Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumbells

• 02-03-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭

want to pick up a few dumbells
    any good deals going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Seve OB wrote: »
    want to pick up a few dumbells
    any good deals going?

I'm scouring adverts etc ( local) nada, Argos I reckon if click n collect is on

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Go for bands till the lockdowns are over

Housefree wrote: »

Chemists?had them years ago for physio,
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Housefree wrote: »

What do you mean bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

OH bought some 10kg dumbells in Lidl Deansgrange on Monday.
    They had other fitness stuff there as well but I'd say it was only in that shop as didn't see any in other Lidl shops.
    Might be lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I couldn't get any in the first lockdown and wanted heavy ones. I found a YouTube video online for DIY ones, tried it and they worked out great.Basically, take an old basketball fill it with post concrete, heat a pvc pipe and for the handle set it in the concrete. Wrap with some sports wrap to finish.
    It was cheap as chips but it did more for the fact I couldn't get any at the time.

rob316 wrote: »
    I couldn't get any in the first lockdown and wanted heavy ones. I found a YouTube video online for DIY ones, tried it and they worked out great.Basically, take an old basketball fill it with post concrete, heat a pvc pipe and for the handle set it in the concrete. Wrap with some sports wrap to finish.
    It was cheap as chips but it did more for the fact I couldn't get any at the time.

Perfect.
    Now I just need to find a shop open where I can buy a basketball, concrete, pvc pipe & sports wrap :D

Seve OB wrote: »
    What do you mean bands?

Rubber bands used for physio and training,can tie them.in door handles ,feet etc,boots chemists

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tilting tim

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/TOMSHOO-resistance-stretching-powerlifting-gymnastics/dp/B08LDPJ5JM/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=fitnessband&qid=1614755586&sr=8-18

I picked up these for €25 on sale at some stage, if you are going for bands go for this type, ones in chemists are more for physio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Elverys often have free weights at a decent price! Also try mcsport.ie but they can be expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

looking on amazon at the moment thinking of buying, is ithere any problems buying on uk site

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/TOMSHOO-resistance-stretching-powerlifting-gymnastics/dp/B08LDPJ5JM/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=fitnessband&qid=1614755586&sr=8-18

I picked up these for €25 on sale at some stage, if you are going for bands go for this type, ones in chemists are more for physio

Did they last?
    Physio ones I got lasted less than 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tilting tim

Did they last?
    Physio ones I got lasted less than 2 years

Only have them 4 months, just using them to help doing pull ups, none broke so far, seem good quality

Only have them 4 months, just using them to help doing pull ups, none broke so far, seem good quality

Thanks looking for my 18 yr old also, bands would be better I reckon- more choice

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gavo_8

how heavy are you looking for?

5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

lidll in clonee also had 10kg dumbells for 20 quid on monday - i think they were due out during lockdown when they said they never got them and just put them out to get rid of them. have already seen some gouger with 2 sets online on fb for 140 quid. hate that ****e - they were cheap sell them on cheap.

i should say 2 5kg dumbells - 10kg total my apologies

Advertisement