Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

stephen_n wrote: »
    When you’re listening to the Stone Roses and your girlfriend asks you why you’re listening to country music, is it time for a trade in?

Is there an age gap? That would excuse it but she would need some educating in good music...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is there an age gap? That would excuse it but she would need some educating in good music...

About 8 years, not enough to excuse that. Yes I think she definitely needs an education, should have known that when the Westlife and Clubland cd’s arrived.

About 8 years, not enough to excuse that. Yes I think she definitely needs an education, should have known that when the Westlife and Clubland cd’s arrived.

We're similar. I'm pretty sure she's never heard of the Stone Roses either. She knows better than to play Westlife though...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

This is the lad who thinks pear belongs in a sandwich... probably puts tomato in a fruit salad just to be different.

Thomond hand in your MRSC membership and your John Hayes pyjamas!

I really hate Connacht.

I really hate Connacht.

Must try harder. We know you really don't. You just hate losing to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

This came up for discussion during Scotland-Wales and I thought someone here might know the answer. It's about British peerage system.

Supposedly anyone with the top two ranks, KBE or GBE, are entitled to the term "sir".

Alex Ferguson is a CBE. He is the 3rd rank.

Why is he known as Sir Alex Ferguson? Is there some exception for Scots?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

This came up for discussion during Scotland-Wales and I thought someone here might know the answer. It's about British peerage system.

Supposedly anyone with the top two ranks, KBE or GBE, are entitled to the term "sir".

Alex Ferguson is a CBE. He is the 3rd rank.

Why is he known as Sir Alex Ferguson? Is there some exception for Scots?

You can be knighted seperately to being a KBE or GBE.

Ferguson was made a CBE in '94 but knighted in '99.

You can be knighted seperately to being a KBE or GBE.

Ferguson was made a CBE in '94 but knighted in '99.

That's too confusing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I see Padraig Harringtons twitter account has gotten a bit racier these times!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That's too confusing for me.

It's a bit of a ridiculous system alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

When you’re listening to the Stone Roses and your girlfriend asks you why you’re listening to country music, is it time for a trade in?

If you want I can have her killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone watching Altered Carbon yet? Can't decide if I like it yet...

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just spent the past two hours building a baby changing table. My hands were not build for manual work, sore and blistered!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    Just spent the past two hours building a baby changing table. My hands were not build for manual work, sore and blistered!

Wait till you've to deal with a liquid bilous green nappy one night where you've volunteered to let the missus sleep and you are doing night feeds :pac:

Stheno wrote: »
    Wait till you've to deal with a liquid bilous green nappy one night where you've volunteered to let the missus sleep and you are doing night feeds :pac:
    Won't be for a while, one benefit of not having tits.

• awec wrote: »
    Won't be for a while, one benefit of not having tits.

74IbDwS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

HON the Eagles

wp_rathead wrote: »
    HON the Eagles

Tis an easy choice for us, a team in green with an eagle logo. Bet our season ticket is cheaper though...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What team is the old guy playing For?

Stheno wrote: »
    What team is the old guy playing For?
    Patriots if you mean Brady?

I'm watching this, Brady ran with the ball at one point and it looked like he was running in treacle.

P.S half time show is pure garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

awec wrote: »
    Patriots if you mean Brady?

I'm watching this, Brady ran with the ball at one point and it looked like he was running in treacle.

P.S half time show is pure garbage.

Thought the same. I'm faster than he is, and I'm 16 stone.

Agreed on Timberlake. Pure ****e.

Thought the same. I'm faster than he is, and I'm 16 stone.

Agreed on Timberlake. Pure ****e.
    Mike Ross would have chased him down. That's today's Mike Ross too after almost a year of retirement.

I think us Europeans would be mortified by this half time bollocks, but the americans seem to lap this cheesy nonsense up. I wouldn't be seen dead prancing around with Justin Timberlake.

I'm liking the Tide ads mind you.

Yeah Brady

Who's winning?

Phi 22 - 12 NE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I must say, watching the Superbowl in a bar in New York surrounded by Patriots fans was great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I enjoyed that game quite a lot. Glad Phili won it. My best friend lives there, I've only ever gone to the USA to visit him. So happy days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Pah, stupid CET. Couldn't really justify staying up past half time as it was already 0200. Was a great first half, trying to catch up on the second half today at some point Nice to see the good guys won.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Tis an easy choice for us, a team in green with an eagle logo. Bet our season ticket is cheaper though...

Some season for the Eagles
    Win the Superbowl but can't get out of the group stages of the B&I Cup

• Advertisement

I am all up for heading to an Eagles game dressed up as NFL fans and doing a ridiculous barbecue before the game while doing this a lot:

giphy.gif

Also would need to shout "Woo yeah!" a lot

Preferably a game against Leinster A in Donnybrook in order to cut down on travel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement