Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

I dont think so,
    AFAIK we have approximately $22 million in space, and I believe that figure does not include the 9 million in savings we have from Berry's post june 1st release.
    Beyond that the structure will be key, its essentially a 3 year deal with team options beyond that (only ~60 mil guaranteed) but signing bonus spreads over the 5 so id imagine we may have a slightly lower hit this year with the deal being about 55 mil paid by end of year 3, so he could be cut for 6 mil in dead space yr 4 if wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Might need to take a WR in the draft because Tyreek Hill might need see the field much anymore as a Chief.

Said ti on the other thread but yeah, he needs to be gone.
    Id say they're only putting him on suspension until the draft part is finished, then they can deal with getting him removed from the team. Its a pity because it looked so much like he had turned his life around (charity work etc) but he hadn't. I'll still support giving players a second chance but he had his and pissed it away.
    Scum and shouldn't be in the league any more.

I agree, and they've set the standard after binning off Hunt. Hopefully they can find some value in the draft now, and they at least stopped short of making him the highest paid WR in the league.

The thing that will irk me is seeing another team pick him up and benefit from a genuine game changer who should've been a Chief for life. If the Chiefs cut him then he should be out of the league for good, won't happen though.

Chiefs trade up to get Hill’s replacement, Mecole Hardman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Hardman looks a beast.

Personally, I'd keep Hill and would have kept Hunt. I'm a man of few morals, plus if we can be the most hated team, it could build a siege mentality. Some other team is gonna pick up Hill. Being morally correct doesn't win you Super Bowls. I'd take a team of dickheads winning a SB over a team of saints going 8-8.

Bye Reek Hill

Thanks for the memories you gob****e

I agree to a point in the sense that everyone deserves a second chance but assaulting your kid after you've already been in trouble in the past? Nah, see ya later.

What Hunt did isn't even comparable to Hill's antics.

Have to say, I'm delighted with our off season acquisitions.

The Honey Badger and Clark pick ups speak for themselves, but we've addressed alot of holes in this draft.

Listening to some Chiefs podcasts post draft and there was a lot of hype about Darwin Thompson and what he can bring to the back field. Four RBs and a FB will likely head into camp so it could be a interesting battle for roster spots.

Jamaal Charles signing a one day deal to retire a chief. Big favourite of mine and the first real jersey I got of KC.
    Happy for the guy :)

• Advertisement

First Chiefs jersey I got as well, hated seeing him at the Broncos but glad he's coming back to retire properly. Legend.

Love that the Chiefs have brought Charles, Bowe and Johnson back to sign one-day contract. Those three at their peak in the current team would've been unreal.

Really enjoying The Franchise, it's nice to have a Chiefs centric documentary to pass some time during the offseason.

No suspension at all for Tyreek Hill...

Hill, Hardman and Watkins will eat this league

Add Showtime, Kelce, the Williams boys and De'Marcus Robinson and that's one killer O

Chiefs bang at it last night

Mahomes and Kelce flawless, and new boys Hardman, Thornhill and Thompson looked electric

The Honey Badger was everywhere

Chiefs bang at it last night

Mahomes and Kelce flawless, and new boys Hardman, Thornhill and Thompson looked electric

The Honey Badger was everywhere

As it stands, Hardman should be our WR2 ahead of Watkins

Terrific preseason from the new guy.

Darwin Thompson done his cause no harm at all either

Shady McCoy in the mix now, another weapon.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Shady McCoy in the mix now, another weapon.

As long as he doesn't stunt the development of Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson, I'm all in.

Damian Williams still our RB1

• Advertisement

Yeah, Williams will be first up and having a back up like McCoy for a year is a nice cushion to have. Thompson looks very promising but we want to win now so bringing in Shady makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AnBeagalltach

As Randy Reid would say, get up field, don’t get tackled.. score

Business as usual on offense, it's good to be back.

Should be an interesting game this weekend. I think we'll win but don't think it'll be the cakewalk that I expected looking at it during the offseason.
    Raiders line looked really good last week and their pass rush was decent. I want to see more from our defense, particularly the front 4 generating pressure. Should see some more plays out of the rookie Mecole Hardman which would be nice as well.

Job done. Great to see the defense keeping a shutout for three quarters and taking a few picks. Mahomes dropping dimes in the first half with a sprained ankle, what a guy.

Very exciting game this week. We get to see a proper test for both the Ravens and the Chiefs. Should be very fun to watch.

Damien Wiliams is out, and Shady has been limited in practices this week so might be a coming out game for Darwin Thompson. Concerning given Reid commented that his pass-blocking might not be 100% yet, got to protect Mahomes at all costs, but very exciting to see him at this level. Looked great in preseason against starting defenses, hope he can continue that in the regular season.

Job done, some brilliant plays from Robinson, McCoy and Hardman. Bit of a scare towards the end but a win is huge when the rest of the division all lost (again).

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Job done, some brilliant plays from Robinson, McCoy and Hardman. Bit of a scare towards the end but a win is huge when the rest of the division all lost (again).

They were terrific, as were Ogbah and Okofor.

Ditto Clarke, Jones, Matthieu and Darrell Williams.

Our strength in depth is astonishing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Question for Chiefs fans. How does it feel to have Patrick Mahomes. He is off to record numbers already, his accuracy, ability, attitude. Hell he is just terrific to watch.

Already people are starting to talk about him as a transformative player, he could change the position with the ability he has.

• Advertisement

Question for Chiefs fans. How does it feel to have Patrick Mahomes. He is off to record numbers already, his accuracy, ability, attitude. Hell he is just terrific to watch.

Already people are starting to talk about him as a transformative player, he could change the position with the ability he has.

He’s already changed the position. To 90% of teams the Red Zone is the 20 yard line. If you’re Chicago it’s the 5 yard line. But Mahomes has made it so that our Red Zone is literally midfield. We can score from anywhere.

And it hasn’t been all plain sailing either- he was without Hunt for most of last year, and this season Hills been struck down with injury and off the field incidents, and we’ve gone through 3 RB’s already this season.

He’s a transformative, creative, once in a generation player and we’ve never seen his like before

To balance it out however, Sammy Watkins, Demarcus Robinson, Shady McCoy and MeCole Hardman have really stepped up to the plate in these first 3 games.

With Hill and Damien Williams to return and Kelce continuing to be the best TE in the game, I really don’t see us losing any time soon.

Home advantage is key in the P/O’s however

Advertisement