Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Finder & Co

• 09-05-2019 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Is it true WatchFinder & Co is openig a Dublin store?

Anyone ever been to one of their stores in the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

2shea wrote: »

Where did you hear that? I’ve been in a few of their stores and they’re fine, a good selection, nice enough staff etc... If you’re looking for second hand though they’re completely overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i find them good to sell to and to part ex with but wouldnt buy outright.

they will generally do a deal however

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cyrus wrote: »
    i find them good to sell to and to part ex with but wouldnt buy outright.

they will generally do a deal however

Agree.. dealt with them in the U.K. twice and both are trade, happy with both times. It certainly would save all that trying to figure out the best way to ship malarkey

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If they are it’s an indication that the U.K. market is slowing down and they are looking to offload stock.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Could be a Brexit based decision also.

• Advertisement

great news, any idea on location?

this will be an addition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Was recommended watchfinders by a friend recently, looking to pick something up. Overpriced you guys reckon?
    What's another good source for used watches? (High end)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Check out the Chrono24 app.......I find it very good and all legitimate and guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Senior Sales and Purchasing Assistant

Working Hours: 43 hours

Reporting to: Head of Retail and Head of Purchasing

Salary: Competitive

Anyone any idea what this might pay? Also always wondered what type of money the lads behind the counters of ADs are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Basic salary will be crap and it’s all based on commission and pressure is high to meet target otherwise you’re out the door with watch finder

Basically, you have to suck up to rich people.

• Advertisement

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Check out the Chrono24 app.......I find it very good and all legitimate and guaranteed

its great but you buy the seller on chrono24 trusted checkout notwithstanding

Chrono24 is certainly not guaranteed I'm afraid.

Even their buyer protection scheme only applies to purchases from dealers and not private sales and I wonder how comprehensive it really is (they will "help you to find a solution with the buyer").

I've bought some relatively pricey watches through it (e.g a planet ocean) and it's always been fine but you still need to do your research - check feedback, talk to people, buy the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

They must be getting close to opening now, i saw an add on TV this evening for them and the .ie website is live. Does anyone know where the shop is going actually?

Just a little information regarding a recent interaction I had with them. I was interested in a trade and got as far as agreeing the price-to-change in principle. From their website and the fact that there was an Irish phone number I assumed they had a premises open in Dublin but this turned out not to be the case.

I ultimately balked at the idea of sending my watch over on an essentially conditional basis. I didn't like the idea of managing that process by post/email. That was just me though, no particular cause for concern. To the contrary they were good to deal with.

In terms of pricing I was fairly happy with the exchange value for my watch but their starting price for the new piece was a good 10% above the odds by reference to other dealers in the UK.

The ultimate price-to-change was ok though - maybe just a little over what I would have been very happy with but I kind of expect that in an exchange like this. I would have gone through with it if I was doing the deal face-to-face.

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    Just a little information regarding a recent interaction I had with them. I was interested in a trade and got as far as agreeing the price-to-change in principle. From their website and the fact that there was an Irish phone number I assumed they had a premises open in Dublin but this turned out not to be the case.

I ultimately balked at the idea of sending my watch over on an essentially conditional basis. I didn't like the idea of managing that process by post/email. That was just me though, no particular cause for concern. To the contrary they were good to deal with.

In terms of pricing I was fairly happy with the exchange value for my watch but their starting price for the new piece was a good 10% above the odds by reference to other dealers in the UK.

The ultimate price-to-change was ok though - maybe just a little over what I would have been very happy with but I kind of expect that in an exchange like this. I would have gone through with it if I was doing the deal face-to-face.

i have sold them 4 or 5 watches and part exchanged several more, cant really fault them and i have always got the top end of the trade range (but i do baby my watches)

The initial figure offered for your item in trade in will change once you send it in or turn up at one of their stores, it’s a common tactic used by them to get the customer in the door and looking at the watch they really want, and then it’s just reel the punter in

literally never had this happen :P

My mate that works in Canary Wharf that values the trade ins must be telling lies then, he’s only been there 7 years raking in the commission but what does he know

i can only give you my actual experience not what a mate said :p

Cyrus wrote: »
    i can only give you my actual experience not what a mate said :p

Agreed, I have traded with them a couple of times, got what was agreed and never stepped foot inside the door.😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

and it seems, they pay you in wads of physical 50 euro notes. They only ever pay me into my account, but what would I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

probably fake like the man himself

https://youtu.be/LYNosJd6o6c

Still better piece than the ****ter McAnus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

893bet wrote: »
    probably fake like the man himself

https://youtu.be/LYNosJd6o6c

Still better piece than the ****ter McAnus

Look on the comments to that video. He's looking for money to be donated to his channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Had a quick browse on watchfinder.ie. Wow the Tags are expensive :eek::eek::eek:

It’s the same site as the U.K. and same stock with just a different web address and pricing in euro

And a rinsing on FX I'm sure !

am assuming currently its uk stock that they ship over ?, but they are recruiting for a bricks and mortar, so assume they will have sock locally, and I dont want to have to send watch to the UK for a trade on the Irish site

am assuming currently its uk stock that they ship over ?, but they are recruiting for a bricks and mortar, so assume they will have sock locally, and I dont want to have to send watch to the UK for a trade on the Irish site

yes its uk stock they post

id imagine they will facilitate trading on uk stock via ireland as in you bring to them and they ship back

Rumour around the company is the Dublin location will be appointment only kind of set up the same as many in the north of the U.K. but as with any rumour it could all be hot air

Am ok with it being appointment only, as long as its in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Does anyone know if the Dublin store opened? I've searched it online but can only find job openings posted 5-6 months ago.

The Irish version of the site has a Dublin number, but that's been there for quite some time.

I emailed a rep last week asking for an update, but no response to date.

nothing has opened yet, the dublin number is diverted to the uk, take a trip to london if you have time and check out the canary wharf shop it is mental they have everything
    return to stanstead is only €50 lately

That's a good idea, I'll be in London in Jan, so might just do that. I have a watch I'm considering trading in and don't particularly want to ship it, would rather do a handover in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

eljono wrote: »
    That's a good idea, I'll be in London in Jan, so might just do that. I have a watch I'm considering trading in and don't particularly want to ship it, would rather do a handover in person.

Price if Sterling is pretty bad (for us) if you're buying anything over there at the moment

• Advertisement

Price if Sterling is pretty bad (for us) if you're buying anything over there at the moment

I have a deal negotiated in euro thankfully.

Heard back from Sales: "Please be advised that, unfortunately, we do not have any stores in Ireland and are not planning to any time soon."

Advertisement