Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DHW and heating heat pump

Options
  • 21-06-2019 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Are there HPs that do both house heating (assume UFH) and DHW?

I'm used to gas and can get enough how water for a shower in 15 mins when I turn on the boiler. Can a HP achieve the same?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,987 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

moldy_sea wrote: »

I'm used to gas and can get enough how water for a shower in 15 mins when I turn on the boiler. Can a HP achieve the same?

They all do.

most will have some kind of immersion heater to boost to higher DHW temps.. while some others can do these temps with an immersion heater

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

moldy_sea wrote: »

They wont heat in 15 minutes
    As noted above, most heatpumps claim to be able to get to 60, however the COP on the bit from say 40 up is never transparent, can be a COP of 1 if using the internal heaters or a bit more, depending on the refrigerant in some of the more expensive ones.
    The other key factor is COP at higher temp lift, especially if ambient is near or below 0

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement