Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourselves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

Thank you! Only discovered this forum last night when I was doing a search for the other new irish horse forum!! Now joined 2 at the same time. Brilliant to have a few Irish ones now as I always find the other ones have very little irish related stuff.:)

Borderfox - your photography is fantastic. The Cian O'Connor one is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

hello to everyone i have just joined up & i gotta say this has been great lookin up all the diff topic's on everything horsey. its been a long time since i sat on a horse not since my early teens but i so wana get back in the saddle a couple of times awk. jumpin was always a weak point with me but i guess it be best to start from the beginning. so can anyone tell me the best RS with the best instructors in the waterford area. owening my very own horse has always been my dream & i wana make it happen asap. seeing your pic's & your love of ur "babies" lol has made me want it even more. thanks peeps sry for the rambling

Hi lester76 I am new as well!
    for riding schools why not have a look on the Irish equestrian directory
    www.theequestriandirectory.com there are loads listed there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I'm jenny 17 years old, and soon getting a horse on May! (Finally have the money!) I've been riding for 8 Years and want to start competing in Show Jumping (I can jump 1 metre 20!)
    :D

Hello. Welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭McSween

never introduced myself. im shane, 30, from limerick, hoping to resume lessons on saturday week, i am a novice.

Waves hello!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JoKing1

Hello everyone.... Just discovered this forum, Im Johanna, 26 from Kildare.. Just getting back to horses after years and just found out last Sat that Im not a good as Jessica Kurten (cause in my head i was!) so im a novice

:D hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MuckyDucky

hello :) yup glad to find an irish equestrian forum too!! im seventeen and living in dublin at the moment , just got back to horse riding after a 2 and a half year gap and its great! i missed it so much!! im starting a bhs exam stage 1 up in callighstown at the end of march will be living up there then i cant wait!! i was wondering had any of you's have done the same course before and know what its like? i used to help out at a yard when i was younger all the time so i know what work to expect! everyones horses are beautiful ive never had the privilege to own my own horse due to money ha , its someting ive always dreamed of ,but at least i got to ride some of the amazing ponys and horses where i used to help out :)

bubye :)

• Advertisement

Hi there. I did my stage 1 at Callighstown too. Best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Best of luck with the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Hi im Ash im 16.Only been riding 2 and a half years..doing weeks lessons and a few hose back safaris in africa.very weak rider but still enjoy it.love jumping even though i can only jump small enough ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tictacgreen

Hi,

Im living in Dublin for the past 6 years but origionally from Galway :) I have never competed just a happy hacker really!
    We have a 12 year old mare called Holly, she is a brood mare but was getting very fat so we are giving her a break, we got her broken in September and she is brilliant. Really willing to work.
    She is headstrong though so is not a beginners ride but there is no badness in her, she just needs a little encouragement sometimes! I love her to bits though, brought her on a charity hack at Christmas and she was brilliant, really brave (maybe a bit to brave) over fences, ditches, water, you name it, nothing phases her at all!

We also have 2 Connemara foals. Joey and Buster. Joey is the darker one and is mine, the other one is my dad's.

Would love to bring holly up to Dublin for the summer months. Was looking at livery out in Kinsealy Riding Center but the arena is kinda small .... does anyone keep there horse there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

Hi I just joined. Don't have any photos on this computer yet but hope to get some up soon. Cool pics Borderfox!!

hello and welcome

Nice shots tictacgreen and welcome. Thanks Karen and welcome to you too :)

Here's my little lady-12 year old sport horse mare who thinks she's the business. Not a great picture though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

Was that Ballindenisk Karen? Nice shot!

• Advertisement

Thanks Napoles! Yeah it was Ballindenisk-last year I think. That horse finally decided she liked cross country. Now she is a neurotic freak who charges around the place!!:D

xxkarenxx wrote: »
    Thanks Napoles! Yeah it was Ballindenisk-last year I think. That horse finally decided she liked cross country. Now she is a neurotic freak who charges around the place!!:D

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MsMaggie

Greetings from California. I visit Ireland as often as possible, because I love the people, horses, the land, and good craic. My heritage is the Cavanagh clan. I'm an Equine Ethologist specializing in Applied Ethology as it relates to the domesticated horse and the horse-human pair. I'm ALWAYS learning - can't get enough of that! Attached is a pic of Homer and me.

Welcome MsMaggie, Homer looks like a sweetie. I had never heard of Ethology, maybe I know it already but under a different name..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

me neither, whats an equine ethologist do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ethology is the study of animal behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MsMaggie

Absolutely right. Animal Ethology can generally refer to feral or wild animals. I specialize in what is referred to as Applied Equine Ethology, especially in the horse & human pair. That's essentially the application of what has been scientifically researched about horse behaviour, and using it to get the desired result for the human and the best possible deal for the domesticated horse. It's fascinating to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ell

hello, I just joined :) Here's a pic of Oz & Doug :)

P1010013.jpg

I'm from tipp, living in dublin, am bringin on Oz my young horse at the minute, and do a spot of natural horsemanship every now and again. Nice to meet you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oz is gorgeous. Welcome to boards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

I'm a Whyner and have been wrecking heads today asking questions about rising trot and diagonals....complete newbie........apparently I'll be back in a few weeks time saying how easy it all was :eek:

Right now my under carriage isn't looking forward to tonights lesson.

Advertisement