Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim wetsuit ok for surf play with kids?

• 12-06-2021 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a swim wetsuit (orca S4). I'll be at beach for a few weeks in west Ireland with the kids, wondering if a swim wetsuit is robust enough for messing around on beach and water boards etc, or likely will get ripped/thrashed, so better to get a cheap and cheerful surf wetsuit instead for that type of activity. What would the boards people suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dubbrin

Owning both I would say that the swim wetsuit is going to get damaged. Considering you can rip it by pulling it on too energetically. Surf/other wetsuits are made to withstand and amount wear and tear. WIth summertime water temperatures you might do well with a shortie, a thermal rashie+swim suit or as you say something cheap

Advertisement