Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia new models 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Brochure on dacia.fr, the 65 bhp engine petrol does 0-100 km/h in 16.7 seconds, the 100 bhp dual fuel is about 5 secs quicker than that.

The Access model (that we probably won't get) has no radio or aircon, it has LED lights and front electric windows and a radio preparation which I think is used with a smartphone. Access model only available with the 65 bhp engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That smartphone setup is one of the most idiotic things I’ve seen on a car.

prices are available to download from dacia.de.
    €8490 for base spec
    €8890 for base spec plus body coloured bumpers, wheeltrims, DAB radio, cruise control, fog lamps, split rearseat and remote central locking.

The Gas powered versions seem to be an absolute bargain at only 100 euro more than the petrol turbo version with none of the disadvantages of a modern complicated diesel engine.
    Autogas costs around half the price of Petrol(although a litre won't take you quite as far).

3 year warranty standard and extended service packages are really cheap.
    The German review of the car which I watched mentioned that the Sandero has been the largest selling car bought privately in Europe for the last three years.

Cableless connection for Android to the audio system is unusual for this class of car.

I can see the hire companies in the airport buying these by the bucketload as there is both CVT and manual version available. Unlike the last one which was absolutely horrible you'll be happy enough to drive.

Getting very good reviews on Autocar and Autoexpress, described as a night and day improvement on the old car. The worst thing they can say about it is that it's not as refined as a Clio and can't be steered with the throttle like a Fiesta - as if the latter is a priority for buyers of 1.0 litre superminis

Any word on Irish pricing yet. We know it will be thousands cheaper than its competitors but just how much cheaper - plus the option of LPG which nobody else is offering.

Anyone thinking of ordering a new Fiesta, Clio, Yaris, Polo an existing model Sandero or weighing up petrol vs electric would do well to wait,

The Sandero is the What Car car of the year 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Sandero is the What Car car of the year 2021.

TangibleWeeklyCrocodileskink-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The new Logan saloon looks relatively decent.

A5-C0-A08-B-3257-4437-A843-AC03-F6-BCD75-B.jpg

That looks good alright
    Dacia Ireland should be selling the saloon as it would be popular with their target audience in Ireland but their marketing people see Ireland as Western Europe where people don't buy saloons.

I am sure if enough Irish people enquired or Dacia Ireland asked for it it could come here and do relatively well.
    They don’t really buy saloons any more though.

The Corolla Saloon still sells well and so does the VW Passat saloon. The Renault Megane saloon does good still too. Not really much other choice unless you want a posh German saloon from the big 3 or a posh Japanese one from Lexus. That's it really
    I think there would be a market for the Dacia saloon if they brought it here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The new Logan saloon looks relatively decent.

A5-C0-A08-B-3257-4437-A843-AC03-F6-BCD75-B.jpg

Modern day incarnation of this cart of crap

2008-chevrolet-aveo-ls-4-door-sedan-angular-front.png?fit=around%7C875:492.1875

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The Daewoo/Chevy was unbelievably reliable,

The Daewoo/Chevy was unbelievably reliable,

Of course it was, it had no components even vaguely related to a modern car.

One of them tried to kill me :D

• Advertisement
    Ms

The difference is the Dacia is in a whole different league compared to that other piece of crap.

The Dacia will actually be a nice car and is designed well. That other yoke was as you say a pos.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    The difference is the Dacia is in a whole different league compared to that other piece of crap.

The Dacia will actually be a nice car and is designed well. That other yoke was as you say a pos.

Just configured one on Dacia.ro, haven't seen wheels (and they're the same ones in the press pic above, I upgraded them because I am a decadent Westerner) look as lost in the arches on a car since.....well the Chevy Aveo

ONE_CF_DACIA_RECAP_HERO.png?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fro.co.rplug.renault.com%2Fc%2FBABDv%2FAfefkTbCvQ

Just configured one on Dacia.ro, haven't seen wheels (and they're the same ones in the press pic above, I upgraded them because I am a decadent Westerner) look as lost in the arches on a car since.....well the Chevy Aveo

ONE_CF_DACIA_RECAP_HERO.png?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fro.co.rplug.renault.com%2Fc%2FBABDv%2FAfefkTbCvQ
    I'd expect Romania to deliver with a higher ride height than western European countries. Many manufacturers do the same.

Ms

I think they look grand. Some room for suspension travel so it can offer a good ride.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Of course it was, it had no components even vaguely related to a modern car.

One of them tried to kill me :D

92-2000 Corsa, Dacia is based on same era Clio

Which Dacia is based on that era Clio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I think the Dacias look grand, except for the logan estate which looks a bit awkward. I can't remember the last time I saw a run of the mill priced car that looked good. Most manufacturers seem to have a Russian doll approach when it comes to styling.

Ms

You are right that the Sandero is based on an old Clio platform at least the last one anyway but not as old as that. I think it is the 2004 to 2011 Clio platform it was based on but could be wrong. I am sure someone in here more knowledgeable will know

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zinca

prices are available to download from dacia.de.
    €8490 for base spec
    €8890 for base spec plus body coloured bumpers, wheeltrims, DAB radio, cruise control, fog lamps, split rearseat and remote central locking.

The Gas powered versions seem to be an absolute bargain at only 100 euro more than the petrol turbo version with none of the disadvantages of a modern complicated diesel engine.
    Autogas costs around half the price of Petrol(although a litre won't take you quite as far).

3 year warranty standard and extended service packages are really cheap.
    The German review of the car which I watched mentioned that the Sandero has been the largest selling car bought privately in Europe for the last three years.

Cableless connection for Android to the audio system is unusual for this class of car.

I can see the hire companies in the airport buying these by the bucketload as there is both CVT and manual version available. Unlike the last one which was absolutely horrible you'll be happy enough to drive.

Is it possible to buy new Dacia with LPG in Ireland? Did you check it?

Don't know. Website FAQ says no.
    https://www.dacia.ie/faq.html

Seeing as Ireland uses the same ACME connector as Germany rather than bowl connector I'd guess there is a tick box somewhere on the factory order form/BOM where the Dealer if they were motivated could tick for LPG but I doubt Dacia Ireland want the complication.
    I'd see it as a huge marketing opportunity for Dacia Ireland but they probably won't seize it.
    No LPG models, No EV models for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Don't know. Website FAQ says no.

Seeing as Ireland uses the same ACME connector as Germany rather than bowl connector I'd guess there is a tick box somewhere on the factory order form/BOM where the Dealer if they were motivated could tick for LPG but I doubt Dacia Ireland want the complication.
    I'd see it as a huge marketing opportunity for Dacia Ireland but they probably won't seize it.
    No LPG models, No EV models for Ireland.

Thanks. I knew it. Everything opposite in this country... I'd be happy to spend even €1000 more for LPG converted car than to keep this money in the bank.

Ms

zinca wrote: »
    Thanks. I knew it. Everything opposite in this country... I'd be happy to spend even €1000 more for LPG converted car than to keep this money in the bank.

Well go to Dacia and let them know you are interested then by both going online and going to a dealer if you can. The more interest the more changes they will bring them here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Well go to Dacia and let them know you are interested then by both going online and going to a dealer if you can. The more interest the more changes they will bring them here.

will try

Still no mention of prices on dacia.ie and no mention of the new car in the product range section. There is an easily missed link to a virtual showroom which mentions the new car but that link points to the Dacia UK site and UK prices.

In other countries, prices for the new car were published many weeks ago.

Yeah we're in lockdown but surely they can come up with something to promote it better than that. Or would they have stock of the old model that they'll be trying to offload once conditions allow and trying to deny the existence of the new one until that's completed.

As for LPG, LPG versions of the old/current Sandero and prices were listed on dacia.ie a few months ago, I posted about it in this forum. Now I can't find any mention. Was the listing of LPG on dacia.ie an error, were they ever selling them here?

Beep beep.ie saying no gas or petrol/gas cars registered new in 2020

The new Sandero doesn't have an exhaust back box.

https://youtu.be/viP1goy2bOQ?t=1446

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Still no mention of prices on dacia.ie and no mention of the new car in the product range section. There is an easily missed link to a virtual showroom which mentions the new car but that link points to the Dacia UK site and UK prices.

In other countries, prices for the new car were published many weeks ago.

Yeah we're in lockdown but surely they can come up with something to promote it better than that. Or would they have stock of the old model that they'll be trying to offload once conditions allow and trying to deny the existence of the new one until that's completed.

There's probably still a load of Sanderos still in stock they'll want to Offload. That happened with the model that's out now. They probably won't appear here till around August anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trundelvagen

The Dacia website says "we do things differently".

They certainly do. I see prices have risen by about €250 in the last month.

A strange way of trying to offload inferior superceded models when a much improved one is on the way.

If I was them, I'd be selling them off at cost price to get them out of the showrooms before the new model arrives.

That’s probably the VAT increase?
    They gave the 2% off last year.

• Advertisement
    Ms

The Dacia website says "we do things differently".

They certainly do. I see prices have risen by about €250 in the last month.

A strange way of trying to offload inferior superceded models when a much improved one is on the way.

If I was them, I'd be selling them off at cost price to get them out of the showrooms before the new model arrives.
    Agreed. They should be loading them up with extra's and trying to sell them as soon as they can. No doubt lockdown has not helped with there plans in anyway. When Kia brought out the new MK4 Sportage they sold the MK3 models out with all the kit for less than they were originally. That's what Dacia should be doing.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement