Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

• 05-05-2004 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Due to a overwhelming litter of Song ID threads cluttering the forum.. from August 13th 2006, the forum now has a new policy on this.

Everything related to a song ID HAS to be posted in this thread and this thread only.

Any "what's that song" type posts made outside of this thread will be deleted without hesitation.

And also would like to avoid any real discussion in the thread besides requests for a song ID, identification of a song and acknowledge / thanks for the ID. Not really a strict policy on this but if i see a discussion going on for 10 posts about how great a particular song is or something to that effect, i will delete it due to simply cluttering up the thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Right so to get us started, the music in the Bud Rising Advert on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Anyone know the song used in the UKTV Gold/G2 ads for Prison Break? It sounds a little like Thin Lizzy and some lyrics go like this "back up, you win, I lose, give up". And no, it's not "Jailbreak"

Thanks,
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

And no, it's not "Jailbreak"

Haha.

Yeah it's by Thin Lizzy the song's called ''Get Out Of Here''.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Jello wrote:
    Haha.

Yeah it's by Thin Lizzy the song's called ''Get Out Of Here''.
    Merci Beacoup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Whats the name of the classical theme on the ads for and during the x factor.

Heard its by oark(spelling?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Theres a song i really want but dont have a clue who sings it...
    Its a guy singing it but it could be a band and the only lyrics i know are" i wanna know what its like on the inside of love".?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Hello Kitty:

Nada Surf - Inside of Love
    http://www.nadasurf.com/songs/insideoflove.shtml

I've got a request. I just saw the video. It's 4 lads dressed in white. the lead singer has got a chess set printed on the back of his jacket. They're in a square metal type room. Throughout the song oil spills into the room and it slowly fills up till they're submerged, song over.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

this song and im not sure who its buy but it goes "i want you to want me I need you to need me" and its kinda fast music punky kinda but i think it might be a cover version of an older song its in john tucker must die.any ideas would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

this song and im not sure who its buy but it goes "i want you to want me I need you to need me" and its kinda fast music punky kinda but i think it might be a cover version of an older song its in john tucker must die.any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Aaah, "I Want you to Want Me", by Cheap Trick is the original. Im not sure about the cover in the film, but thats a start. Its in.. "10 Things I Hate About You" too I think, a cover.

This is the most stupid request, and i know im useless and vague.
    Its on an ad, for.. *something*.
    I don't know what.. and its really annoying me.
    the line thats sticking out to me is "we are all beautiful", its fairly slow-ish, and sounds sorta like Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars".
    I've done a lyric search, but to no avail.. cos well, i dunno.

Hehe, i dont expect much help with this one in fairness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Rockerette wrote:
    Aaah, "I Want you to Want Me", by Cheap Trick is the original. Im not sure about the cover in the film, but thats a start. Its in.. "10 Things I Hate About You" too I think, a cover.
    Cover is by Letters To Cleo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i think the one in john tucker must die is the real version im listening to it now and i thnik its cheap trick.thanks for the help people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Can anyone ID this song for me, it was used in some of the older Creme Egg ads, with the boy kicking a giant creme egg like a football. A longer version was used on some programme that I taped once, here it is:
    Unknown Song

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Hey,
    Does anybody know what the song is with a woman singing "i miss you so..." in the chorus and some guy rapping for the verses?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Nevermind I found it.... it was Where'd You Go by Fort Minor

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chigli

Does anyone know the name of a song released about 2003/2004 - it was a dance track with a bollywood song. Really good dance beat. Name of song & artist would be great if anyone knows ...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

chigli, was it this one by any chance: Panjabi MC - Mundian Te Bach Ke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Who's the artist and the song that he sings in the bulmers / magners adverts, its driving me mad! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Who's the artist and the song that he sings in the bulmers / magners adverts, its driving me mad! :eek:
    It's Donovan and the song is Sunshine Superman (if it's the same ad I'm thinking of!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

It's Donovan and the song is Sunshine Superman (if it's the same ad I'm thinking of!)

Merci beaucoup

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm looking for a song that begins with a light piano intro before going into a loud chorus. It's often used in football clips and it was used in the final episode of Sky One's Football Icon and I've heard it used in other montages. I've heard it on UK Gold recently too.

The tune sounds very similar to the tune of Blur's Universal. Anyone have any ideas oo this song?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw the band play it at Reading this year (TV highlights), think they were on the NME stage. The song has a really catchy chorus that'd be great for a drunken night out, plenty of: "doo doo duh doo duh duh, doo doo duh doo duh duh". And the video has all these girls dancing in all fancy cabaret gear.

Any clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

Hi!
    Does anybody know the name of the song in the new Budweiser ad with the "Answer the call" slogan at the end?
    The guy is dragging a tree and lots of other things behind him + going to a barbeque - can't find it anywhere on google. It has whistling at the beginning.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

qz wrote:
    Saw the band play it at Reading this year (TV highlights), think they were on the NME stage. The song has a really catchy chorus that'd be great for a drunken night out, plenty of: "doo doo duh doo duh duh, doo doo duh doo duh duh". And the video has all these girls dancing in all fancy cabaret gear.

Any clue?

The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger

If anyone was wondering. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Hi!
    Does anybody know the name of the song in the new Budweiser ad with the "Answer the call" slogan at the end?
    The guy is dragging a tree and lots of other things behind him + going to a barbeque - can't find it anywhere on google. It has whistling at the beginning.
    Thanks!
    it is, i believe, Young Folks - Peter Bjorn & John/Victoria Bergsman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Roisin89

Rockerette wrote:
    This is the most stupid request, and i know im useless and vague.
    Its on an ad, for.. *something*.
    I don't know what.. and its really annoying me.
    the line thats sticking out to me is "we are all beautiful", its fairly slow-ish, and sounds sorta like Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars".
    I've done a lyric search, but to no avail.. cos well, i dunno.

Hehe, i dont expect much help with this one in fairness!

I know the song you're talking about. I really want to know that one too. I think it's a vodafone ad or something. I can only remember a taxi and a beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is it "Beautiful" by Moby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Well this song has been in my head for the past few days and it's driving me insane! I checked 'Beautiful by Moby' above but I'm almost sure its not the song I'm talking about I know this much of it,

'And you are all beautiful,
    And you are all magical.
    Deserve to be a star,
    Deserve to be a star.'

If anyone knows it I would be very grateful if you could tell me the name of the band and song, thanks,
    Matty.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

i know its been posted already but just incase anyone didn't read the whole thread...anyone know the song from the budrising add around the time daft punk were playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Doomspell wrote:
    Well this song has been in my head for the past few days and it's driving me insane! I checked 'Beautiful by Moby' above but I'm almost sure its not the song I'm talking about I know this much of it,

'And you are all beautiful,
    And you are all magical.
    Deserve to be a star,
    Deserve to be a star.'

If anyone knows it I would be very grateful if you could tell me the name of the band and song, thanks,
    Matty.

Googling "fujifilm ad ireland, beautiful" throws up some band called The Parlotones....the track is surprisingly enough entitled Beautiful.
    I hate that ad, but the track isn't bad...

In fact here it is in legal mp3 format:
    http://www.powerzone.co.za/sound/top40/1TheParlotones-Beautiful.mp3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

What's the song on the new nike ad?

It's just piano but it sounds prety nice.

Advertisement