Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August weather ONLY MOD NOTE : #213

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Hi, I am organising an event on Saturday. Can the experts give me their opinion on Saturday weather in Galway.

Ken, if you are about, would appreciate your input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Met Eireann are fairly low-key this morning regarding the coming week. As in they aren't talking up a hot or even warm spell of any sort. In contrast to MT who mentions 25C in his forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

dopolahpec wrote: »
    Met Eireann are fairly low-key this morning regarding the coming week. As in they aren't talking up a hot or even warm spell of any sort. In contrast to MT who mentions 25C in his forecast.

You just have to take a look at the latest ECM to see why. Big downgrade from a couple of days ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

A bit off topic, but I know there's a few here who'll enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

25C still possible in some areas, most likely Mid-Western areas, in any sunshine from Thursday to Monday. Problem is showers or longer spells of rain are also likely with the low being so close by. Just to mention, nothing even remotely "Heatwave" like showing up on either GFS or ECM. ECM actually looking quite autumnal later in the run. Could change though, as we seen in the past few days how quick things can turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Duiske wrote: »
    25C still possible in some areas, most likely Mid-Western areas, in any sunshine from Thursday to Monday. Problem is showers or longer spells of rain are also likely with the low being so close by. Just to mention, nothing even remotely "Heatwave" like showing up on either GFS or ECM. ECM actually looking quite autumnal later in the run. Could change though, as we seen in the past few days how quick things can turn around.

Well if this morning's GFS 6z and to a lesser extent the ECM 0z are to be believed the Azores high is still set to make a significant push over the coming days, with lovely weather establishing itself by the end of August.

I would say to anyone going to the Electric Picnic it is now odds on to be a beautiful weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭highdef

I would say to anyone going to the Electric Picnic it is now odds on to be a beautiful weekend.

Oh I'm keeping a VERY close eye on the forecasts for the EP weekend. They were looking a bit iffy for a while but nothing but improvements over the past few days. If the current forecasts continue, it'll be looking like a pretty epic weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Everything looks set fair for fair weather right into early September (which is the nicest month of the year for my money, as it usually behaves itself).

22.6 out there right now and could be that in three weeks, which would be

LouisBalfour.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Well if this morning's GFS 6z and to a lesser extent the ECM 0z are to be believed the Azores high is still set to make a significant push over the coming days, with lovely weather establishing itself by the end of August.

Wouldn't be the first time this has happened just as the kids go back to school either. A few nice weeks in September always shortens the winter.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

turned into a lovely evening in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

you can only laugh at this satellite image, it looks like the island has been whitewashed by a gigantic brush.......... or is this what Ireland will look like next winter with extensive snow cover?
    http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

How did the OP's forecast pan out in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I'm going to wrap this one up - it's now September 6th so lets move on

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement