that's in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,052 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sitting drinking bulmers on Inis Oirr for herself's birthday. Only job for the day that's in it!!

Cheers. In France having a beer. Great not to be working in the warm weather. 24 degrees with a nice breeze here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Cheering myself up here listening to "The country hour" from western Australia on abc radio.
    Hearing about the rain reports from noddy hill and consumers buying fruit from the pigface plant from a farmer in badger but.

Found a rather outgoing grasshopper who didn't jump away immediately. Beautiful little things.DgsgKLyW0AAQe2D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Found a rather outgoing grasshopper who didn't jump away immediately. Beautiful little things.

It's started then!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Had to get out of the tractor. ISIS would tell ya all there secrets with less torture. Can ya retro fit air conditioning in an old tractor. ?

yes it can be retro fitted. sure 15/20 years ago bord na mona retro fitted air con units to a lot of the fleet .

the units were ugly but im sure they were a god send. I presume the units are tidier now also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Kildare/Mayo moved to Newbridge Mayo people can look at a bit of silverware there if the arrive before 6 pm. The Newbridge Silverware will still be open it the only silver they will see this year. Kerry for Sam.
    Im expecting a big game from Kildare. Got a link from the gaa to buy tickets cos i had bought the original ones. Up the lilies :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Im expecting a big game from Kildare. Got a link from the gaa to buy tickets cos i had bought the original ones. Up the lilies :)

I'm expecting them to do what they normally do....... Calve :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

‘Are ya working?’

‘Ya I’m flat out!’

36308845_1872910762767251_8081858493667082240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1b5419de1dc1a8821ddc5260a826fb79&oe=5BB800A1

blue5000 wrote: »
    Moving on to number nine

Last page of number a hocht anseo

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057765784&page=667

Listening to the Germans here beside us watching football. Nein, nein

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭tanko

If Germany dont score in the next 8 mins theyre out.

tanko wrote: »
    If Germany dont score in the next 8 mins theyre out.

They have to score two

Oh right, cant see that happening now, some shock.

They are getting very vocal here now..... Korea in fairness are playing very well

Are they ok now????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

tanko wrote: »
    Are they ok now????

It never turns out well when Germany go to Russia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement