Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO, or the Russians?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Reati

Someone caught the recent sighting up on the north coast (Coleraine, circa 4-500km away), on their dashcam just 3mins before it was seen by the pilots at the other end of the country.

Either they were moving very fast, shifted altitude (or both).

The one thing the little green/grey men seem interesed in is cows (mutilation and dna testing).
    Afterall with 4 stomachs and the ability to turn grass to milk, might be useful for a genesis project.

Where is that video online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Mekhi Sticky Plastic

Reati wrote: »
    Where is that video online?

https://inews.co.uk/video/ufo-video-northern-ireland-irish-sea-sightings-investigation/

https://www.colerainetimes.co.uk/news/offbeat/u-f-o-spotted-over-northern-ireland-1-8704462

else, googlebot it (dash-cam + Coleraine + Sandy Laverty.

It shows two bright objects almost in seperation. Having seen a large meteor breakup in the sky before, this looks somewhat different.

edit:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Inviere wrote: »
    Have to laugh at people, "the Russians"...it's like 1960 all over again. Propaganda alive and well in the 21st century it seems, someone forgot to change the record though :D

"The BA pilot, flying from Montreal to Heathrow, describes how the UFO came up along the left-hand side of the aircraft, “then rapidly veered to the north”." - Source

"“two bright lights that seemed to bank over to the right and climb away at speed at least from our perspective.” - Source

Hell of a meteor to change direction mid flight. Not saying it wasn't one, but some of the accounts don't quite tally up with what you'd expect from a meteor vector. These are trained, professional pilots...not two people coming out of a Bingo hall on a Saturday night looking up at the sky. My guess would be if not a meteor, then some kind of black budget classified stealth craft.

the russians arent anything to laugh at - they've recently been chased by the brits for flying over the irish sea - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/irish-politician-angry-raf-not-informed-ireland-typhoons-intercepted-russian-bombers-off-coast/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rider66

maccored wrote: »
    the russians arent anything to laugh at - they've recently been chased by the brits for flying over the irish sea - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/irish-politician-angry-raf-not-informed-ireland-typhoons-intercepted-russian-bombers-off-coast/

No, the Russians are definitely not a joke. Look what they've done to the US, without even firing a shot!

That article was interesting, but just showed they stupidity of some politicians. I think he did that just to get his name in print.

Small 'meteors' could very well be nanotechnology probes from our own planet. It is something that NASA has been working on; much cheaper, and safer than sending humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

maccored wrote: »
    the russians arent anything to laugh at - they've recently been chased by the brits for flying over the iirish sea - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/irish-politician-angry-raf-not-informed-ireland-typhoons-intercepted-russian-bombers-off-coast/

I certainly wouldn’t laugh at the Russians, they’re no angels. I feel there much worse out there though, and I find it amusing how the narrative now has people looking at “the Russians” as the boogeyman once again. It’s also amusing how the US kicked up such a fuss over alleged Russian interference in their electoral process...rich coming from the kings of “regime change”, and from a country that does nothing but poke it’s nose where it’s not wanted.

Anyway, to get back on point, I’m not sure if the Russians have black technology to rival the US, I doubt they have tbh, given the size of the black budget in the US. Id say the US lead the field in aviation, and we prob can’t even imagine what classified stuff they have going on at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Inviere wrote: »
    I don't think anything travelling at Mach 2 is going to bounce off of an air pocket to be fair.

“like Mach 2” I think is what the pilot said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

vicwatson wrote: »
    “like Mach 2” I think is what the pilot said

I’d be happy enough to accept the qualified pilots informed opinion of the observed speed

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Butson

At the time the Irish Aviation Authority said they were going to investigate these sightings.

Anything ever come from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Russians

i say UFO (mainly to wind Joe Don Dante up)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If it's really a secret military plane then why do they go near places and people where it could be seen? They've got the tech to know exactly where in the sky is occupied, why not go somewhere empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

If it's really a secret military plane then why do they go near places and people where it could be seen? They've got the tech to know exactly where in the sky is occupied, why not go somewhere empty

Maybe to test the public reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Most realistic answer - because they know they don't need to trouble themselves with it, as reports of sightings will either be dismissed as "lunatics seeing things" or, in the case such reports came from trained professionals (pilots in this case, other times it's been the Police), they'll enjoy 10 minutes of popularity in the media and then be forgotten as a new article about Love Island is published.

I also find the whole "Russians" angle spectacularly funny in its childishness, it's like the Western narrative is trying to enter another Cold Wars against...themselves - "Repeat with me: watch out, Russia's out to get us!".

That said, Russia DOES have stealth capability in the form of the Su-57; Its actual capabilities are not know, probably not as "stealthy" as an F-22 or an F-35, but likely more than old-gen stealth aircraft like the B2 and F-117.

What is extremely doubtful is that they'd have an Su-57 take off and perform multiple aerial refuels just to go mess around Irish airspace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

I think blaming the Russians is straight propaganda. "Oh it must be the Russians", that is a propaganda saying. You are probably seeing real UFOs.

the Rusiians were in irish airspace at the time.

Advertisement