Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

1150151152153154156»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

AdpRo wrote:
    Happened here last year in one league I think.

Really which league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

scotchy wrote: »

That's not what happened there in the end. Dont want people to think they did that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Boots234 wrote: »
    This was sorted in the end.

What happened in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

CSF wrote: »

I must admit I thought this remained unresolved - there was no update in the thread as I had it followed

Glad it got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

lassykk wrote: »
    I must admit I thought this remained unresolved - there was no update in the thread as I had it followed

Glad it got sorted

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

CSF wrote: »

I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Boots234 wrote: »
    I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full
    Look at me, more popular than I thought. Cleared some now.

lassykk wrote:

What happened in the end to resolve it?

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    What happened in the end to resolve it?

A few months ago we got updated on what had happened but didnt feel it was the sort of thing that should be shared on here really. Kankan definitely didnt do anything wrong though and from my dealings with them they always seemed like a stand up person so dont want people to think this was someone doing a runner as that isn't what happened.

Thanks for clarifying that lads.

As much as I followed it, as I was in that league, I never realised it got resolved.

Great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

klopparama wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying that lads.

As much as I followed it, as I was in that league, I never realised it got resolved.

Great to hear.

And given given his posting history I was shocked at what seemed to have happened
    Anyway hope he is ok
    And it reinforces that as father ted would say the forum is a great bunch of lads !!!

I can’t believe the fixtures are out today too
    And I am refreshed and looking forward to the season and especially the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anyone see what's happened with the Reddit fpl league money ? One of the mods ran off with it essentially. 5k apparently

Really lucky on here to not have anything like that.

Jaysus , how sick would you be if you won a league like that worth a few grand and that happened!!!

Is there any update on that Reddit league? Hopefully the person be would tracked down and it would all get sorted somehow.

McBain11 wrote: »
    Jaysus , how sick would you be if you won a league like that worth a few grand and that happened!!!

Is there any update on that Reddit league? Hopefully the person be would tracked down and it would all get sorted somehow.

Nope, nothing since 11/06 where he still hasn't responded to anything or anyone!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comments/bza3kc/money_league_and_bigluke575_update_1106/

Nope, nothing since 11/06 where he still hasn't responded to anything or anyone!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comments/bza3kc/money_league_and_bigluke575_update_1106/

Could it be a case like on here last year, where something could be up personally and it will get sorted soon?

Hopefully the winners get their monies in the end anyway.

Just read a bit of the Reddit thread. The lad is based in the US and was a mod on there. Ouch. I always thought Reddit was all UK users with a few Irish thrown in.

Could it be a case like on here last year, where something could be up personally and it will get sorted soon?

Hopefully the winners get their monies in the end anyway.

He didn't pay the monthly prizes all season and has seen the messages sent to him on discord so it's less likely but innocent until proven guilty and all that. I hope it gets resolved.

He didn't pay the monthly prizes all season and has seen the messages sent to him on discord so it's less likely but innocent until proven guilty and all that. I hope it gets resolved.

Jaysus never even paid out the monthly prizes! It's a real shame because it leaves a huge sour taste towards the game as much as anything.

Jaysus never even paid out the monthly prizes! It's a real shame because it leaves a huge sour taste towards the game as much as anything.

I read a bit of the thread but apparently did something similar last year with the monthly prizes but did eventually pay everything last year.

He even charged a fee this year for running it! I don't know the exact details as I'm only seeing bits of it on reddit... can't understand how the site is so popular when you can't even read things in the order they were posted!

• Advertisement

I read a bit of the thread but apparently did something similar last year with the monthly prizes but did eventually pay everything last year.

He even charged a fee this year for running it! I don't know the exact details as I'm only seeing bits of it on reddit... can't understand how the site is so popular when you can't even read things in the order they were posted!

Ya, it's a frustrating site to read anytime I've popped into it. Don't get the popularity of it meself.

Doesn't sound good for the money being recovered so. Yer man must be an awful b*llox altogether.

Jesus and I stress about getting bank details and paying people as quickly as possible in our main pay league.

The fee thing is pretty standard for league hosts in America. We're spoilt here with such a great free to play game!

Fingers crossed they come to their senses I've had people who have disappeared come back and repay after a year in the poker world so you never know when it'll happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anyone see what's happened with the Reddit fpl league money ? One of the mods ran off with it essentially. 5k apparently

Really lucky on here to not have anything like that.

Money has been paid.

Advertisement