Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exercise Bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,769 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Go with the proform, the build quality of their stuff is exceptional...

I have this, about 100 euros over your budget though. Brilliant bike. If you could stretch... it’s a brilliantly comfortable, recumbent and well designed and built machine.

https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/Fitness/Home-Gym-Equipment/Home-Gym-Delivery/ProForm-325-CSX%2B-Recumbent-Bike/p/000000000001100023

• Registered Users Posts: 10 melissajeffrey

I have one exercise bike which I bought last month through Bluefin Fitness coupon codes, my friend suggested me to buy from there, because she's a trainer, and I was looking for home workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

I have also been looking at he Proform 210. The recumbant doesn't seem to be available now. But I'm very short, only 151cm, and previously have struggled with some of the models in the gym. Arm reach being the biggest problem. I am about to email Elverys to ask but does anyone have any practical experience of bikes for short people.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Looking at the Proform in Elverys too. Are they compatible with ifit? It says on the ad that they are but amazon reviews suggest otherwise.

Thanks.

Strumms wrote: »
    Go with the proform, the build quality of their stuff is exceptional...

I have this, about 100 euros over your budget though. Brilliant bike. If you could stretch... it’s a brilliantly comfortable, recumbent and well designed and built machine.

https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/Fitness/Home-Gym-Equipment/Home-Gym-Delivery/ProForm-325-CSX%2B-Recumbent-Bike/p/000000000001100023

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

Not sure to be honest, but a quick google states the Proform is compatible with ifit and also Elverys are advertising it as being compatible too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Proform and Nordictrack are the same company. They both work with ifit.

If ifit is worth the bother is a completely separate thing though.

I've just pre-ordered the Proform 210. Here's hoping it suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

Might be a silly question but do any exercise bikes link with strava or android health apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

Went to order the proform yesterday and went out of stock while in my basket. Can anyone recommend another one?

I'm currently using old fold up golds gym one and the pedal keeps falling off.

Or if anyone bought the proform and doesn't like it, I'll give you the full price for it.

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Went to order the proform yesterday and went out of stock while in my basket. Can anyone recommend another one?

I'm currently using old fold up golds gym one and the pedal keeps falling off.

Or if anyone bought the proform and doesn't like it, I'll give you the full price for it.

I'm still waiting on mine, was on preorder for Feb 5th but not heard a thing yet. I emailed them on Thursday and no answer, might call them today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Same boat. Ordered mid Jan. No word since

No response to my email, no answer on customer service helpline and order tracking just says in progress.

Apparently the 10-15 day delivery window starts on the day they became avaliable again. I think that was the 6th? In which case they won't be delivered until the end of next week.

Anyone have their proform bike delivered? Mine ordered since 28th jan and impossible to contact elverys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I have been looking for an exercise bike. The range is enormous. Not limiting myself to Irish only based suppliers. What brands are good ? Want to be able to collect also to exercise apps which exercising also. Max budget 500 euro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Very similar thread just a little bit down, on the front page of this forum...

Exercise bike
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058151090

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Slimity wrote: »
    Anyone have their proform bike delivered? Mine ordered since 28th jan and impossible to contact elverys.

Same here - ordered the proform bike on 31st Jan. No answer from any of their numbers. Also, their website order tracker can't find the order.

Very, very poor stuff. I'm close to cancelling the order and won't ever shop there again.

Same here - ordered the proform bike on 31st Jan. No answer from any of their numbers. Also, their website order tracker can't find the order.

Very, very poor stuff. I'm close to cancelling the order and won't ever shop there again.

The bike arrived this morning - out of the blue!:rolleyes:

The bike arrived this morning - out of the blue!:rolleyes:

Still nothing showing on their website?

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Still nothing showing on their website?

Nada...unbelievable really

• Advertisement

Nada...unbelievable really

Thanks, hopefully mine doesn't take too long now.

Glad you got sorted. Still no sign of mine.

Appalling customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Does anyone here have a NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle?

Email back from elverys re proform ordered mid Jan

Thanks for your query. Your pre-ordered item arrived in later than planned, but we have now received these into our Distribution Centre. The bikes are being allocated out to our Home Delivery partners, and will be delivered as soon as possible, please note deliveries can take from 7-15 working days from arriving into our Distribution Centre. Our Home Delivery Team will be in touch with you in advance to confirm a date and time for delivery.

Email back from elverys re proform ordered mid Jan

Thanks for your query. Your pre-ordered item arrived in later than planned, but we have now received these into our Distribution Centre. The bikes are being allocated out to our Home Delivery partners, and will be delivered as soon as possible, please note deliveries can take from 7-15 working days from arriving into our Distribution Centre. Our Home Delivery Team will be in touch with you in advance to confirm a date and time for delivery.

Exact same here too, so looks like it should arrive soon. And while the message is a copy I reckon a real person sent it because they spelled my name wrong

Ordered mine on the 15th of Feb. Got a text to say it'll be delivered tomorrow. So they should all arrive soon.

By the way - the 'free' ifit 1 year subscription seems to be a false claim.

I registered my bike as per instructions and there's no sign of a code to claim the subscription - the app is still trying to charge me 14.99 a month!

Some chance of getting anywhere on that with Elverys customer services!

If that's the case, mine is definitely getting cancelled or going back if it does eventually arrive.

I registered my bike as per instructions and there's no sign of a code to claim the subscription - the app is still trying to charge me 14.99 a month!

Simply email salesuk@iconeurope.com with your proof of purchase to receive your activation code.

Did you contact that crowd?

Delivery tomorrow. Just a month later. Much work in putting it together?

• Advertisement

Simply email salesuk@iconeurope.com with your proof of purchase to receive your activation code.

Did you contact that crowd?

Delivery tomorrow. Just a month later. Much work in putting it together?

Nope - haven't tried that but I will thanks!

The assembly was easy enough - about 30-40 mins. I did it by myself without any problems - even though it says you need two people. The trickiest bit is the handlebar shaft with the wiring - just pay very close attention to the instructions and you'll be fine. Very sturdy bike - very happy with it.

Advertisement