Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oil stain on tan boots

Options
  • 27-01-2020 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Looks like a dropped a blob of oil onto my tan boots causing a noticible black stain on them

Anyone know a home fix for this? I've heard hairspray works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I would think hairspray would just fix the stain in. Try brown paper and a warm iron. If it was actual black oil as opposed to clear stuff, you're probably goosed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks. No, I think it was just a drop of Olive Oil.
    I tried warm soapy water lsat night which seems to have lessened the stain - but will have a better look at it tonight when i get home.
    If its still noticable I'll give the hairspray a try.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Diceicle wrote: »
    Thanks. No, I think it was just a drop of Olive Oil.
    I tried warm soapy water lsat night which seems to have lessened the stain - but will have a better look at it tonight when i get home.
    If its still noticable I'll give the hairspray a try.
    Thanks.

Would you not try the iron and brown paper suggestion above first? It's a proven method for removing grease stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Diceicle wrote: »
    Looks like a dropped a blob of oil onto my tan boots causing a noticible black stain on them

Anyone know a home fix for this? I've heard hairspray works.

What's the tan bit made of. Leather? synthetic?

Advertisement