Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aquael tank

Options
  • 17-06-2019 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Son has his heart set on an Aquael Smart Shrimp Set 10 Litre that comes with the LED light,filter and heater and wondering does anyone know where i could source one.Preferably in dublin or surrounding area or an irish website,cheers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

damon5 wrote: »
    Son has his heart set on an Aquael Smart Shrimp Set 10 Litre that comes with the LED light,filter and heater and wondering does anyone know where i could source one.Preferably in dublin or surrounding area or an irish website,cheers....

I keep tropical fish and usual get my stock, tanks etc from Seahorse aquarium in Ballymount. I think I may have seen it on display in there but I can't be certain. They've plenty of small shrimp tanks. I bought one off them a few years ago and have it stocked with armano shrimp. Newlands garden centre at Newlands cross nearby would also be a decent shout for it. You can buy one online from this store in the midlands. Have never dealt with that store myself. Seahorse or Newlands would order one for you. They've ordered stuff for me before.

Seahorse has a much bigger selection of shrimp though, if you are looking for somewhere to find stock for the tank. That's a very small tank, even for shrimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Thanks for the info and link,i agree the 10 litre is a bit on the small size but room in the house is at a premium as i was lucky to squeeze my 240 ltr in LOL.......
    Checked out that site and a shame it doesnt have the 20 ltr version as that size we could manage,if you come across any other sources for them on an irish website it would be appreciated,cheers.

Have a look at adverts.ie, facebook marketplace etc for 2nd hand tanks at least - a 10L may be a tad difficult for a young beginner in terms of maintaining balanced water parameters etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Thanks for replies,he,s decided to go for the Aqua one Aqua nano 30 which is 22ltr and will be buying it from Seahorse Aquariums.Its practicly plug and play,nice LED lamp,no messing around having to purchace a mini heater,great setup with the section at the back that conceals the heater,pump and filtration.Loads of room there for sponges and bags of bio media that according to a PDF file i just read says that it comes with,was looking at a youtube video which instead showed it had a replaceable cartridge media syatem that others wer,nt using but were replaceing them with sponges,bio media for it to function much more efficiently,cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement