Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOSE QuietComfort QC35 II

• 28-12-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Not a bad price for the Bose QC35 II, €275 on amazon Germany works out around 280'ish delivered. Currently on sale in b&m stores here for €330 reduced from €399 (which is a bit high!), seems to the lowest price ever on camelcamelcamel !
    Link

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Moreilly wrote: »
    Not a bad price for the Bose QC35 II, €275 on amazon Germany works out around 280'ish delivered. Currently on sale in b&m stores here for €330 reduced from €399 (which is a bit high!), seems to the lowest price ever on camelcamelcamel !
    Link

You can get it €10 cheaper from Amazon.es

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Harvey nornan are doing the QC25 for €150 if its any good to anyone https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/bose-quietcomfort-headphones-qc25.html

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

I was between these and the Sony WH-1000XM3 and went for the Sony's today. Lowest ever price of €303 on amazon.es at the moment:

https://www.amazon.es/Sony-WH-1000XM3B-Auriculares-inal%C3%A1mbricos-Cancelling/dp/B07GDR2LYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546033856&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+WH-1000XM3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭torrevieja

rustynutz wrote: »

whats the difference in the two Bose Models ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

35s are Bluetooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Had a pair, love them but they have been missing since Sunday!! Absolute mystery of epic proportions, put them down, went out for the night and could not find them the next morning in the house!

Anyways ordered a new pair today on Very.co.uk - £289

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

collybyrne wrote: »
    I was between these and the Sony WH-1000XM3 and went for the Sony's today. Lowest ever price of €303 on amazon.es at the moment:

https://www.amazon.es/Sony-WH-1000XM3B-Auriculares-inal%C3%A1mbricos-Cancelling/dp/B07GDR2LYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546033856&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+WH-1000XM3

Got the xm2s on BF for 199 on amazon spain. They are great so can only imagine how good the xm3s are.
    Have never tried the bose but I'd say there is not much difference in terms of performance between the bose and sonys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Kolido wrote: »
    Got the xm2s on BF for 199 on amazon spain. They are great so can only imagine how good the xm3s are.
    Have never tried the bose but I'd say there is not much difference in terms of performance between the bose and sonys.

I tried both before I bought the Bose - I picked the Bose because they felt more comfortable for me. They sounded similar so it probably comes down to the shape of your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I tried both the sony xm3 and the bose and i preferred the bose overall as well. The anc seemed about the same on both, the sound on the sonys was probably a little better esp on the low end but there was something clean about the audio on the bose and how comfortable they felt that made me prefer the bose, all the online reviews generally favour the sony's so if i never tried them in person i probably would have went with the sonys, spent about 20 min swapping between the two and the bose seem like a pair that you could wear all day. Both very good headphones though and there is no real wrong choice as far as i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Moreilly wrote: »
    I tried both the sony xm3 and the bose and i preferred the bose overall as well. The anc seemed about the same on both, the sound on the sonys was probably a little better esp on the low end but there was something clean about the audio on the bose and how comfortable they felt that made me prefer the bose, all the online reviews generally favour the sony's so if i never tried them in person i probably would have went with the sonys, spent about 20 min swapping between the two and the bose seem like a pair that you could wear all day. Both very good headphones though and there is no real wrong choice as far as i can see
    I'd agree the bose are more comfortable than the xm2 but the xm3 are equally as comfortable as the bose and are better sounding.. changed my xm2 to xm3... As one review of the xm2 said, he put up with the less comfort of the xm2 over the bose for the sound quality but now with the xm3 it's no contest

• Advertisement

rustynutz wrote: »

Is this headphone in Harvey Norman for Apple devices or Android or does it do both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

torrevieja wrote: »
    Is this headphone in Harvey Norman for Apple devices or Android or does it do both ?

The QC25 is wired so for the latest iPhones that don't have a headphone port it won't be much good. The QC35 linked on amazon above are wireless (and come with an optional wire) so would suit any device.

The QC25 is wired so for the latest iPhones that don't have a headphone port it won't be much good. The QC35 linked on amazon above are wireless (and come with an optional wire) so would suit any device.

