Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

finished the DLC and quite liked it , then spent a few hours yesterday trying to activate the op levels, forgetting as I have all the dlc I'm not max rank yet

I'd forgotten how frustrating this can be when you die and the enemy you're trying to hit apparently stops taking damage. I was on the digitop mountain and picked a carrot instead of an onion out of the ground which killed me and sent me back to the start that was also hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think I came across a Game of Thrones easter egg in the new DLC. I'm pretty sure it is but not sure as I never watched GOT.
    A sword sticking out of the ground and it was freezing cold. And a skag came out and was supposed to be a dire wolf. And I think it was named after one of the dire wolves.

I think I came across a Game of Thrones easter egg in the new DLC. I'm pretty sure it is but not sure as I never watched GOT.
    A sword sticking out of the ground and it was freezing cold. And a skag came out and was supposed to be a dire wolf. And I think it was named after one of the dire wolves.

Yeah it was a nod to GoT you get a relic called
    Winter is over
    for killing the skag called
    Ghost

Enfilade wrote: »
    Yeah it was a nod to GoT you get a relic called
    Winter is over
    for killing the skag called
    Ghost

There is a lot of content in the DLC. Side missions and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »
    I'm splitting my time between Crash Team Racing and playing bits of Borderlands 2 again. Spent a while last night farming The Warrior for a Conference Call, as it seems to be the best way to solo the new raid boss in the DLC.

Firstly, since when does killing The Warrior not grant a Second Wind. At least twice I was in FFYL when I hit a killing shot on TW and still died anyway. Didn't make too much of an issue as could still go collect the loot, just annoying. And secondly, the drop rate for any legendary from him seems to be shocking. I only got two legendaries out of maybe 20 kills.

Have switched to the Bar Brawl in Torgues DLC to try farm a new DPUH from a Torgue machine, as my current two are a bit under levelled at this stage.

Lots more farming of The Warrior yesterday still resulted in no Conference Call, and to make things worse I went from about Lvl64 to Lvl69 over the weekend farming him which meant my Bee Shield and DPUHs were now underlevelled. Farmed Savage Lee to get new DPUHs (which didn't take long in fairness), and got The Bee first time from Hunter Hellquist (though it's a level or two under and no elemental resistance so might farm some of the treeants in Tiny Tina's DLC for a better one).

A few more goes of The Warrior resulted in nothing good, so said I'd try Handsome Sorceror. F*cker dropper a conference call for me first time.

So, all I have to do now is farm some sandworms in the new DLC for a toothpick gun and retainer shield (apparently important for beating the new raid boss), then I'm ready to try take him on solo. Doesn't look too hard if you can do it right and if you can get a clear shot at his crit point he goes down very quickly, but I imagine it'll still take a good few tries and a lot of luck.

Forgot how enjoyable/relaxing it can be just farming enemies in BL2. Once you have the method down it's a very easy way to pass the time, and ultimately I just love the core mechanics of the game. Really hope BL3 can even come close to matching what I love about BL2.

• Advertisement

I tried killing Haderex or whatever that new boss is. It took me about 15 minutes to realise he was self healing. This is the problem going in blind. I already have the shield and will need to pick up the tooth pick before I try again.

I have a sand hawk but can't remember if I can still farm this and not sure it's a fire one but it's not essential. I never really farmed this hard except for legendary mods which I have a load of and a couple of bee shields. I need to get to 80 and then farm some op stuff. I have a shedload of legendary weapons but can't remember where I got them or if they're any good.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I tried killing Haderex or whatever that new boss is. It took me about 15 minutes to realise he was self healing. This is the problem going in blind. I already have the shield and will need to pick up the tooth pick before I try again.

I have a sand hawk but can't remember if I can still farm this and not sure it's a fire one but it's not essential. I never really farmed this hard except for legendary mods which I have a load of and a couple of bee shields. I need to get to 80 and then farm some op stuff. I have a shedload of legendary weapons but can't remember where I got them or if they're any good.

From what I've read you can stop Haderax healing by inflicting elemental/slag damage on him. Even if it barely hurts him it stops the healing.

The sand hawk from what I remember can be found in a puddle in (I think) Frostburn Canyon (where you're first tracking Lilith in the main story), so it's easy enough to get a new one I think. (Edit: Apparently not actually, not if you've already picked it up. Can be gotten again from a quest in Capt Scarlett DLC if you haven't already gotten it from there.)

