Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've applied in Galway with loughrea office dealing with my claim.

Claim submitted: 31st July 2017
    Interview with inspector: 25th October 2017
    Still awaiting decision! 19 weeks and counting, I've submitted a formal complaint as nobody can seem to give me an update on my claim but doubt it will get me anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Registered on a Tuesday - Got appointment for 45 minutes later. Completed that, got PSC card Completed whilst there(it's in the post) and letter arrived today 2 days later to advise me my first payment will be read on X date. Straight forward JSB Claim, no other people or no other benefits involved. Maybe that's why it was so quick.

SW Office - Limerick City
    Payment - JSB
    Registration Date: 23.01.17
    Appointment Date: 23.01.17
    Approval: 24.01.17

Social Welfare Office: Cork City South
    Social Welfare Payment: JSA
    Application Date: 09/07/18
    Date of appointment: 11/07/2018

Went on the Monday to make appointment, submitted forms on the Wednesday and got the letter that it had been approved on the Friday. It was not really an interview, very few questions asked. Just submitted my forms and away I went. I had been preparing to be interviewed but it was just routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭woodyman

I applied on 20 March for JSA. Was refused covid 19 payment as unfortunately I had ended a contract a few weeks before and was due to start a new contract but that was revoked before I started.
    Local office is Cork Street, Dublin 8 and haven't heard back yet and didnt get a reply to my email. Anyone had any JSA or JSB processed since Covid19?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I applied 01 April, was made redundant on 20 March but had to wait for a letter from my employer. Still showing as submitted. People who submit Covid 19 payment applications seem to be getting approval much faster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Anyone know waiting time for online JSA applications been 3 weeks daughter now waiting and form still not looked at???

I've been waiting since 20th March and still haven't heard anything. I've sent multiple emails to my Intreo office but have received no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

woodyman wrote: »
    I've been waiting since 20th March and still haven't heard anything. I've sent multiple emails to my Intreo office but have received no reply.

I applied for JSA on the 19th of March and after about a week I got an email from the department, placing me on the Covid-19 payment scheme.. "To ensure that we put you into payment as soon as possible we have processed your original application as a Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment"

I'm guessing you didn't get this?!

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    I applied for JSA on the 19th of March and after about a week I got an email from the department, placing me on the Covid-19 payment scheme.. "To ensure that we put you into payment as soon as possible we have processed your original application as a Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment"

I'm guessing you didn't get this?!

No but I'm raging now that I've heard that. I emailed the intreo office again today and got a reply to say it was being dealt with by the online team and to email onlinejobseekers@welfare.ie. I had already sent an email to that address 2 weeks ago but I sent another this afternoon. Will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

woodyman wrote: »

I had a similar issue but I did get a reply back from my local Intreo office after emailing them. They told me just to apply with the paper form and leave it into the office.

So last Tuesday I left in the form, got a letter saying approved on Thurs and got payment (including back payment) on Friday.

Read the below thread as many people aren't having their online applications processed;
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070255

• Advertisement

Similar experience. Dropped paper form in Wednesday, approved Thursday. Will get back payment this Thursday and regular payment on Friday. Online application had been submitted almost 5 weeks before by I'm 99.9% certain it was the paper form that got it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

My brother is waiting 6 weeks now for an online JSB application.

Looks like he might have to go get a paper form, madness, online applications should surely be much quicker to process.

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    My brother is waiting 6 weeks now for an online JSB application.

Looks like he might have to go get a paper form, madness, online applications should surely be much quicker to process.

Covid payment applications appear to have received priority. Tell your brother to first contact the local office and then submit a paper application. By doing this I got approval in less than 24 hours after waiting for weeks and weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Did they backdate the payments?

So rang the social and they said they not even get an online application for my daughter. She filled up all the forms online on 3rd April so piece of advice for all to do it on paper. Also woman said won't be backdated I have the paperwork saying it was sent so I will be putting that in

It's a pity it took so long to contact the office, it's a month since you first posted on this thread asking?

FWIW mine was backdated to the date of my original online application.

Caranica wrote: »
    It's a pity it took so long to contact the office, it's a month since you first posted on this thread asking?

FWIW mine was backdated to the date of my original online application.

Was told corona payment take precedent so left it til now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ROREO93

Been waiting since the 24th of April. Still nothing. Rang the department of social welfare and they told me to wait 1-2 more weeks before applying in paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

ROREO93 wrote: »
    Been waiting since the 24th of April. Still nothing. Rang the department of social welfare and they told me to wait 1-2 more weeks before applying in paper.

Application Date: 4th April online
    Means test and additional documents requested: 25th May
    Phone contact: 2nd June

Application still pending....

Applied on early May and only received approval and my backdated JSA payment a couple of weeks ago only after I contacted them.

I haven't been paid since and will contact them again if this continues next week.

• Advertisement

• Applied for jobseekers benefit in mid October, as I’ve been put on a three day week down from five days due to a downturn in business. Just heard today (Saturday) that is has been approved. So five weeks seem to be the waiting time if anyone else has applied. Just wondering if my backdated benefit will be paid with my first payment next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi, I applied online for jsb yesterday and I see today that it has been approved. Question, it doesn’t say the rate, will I get it for my 20 yr old dependant child, I was on illness benefit for two weeks recently and it wasn’t paid for dependant then, I was told it wasn’t paid for the first six months of Illness Benefit, just wondering if it’s the same for jsb. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

As far as I'm aware Jobseekers Benefit is a personal payment, not means tested and based on contributions, there are no other allowances attached to it , so your dependent 20 year old would be irrelevant, are you sure it was JSB and Not JSA you applied for, you've also posted in an old survey , perhaps post as a new question, others will see it better.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• That was a quick application for JSB, I had to wait 5 weeks and received payments back to the original application.

I had to renew my JSB recently by filling out a dual JSB/JSA application, about three weeks ago but haven’t heard if it’s been approved. I’d doubt that I will get JSA due to my wife working but the JSB should be approved as my employment status of three day working remains the same. My employer filled out the forms explaining that I am working three days as a result of a down turn in business!

Advertisement