I think there are separate models for apple and andriod though, maybe its something to do with the inline remote. Perhaps this is what the poster above was referring to.

The apple version is currently £130 on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Before anyone drops a large chunk on noise cancelling headphones try them out first for as long as possible.

I bought a set of QC35ii a while back and I have to use them with the noise cancelling off as they give me a pressure headache. Apparently its not completely uncommon.

Kolido wrote: »
    I think there are separate models for apple and andriod though, maybe its something to do with the inline remote. Perhaps this is what the poster above was referring to.

The apple version is currently £130 on amazon.

yes i was reading that there were ones for Apple and Android but im really looking for one that does all cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

torrevieja wrote: »
    yes i was reading that there were ones for Apple and Android but im really looking for one that does all cheers

The wire works for all, apple, android and on nonmobile devices. The 'apple wire' just refers to the inline controls only working for apple. If you had the android wire, same story, the buttons can only control android. But music still goes through, whatever device you play from. I've been using mine for a stage mixer (Mackie dl1608) and audio is going through perfectly. I believe if you wanted to have audio controls for both apple and android, you would have to go to the wireless option as bluetooth controls are mostly able to control both platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

lassykk wrote: »
    Before anyone drops a large chunk on noise cancelling headphones try them out first for as long as possible.

I bought a set of QC35ii a while back and I have to use them with the noise cancelling off as they give me a pressure headache. Apparently its not completely uncommon.

I had the same issue when I first got them. They made me feel woozy with the pressure around the ears, felt a bit like the onset of motion sickness. However, within a day it was gone. I often fall asleep with them on now, I find them that comfortable.

The noise cancelling is great, using them when cutting the lawn really mutes the noise. When taking them off during a flight, it feels like your ears are being assaulted by the noise after the relative quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Sarn wrote: »
    I had the same issue when I first got them. They made me feel woozy with the pressure around the ears, felt a bit like the onset of motion sickness. However, within a day it was gone. I often fall asleep with them on now, I find them that comfortable.

The noise cancelling is great, using them when cutting the lawn really mutes the noise. When taking them off during a flight, it feels like your ears are being assaulted by the noise after the relative quiet.

Sadly persevering didn't work for me. Have tried them numerous times with it on and I feel instantly like something isn't right. I can't dive into water because of a similar feeling of pressure so I'm guessing there's some weird connection there

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

I see the Bose QC35ii are only €265 on Amazon Spain. Will they deliver to Ireland without any hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

I see the Bose QC35ii are only €265 on Amazon Spain. Will they deliver to Ireland without any hassle?

I got mine from there last year, no issues.

• Advertisement

Thank you for the reply. Glad to hear that there was no problem. I’ve ordered a set tonight, expected delivery 14th Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

265 inc shipping?

€277.65 including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

collybyrne wrote: »

Did you receive these headphones? I'm curious as to whether the voiceover is in Spanish or English. Looking to buy from Amazon.fr

Obskure wrote: »
    Did you receive these headphones? I'm curious as to whether the voiceover is in Spanish or English. Looking to buy from Amazon.fr

Should be getting them today, had them sent to a friend in the North for cheaper shipping. Will reply back when I've had a chance to try them out.

I got the WH-1000XM2 from Amazon Spain on BF, voice over is in English. I'd imagine it's the same for all regions or perhaps it can be changed in the app, I haven't checked that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You can change the language settings via the software. You can also opt to turn it off altogether, gets a bit annoying.

Edit. Sorry, ye are discussing Sony. I was referring to Bose QC35 II ^^^

Obskure wrote: »

Got the headphones earlier and can confirm everything is automatically in English, didn't have to change any settings.

Just a follow up to my own purchase. I ordered the headphones on Saturday night (after 21:00), received a text from An Post on Sunday (16:05) to say they were in the An Post National Hub, delivered to my home on Monday morning. My question is.........did they really come from Spain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Just a follow up to my own purchase. I ordered the headphones on Saturday night (after 21:00), received a text from An Post on Sunday (16:05) to say they were in the An Post National Hub, delivered to my home on Monday morning. My question is.........did they really come from Spain?
    Most likely from the UK warehouse. Check the parcel tracking to find out.

Advertisement