Legendaries are great, but once you level up a few times even with their special effects they start becoming underlevelled, and it can be a pain trying to get newer ones (especially if your build is kinda centered on them). My relic and some skills give greater pistol damage and I used 2x DPUHs to do serious damage (even without a Bee Shield), but by the tie I got to Lvl 65 it was taking longer to beat The Warrior and I was running out of ammo. I'm now Lvl70 and even though I had a full stack of Lvl61 legendaries in my inventory (which was the max level at the time I farmed them all), most of them are worthless now having done the new DLC, a few side missions and now farming. I did pick up a few new legendaries while farming but not ones that were really helpful. Some higher-level purples I have now are much better than my Lvl61 legendaries.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You have all your weapons from me :P I have all OP8 guns on 1 char :P

Lots more farming of The Warrior yesterday still resulted in no Conference Call, and to make things worse I went from about Lvl64 to Lvl69 over the weekend farming him which meant my Bee Shield and DPUHs were now underlevelled. Farmed Savage Lee to get new DPUHs (which didn't take long in fairness), and got The Bee first time from Hunter Hellquist (though it's a level or two under and no elemental resistance so might farm some of the treeants in Tiny Tina's DLC for a better one).

A few more goes of The Warrior resulted in nothing good, so said I'd try Handsome Sorceror. F*cker dropper a conference call for me first time.

So, all I have to do now is farm some sandworms in the new DLC for a toothpick gun and retainer shield (apparently important for beating the new raid boss), then I'm ready to try take him on solo. Doesn't look too hard if you can do it right and if you can get a clear shot at his crit point he goes down very quickly, but I imagine it'll still take a good few tries and a lot of luck.

Forgot how enjoyable/relaxing it can be just farming enemies in BL2. Once you have the method down it's a very easy way to pass the time, and ultimately I just love the core mechanics of the game. Really hope BL3 can even come close to matching what I love about BL2.

If you are playing Sal I'd be looking at an Interfacer shotgun and most definitely a Butcher. Goes crazy when money shot procs especially if you have have a class mod to boost that to 10 or 11. Interfacer can be bought from the vendor in the Hammerlock DLC for seraph crystals.

The stuff from the DLC isn't great, mouthwash increases the damage of the Toothpick which is poo at range and the shield makes you move faster and jump higher in the boss fight. You'd be better off with the sheriffs badge if using a DPUH.

Enfilade wrote: »
    If you are playing Sal I'd be looking at an Interfacer shotgun and most definitely a Butcher. Goes crazy when money shot procs especially if you have have a class mod to boost that to 10 or 11. Interfacer can be bought from the vendor in the Hammerlock DLC for seraph crystals.

The stuff from the DLC isn't great, mouthwash increases the damage of the Toothpick which is poo at range and the shield makes you move faster and jump higher in the boss fight. You'd be better off with the sheriffs badge if using a DPUH.

Yeah I use the Sheriffs Badge and have Money Shot up at 11, but from the videos I watched the toothpick and retainer shield help you get up to the central platforms for a better shot.

Had a Butcher but it was Lvl58 so I sold it a while back. Just had to google as I couldn't even remember where you get the cyan weapons and see they're from loot midgets. Remember farming them in the wildlife preservation area before alright. Might try an interfacer alright, definitely have about 250 seraph crystals. If conference call isn't doing the job I'll take a look. Want to at least try Haderax a few times first, try get used to his patterns. (Edit: Just googled and Seraph Vendor doesn't sell Interface in UVHM, can only get from drops).

• Advertisement

Tried Haderax a few times without the toothpick or retainer. Can stun him to reveal the crit point in his mouth, but can't get over to him quick enough to end him, then die quite quickly having abandoned my safe spot. Definitely going to have to farm the toothpick and retainer I think. Might also try farm a better bee shield too as I'm not confident the one I have will do the job.

I had the toothpick gun and it was brilliant until I leveled up more and enemies must have also as it started to turn into not as such a good killing weapon.

Had a level 72 Siren near the start of a TVHM run (don't know how) and ran through it one shotting just about everything with a pistol to get to UVHM. First enemy encounter in UVHM mode and died. The jump in difficulty is insane. It's kind of weird they have TVHM at all tbh. Really enjoying the siren as an alternative to the gunzerker. Always liked Maya. Could never really get into the others, even Zero.

