Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Far Cry 5

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

far cry 3 goat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone still playing this? Missing 3 trophies for the platinum, 2 in multiplayer and 1 in campaign to do 3 missions with friend. Any takers!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished the first region on PC. Not sure if I can face into another region. Its a good game but is it not a bit same old same old. Probally stay going after a few days away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Glebee wrote: »
    Just finished the first region on PC. Not sure if I can face into another region. Its a good game but is it not a bit same old same old. Probally stay going after a few days away from it.
    Yeah, it is same old same old.
    I enjoyed finishing it tbf but it was repetitive.

Into the second area and I cant take it anymore, first time ever ive not completed a Far Cry game. Think im uninstalling unfortunatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tbh you all should play this in coop, its far better that way.

Can I ask what it does wrong in comparison to other Far Cry games?

Dont know really, its a good game, beautifull looking , but the repetativeness is killing me. Maybe ill just take a break from it for a while. Also the guns just dont have a kick to them i feel, just something does not feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Can I ask what it does wrong in comparison to other Far Cry games?

Not that you're asking me but for me... Some missions are forced to move the narrative on. For example, you'll magically get captured even though there's nobody near you, you're armed to the teeth, you've got higher ground and you've just mowed down a small army. Yes it needs to move the story on but it feels so forced and frustrating. Also the story plays out in a somewhat polarising manner.

After that, it's good but it's a bit bland and samey and in some areas, not very challenging. Rinse and repeat at its finest for long periods.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it a lot but its not up there with Far Cry 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Into the second area and I cant take it anymore, first time ever ive not completed a Far Cry game. Think im uninstalling unfortunatly.
    What made you not complete it? This is the first one I got into.

deceit wrote: »
    What made you not complete it? This is the first one I got into.

Think ill just take a break from it for a few days and just concintrate on story missions. Im usually a stickler for completing side missions and maybe thats the problem here... It does look stunning at times though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Not that you're asking me but for me... Some missions are forced to move the narrative on. For example, you'll magically get captured even though there's nobody near you, 4.

Aye that was the worst mechanic in the game imho, completely immersion breaking. One time I was finishing off a compound and got the audio cue the hunters were inbound. I hopped back in my armed chopper, took off and started shooting at the incoming trucks to no effect. I flew over a mountain with no roads and looked back to see on-foot figures moving at mach-1 through the trees, heard something hit the chopper and then.... yup...locked up in deliveranceville.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

You don't find Far Cry 3 and 4 repetitive? I personally did although I liked the campaign missions in Far Cry 3.

I thought 3 and 4 were boring and repetitive beyond belief, but that Far Cry 5 was much better for that. Still a degree of repetitiveness, but felt a lot less restricting and more fun to me than 3 and 4. Still a long way off something like Fallout though, the game world is fun but not at all a convincing living and breathing space.

OK, so I stuck with it and finished out the campaign and doen alot of theside missions and collectables. Brutal ending in fairness. Overall a decent game, will not be going back for any DLC, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

OK, so I stuck with it and finished out the campaign and doen alot of theside missions and collectables. Brutal ending in fairness. Overall a decent game, will not be going back for any DLC, etc.

The DLC is awful it was from a obscure vote UBI had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Free 60FPS update out now

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

Got this on the Steam sale - never played through the full game but looking forward to it, picked up Primal as well and its class so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭cml387

Not sure I agree with the lukewarm reviews here. That being said I played far cry 5 first and then went back and did 4 and found 4 a bit repetitive (ok a bit strange I suppose).

I just loved the fantastic scenery, the scope of the game and especially....the music.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I loved it but once was enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

100% worth a replay guys - try it on harder difficulty with no hud - I really wasnt a fan at all when it first came out but it plays a lot better now :) some gameplay on my YT channel I recorded recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRMhqWGXlg&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Joshimite - gonna try out Primal next as missed that the first time around

Advertisement