Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Does YouTube premium give access to YouTube music?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Morgans

Tried with N26 account, and then with regular card and getting error saying that Google Pay isnt available in my country. Random Indian address added. Will review again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

dodzy wrote: »
    Off topic I know. We’ve done it with Netflix, now YT premium. I wonder is it possible to switch Spotify family premium to, let’s say, India?

Possible, but Spotify makes it much more difficult, as you also have to have payment from the country you're signing on. There is another annoyance: you get local suggestions for very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks OP, fairly painless process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

grogi wrote: »
    Possible, but Spotify makes it much more difficult, as you also have to have payment from the country you're signing on. There is another annoyance: you get local suggestions for very long time.

Tidal is same and you can get a Turkish plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks OP.
    Finally took the plunge and signed the family up.
    Hopefully Google don't get nasty about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Attachment not found.
    msmx5 wrote: »
    FYI:
    Argentina Price is:-
    119 ARS = €1.15 pm for Youtube Premium
    179 ARS = €1.72 pm for Youtube Premium Family

Did a little more research but ARS still seems to be the best.

539933.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Thanks for this.
    Worked a treat. I'm all set up with a family account.
    Shame you can't pay for a year in 1 go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Is the cheaper Argentinian price over India negated by any additional digital streaming tax that has affected Netflix subscriptions in Argentina last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Once you've set it up can you change the payment method to use Three credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Says I'm gonna be charged 149 ARS for a family account even cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I've read all of the posts here and I just want to be sure I understand this.
    If I set up family first then add accounts to the family and then go premium while using a VPN set to Argentina I get a family account for €1.72.

If I only start out with 2 amounts in the family, can I add more (limit is 5 I understand) without issue or does the family have to be set in stone before going premium?

SickBoy wrote: »
    I've read all of the posts here and I just want to be sure I understand this.
    If I set up family first then add accounts to the family and then go premium while using a VPN set to Argentina I get a family account for €1.72.

If I only start out with 2 amounts in the family, can I add more (limit is 5 I understand) without issue or does the family have to be set in stone before going premium?

Appears the issue is that it'll want the added members to have Argentina addresses too. Easier to set up the family prior to signing up to premium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

TheDriver wrote: »
    Appears the issue is that it'll want the added members to have Argentina addresses too. Easier to set up the family prior to signing up to premium

Some posters have said they have added family members afterwards no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Nigzcurran wrote: »

This is what is confusing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I did if about 6 months ago. Once I had it set up I sent the invites to family members and they were just able to click accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

Just to repeat a question can you cancel your Google drive sub and take it out in india as well and save on the €1.99 per month similar to premium?

Also interested to hear ideas on this. I've read some details of people losing their data as they had different billing and account addresses or something and google blocked their accounts. I currently pay 20e a year for the 100GB drive and wouldn't want to mess/risk that but thinking maybe I can set up a dummy email address and add my good one as a family member (along with the actual family) and go that way. That way I'll still have to pay the 20 a year for drive but have yt premium for cheap and no risk as I haven't touched any billing info on my good account.
    Only downside is losing a family member slot with the dummy address but no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Bus Wanker wrote: »
    Also interested to hear ideas on this. I've read some details of people losing their data as they had different billing and account addresses or something and google blocked their accounts. I currently pay 20e a year for the 100GB drive and wouldn't want to mess/risk that but thinking maybe I can set up a dummy email address and add my good one as a family member (along with the actual family) and go that way. That way I'll still have to pay the 20 a year for drive but have yt premium for cheap and no risk as I haven't touched any billing info on my good account.
    Only downside is losing a family member slot with the dummy address but no biggie.

That's actually a very good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Nigzcurran wrote: »

Yeah it worked for me this week added another member to my family and it worked without issue. I think you need to make sure they don't have a payment card or sub for say google drive tied to their Gmail address you are adding. But that's just me guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The only issue I had was my wife had set up a free Google family account already herself. She was using it to back up photos of the kids.

I had to create a new e-mail address for her just for YouTube as it was very awkward to cancel her current family account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I'm trying to add a family member in ireland and it is saying that she's ina different countfy so it won't let her join. Any help is appreciated.
    Also anyone added people that are abroad somewhere in Europe

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah it worked for me this week added another member to my family and it worked without issue. I think you need to make sure they don't have a payment card or sub for say google drive tied to their Gmail address you are adding. But that's just me guessing

When I log into my account google account, and try and purchase additional storage, regardless of which country I have selected on my vpn, the google prices are staying in Euro for me

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

I'm trying to add a family member in ireland and it is saying that she's ina different countfy so it won't let her join. Any help is appreciated.
    Also anyone added people that are abroad somewhere in Europe

Have you already set up the subscription or is this beforehand?

You can try getting them to delete any payment cards they have against their account, so it doesn't see them as tied to their current country. It really wants you to be in the same country to be a Family, but it seems it does that by seeing where the payment card billing address is, and you can't, I believe, add a different country from the one you are in unless your use a VPN.
    It's, er, how the whole hack works.

So, first thing's first, get them to delete any payment cards on their account and get them to try the invite again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Aquos76 wrote: »
    When I log into my account google account, and try and purchase additional storage, regardless of which country I have selected on my vpn, the google prices are staying in Euro for me

Yeah google storage stays in Euros tried cancelling it and subscribing via vpn to India and it stayed in Euros. I'll leave it be and just enjoy my cheap youtube premium

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Just set up a family premium account using Argentina as for some reason when connected to India via my VPN (Express VPN) it kept wanting to charge me in UAE Dirham!!

6 family members for 179 Argentinian Peso's works out at €1.75 per month or €0.30 per head.

Thanks OP!!

FYI I used the Irish Embassy in Buenos Aires as my billing address :-)

The irony being the OP wanted to share an Irish membership.......

I used some interesting NGO address in BA, amazing what Google will find you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just changed to India and now works out at 2.13 a month for Family membership. My VPN didn't have Argentina as an option so just went with India as the cheapest available.

Got the Deezer deal here a few years ago and I need an option for when my card expires. When my current card expires, Deezer requires my new card to be from the same location as the account.

Back then Deezer became aware of this VPN account creation, as so many people put in requests to change there account to Irish when they bought the 2 years in advance. They refunded anyone that made the query and closed their Turkish account forcing them to sign up on Irish accounts if they wanted one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thanks OP
    Turkey on Express vpn is showing euro. India is showing as United Emirates. Argentina however worked perfectly. Got a month free trial and then less than 2 euro per month for family membership. To think that for 2 euro per month I'll have no more pesky ads

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Ush1 wrote: »
    Says I'm gonna be charged 149 ARS for a family account even cheaper?

Just so you are aware the 149 ARS plan is the Youtube Music Family plan - doesn't include ad-free Youtube Videos. I've updated the table:-

539933.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

msmx5 wrote: »
    Just so you are aware the 149 ARS plan is the Youtube Music Family plan - doesn't include ad-free Youtube Videos. I've updated the table:-

539933.JPG

Mine does. I have ad free YouTube and the full music features.

Advertisement