Spent hours trying to get a sham shield with my OP2 character. Finally got one and it has 91% absorb chance. It was the highlight of my Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Had a level 72 Siren near the start of a TVHM run (don't know how) and ran through it one shotting just about everything with a pistol to get to UVHM. First enemy encounter in UVHM mode and died. The jump in difficulty is insane. It's kind of weird they have TVHM at all tbh. Really enjoying the siren as an alternative to the gunzerker. Always liked Maya. Could never really get into the others, even Zero.

Spent hours trying to get a sham shield with my OP2 character. Finally got one and it has 91% absorb chance. It was the highlight of my Sunday.

The jump is massive! Same enemies in UVHM at your level will drop like flies, but they get out of hand in TVHM. It also doesnt help when someone jumps in to your game, spawns enemies that are of course tougher than they should be, and usually a few levels higher to match their level, and then they leave..

Doing the captain scarlett missions, have to kill her 2 liutenants or whoever they are at the lighthouse, I'm a level 65 Axton. Had a level 68 Siren join and as soon as they spawned and downed her, she quit, and i'm stuck with 2 level 68 enemies with regenerating shields....
    I've lost so much money..

Enemies in TVHM are capped at Lvl50-52 I think. Once you hit UVHM they automatically scale to your level.

Normal Mode should get you from Level 1-35 (approx). TVHM from 35-50, and UVHM is everything after that. One handy exploit of this I've found is when you want to farm some bosses (say The Warrior or Bunker), you can switch to Normal mode, run through the areas leading to it (eg. Hero's Pass for The Warrior or Thousand Cuts for Bunker), then quit, save and reload in UVHM, putting you in the same place you had quit. The enemies can't even do enough damage to you in Normal Mode to deplete your shields never mind put you in FFYL. Though loot is capped in Normal and TVHM so no point farming there.

I got to Lvl 73 last night farming the Mercenary Day train. Didn't realise they raised the level cap again, thought it maxed at Lvl72. Decided to try a glitch/exploit I've read about for Sal where you use a Pimpernel sniper rifle and an empty rocket launcher (by using Money Shot) to do huge damage against raid bosses. Tried it quickly on Hyperius and Pyro Pete but didn't go well on either. Did a good bit of damage, but not as much as I've seen others do so need to change up my rocket launcher, relic and shield I think.

Was using a level 74 DPUH with the gunzerker and farmed an OP2 one over the weekend that does three times the damage. The 74 one was good enough (I'd also got a pretty good Chaotic Monk mod) and I'd used it to kill Pyro Pete but my damage went to stupid levels with the new one.

Really hope 3 kills it. Watched a video about why the pre-sequel wasn't as good as 2 and the youtuber put it largely down to marketing. I don't know if this is it but 2 is certainly streets ahead of anything else they did, imo.

Really hope 3 kills it. Watched a video about why the pre-sequel wasn't as good as 2 and the youtuber put it largely down to marketing. I don't know if this is it but 2 is certainly streets ahead of anything else they did, imo.

I wouldn't have put it down to marketing. For anyone who liked Borderlands 2 all they needed to know was "more Borderlands" and they'd have bought it.

For me the main issues with TPS was just everything felt so bland. Enemy design, level design, mission design, characters, story... plus traversal around the bigger maps was awful due to poor map design. The laser weapons were largely useless, cryo was better than slag against enemies but worse when you were hit with it, and the humour and character likability just wasn't there.

It was fairly enjoyable to play, and it did introduce some nice features like the buttslam. But it never kept me coming back like BL2 did.

Checked out some videos on how to beat Master Gee with the gate exploit (instantly kills him), so going to try that a few times tonight to get an Ahab launcher.

I know it's almost cheating using things like this gate cheat, and the pimpernel/ahab for other raid bosses, but dammit I've put about 1000 hours in BL2 so I've earned the right to cheat! Besides I've already cheated so, so much in the game before anyway, from the Infinity pistol cheat, the Leviathan loot room cheat, cheesing Pyro Pete from the rim of the arena...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ah, Steve... Best Borderlands character not named Mister Torgue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ah, Steve... Best Borderlands character not named Mister TorgueTiny Tina.
    Fixed your typing mistake there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

It is worth re-playing the pre sequel just for Tiny Tinas commentary.

Yester wrote: »
    It is worth re-playing the pre sequel just for Tiny Tinas commentary.

Forgot about that. That was actually a really great touch :D

I nearly wouldn't mind giving TPS another go. I checked a few days ago and had an Athena on about Lvl34 and a Jack at maybe Lvl31. Athena was on TVHM. I did play a bit of it with Athena but the next main story mission is Lvl37 and it really felt like a chore to do some side missions to try level up that much so I went back to BL2.

Checked out some videos on how to beat Master Gee with the gate exploit (instantly kills him), so going to try that a few times tonight to get an Ahab launcher.

I know it's almost cheating using things like this gate cheat, and the pimpernel/ahab for other raid bosses, but dammit I've put about 1000 hours in BL2 so I've earned the right to cheat! Besides I've already cheated so, so much in the game before anyway, from the Infinity pistol cheat, the Leviathan loot room cheat, cheesing Pyro Pete from the rim of the arena...

God damn it...

Went to do Master Gee exploit. Can't fight MG because I never beat Hyperius on UVHM yet. Tried Hyperius a few times using a few different strategies, didn't go well. Especially since I've now outlevelled my DPUHs and Bee Shield,meaning I'd have to farm them again.

Think at this stage I might bow out again. Still never played Days Gone, Detroit is now on PS+, and it'll not be long before BL3 so don't want to be burned out on the gameplay before BL3 comes out.

So turns out I'm a dirty f*cking liar. Kept going with BL2. Managed to farm the right class mod and a close enough rocket launcher to be able to use the pimpernel exploit effectively. Took down Terramorphus, Hyperius, Haderax and the Ancient Dragons last night. Couldn't get Master Gee as my singularity grenade didn't have enough of a blast radius to pull him in enough (and the pimpernel exploit still doesn't scratch him). Also never actually did the Hammerlock DLC with this character so can't get the raid boss from it.

Still though. An itch has finally been scratched. Might try crawmerax next as never played that DLC either.

Switched to The Pre-Sequel for a bit. Decided to do the Claptastic Voyage DLC on Normal (as my Athena was only Level 35). Played it before on another save but really enjoying it, almost up there with the Tiny Tina DLC from BL2. Stuck on final boss though, forgot what a piece of sh*t he is. Have now run out of money to buy ammo so going to have to switch to TVHM, earn money (and maybe some better weapons) then try go at him again.

F*ck I can't wait for BL3 now.

I think I got to the final boss when I gave up. I seem to remember thinking fup this shi*
    I'm heavily invested in BL2 at the moment. Have the Siren on OP3 and should get the Gunzerker there too easy enough. Digistruct Peak isn't too bad it's just the no respawn and surveyors that are the problem, so far.

I think I got to the final boss when I gave up. I seem to remember thinking fup this shi*
    I'm heavily invested in BL2 at the moment. Have the Siren on OP3 and should get the Gunzerker there too easy enough. Digistruct Peak isn't too bad it's just the no respawn and surveyors that are the problem, so far.

I tried Digistruct Peak with Sal using the Effervescent weapons you get from killing Haderax (the shock assault rifle, shield and relic). Have to admit, it was making it a walk in the park.

Until I killed a marauder very close to me, the blast from the rifle put me in FFYL (a very long FFYL due to the relic and shield bonuses), and there were no enemies to get a second wind. Crawled for absolutely ages due to the long FFYL, finally saw an enemy start to appear right when FFYL ended and threw me back to the start. Gave up after that.

I've gotten close to beating EOS, but I went a bit too gung-ho in trying to finish the fight quickly and hoping I finish it even if I went into FFYL, but he gets me every time. I have a decent enough system and weapons for the most part, it's just that last stage where he throws out the spinning lasers on the floor that just force me out of hiding spots and eat my health.

• Advertisement

EOS beat on first try tonight. Enjoyed the ending too. Hadn't seen it before as I never beat EOS when the DLC was originally released.

Think that's me done with the series until BL3 comes out. Even reset my UVHM on BL2 last week as I'd planned to do a quick run through of the story mode, but just lost interest in it.

Time to move on to something else. See ye in September!

Advertisement