Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fraudulent website

• 24-02-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi there
    Not sure if this is the correct forum
    Perhaps if not someone can point me in the right direction
    Two questions really
    What forum can I forewarn people regarding what appears to be on the face of it a legitimate website but turns out to be a fraud, can I name it?and secondly does bank of Ireland have any recourse in relation to this in the same way that PayPal protection works
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭con747

Can you give more details as to what happened? Can you not get a charge back from bank?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - by all means explain what happened but leave company details out of it. This is not the place for allegations of fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Purchased a branded product from what appeared to be a reputable site.the site looked to be Spain based .i received a acknowledgment from a Chinese address and knew immediately something was up. Tried to email numerous times but have been ghosted. Haven’t done anything else since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

SheroP wrote: »
    Purchased a branded product from what appeared to be a reputable site.the site looked to be Spain based .i received a acknowledgment from a Chinese address and knew immediately something was up. Tried to email numerous times but have been ghosted. Haven’t done anything else since

Are you sure it isn’t just a dropshipping site ?

Many websites are set up where you order from them and they are fulfilled by a different company (even amazon does this)

Just because a website has a country specific domain name extension doesn’t mean the company is based in that country.

Did you do any research into the website before ordering anything from them ?

No i did not do any research
    I assumed it was legit
    I initially received a tracking number and referred to a Asian postal company
    I think I’ll just have to suck it up and be more careful next time 👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I assumed it was legit
    I think I’ll just have to suck it up and be more careful next time 👍👍

So you ordered from a website and received a tracking number for the product..... It's on its way to you, be careful though .. if it's coming from outside the EU - you may need to pay import tax on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I assumed it was legit
    I think I’ll just have to suck it up and be more careful next time ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

if it's too good to true, its usually a scam.

Do your research next time. Don't assume.

You still might have been. it may be a fake etc depending on the product your ordered.

Agreed thanks
    “Tracking” claims package to be delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Agreed thanks
    “Tracking” claims package to be delivered

China tracking could mean it got to the Airport/port. You might not see tracking updates again. Be prepared for a 3 to 4 week wait for stuff posted from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

irishgeo wrote: »
    China tracking could mean it got to the Airport/port. You might not see tracking updates again. Be prepared for a 3 to 4 week wait for stuff posted from China.

I have just received a small oxygen monitor from Amazon. Took 5 weeks and came from China despite EU shop. All through the process the supplied tracking number indicated 'out for delivery'. Don't give up hope yet.

TT

• Advertisement

So update to saga, received incorrect order , very fake ray bans, mailed them and explained that it was incorrect order and requested refund
    Eventually responded and advised me to either return glasses ( which would cost me again ) or accept half the value of refund ,which seems to be their strategy , I have replied, declining offer and request full refund , we'll see how this goes , not too hopeful

Advertisement