Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to meet up with other kayakers in South East/ Waterford

• 16-03-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I recently moved back to Ireland in January after a spell of 7 years in the UK (London).

While I was there I got into the Kayaking bug (and canoeing too) and got pretty good at it, got 3-star BCU sea kayaking, and would consider myself about the same in white water kayaking too, though level of confidence is probably higher in sea kayaking.

Would like to meet up with other kayakers and go boating, considering how spoilt I am for sea kayaking around here.

It seems quiet here; has all the conversation gone to other forums, or drifted onto facebook/whatsapp groups? Any clubs in my area? Waterford City?

My partner also kayaks, but an energetic toddler has limited her ability to partake.

For reference, my WW skill level was about continuous grade 3 at its peak,roll was good, but its gone a bit to the dogs since.

Sea Kayaking OTOH was a good bit better, have done kayak touring (no guides) in scottish hebrides, kayak surfing, tideraces etc. Have a good pace/stamina too - well able for 30km + paddles, long distance off shore etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭tphase

look up Irish Sea Kayaking Association

Advertisement