Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Does the Zoe function use up more storage than regular photos? From what I can see, it looks like a cool feature, but surely it means each file is huge compared to a single snapshot? Is there a way to take a Zoe sequence, save the best frame and easily delete everything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Using Zoe fills your Dropbox in no time - its a cool feature and makes great snapshot short videos of events. Just keep transferring photos off your phone and cleaning up your dropbox account regularly :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Does anyone use the TV Remote feature? Was messing with it last night and got it working with the telly, but couldnt get it working with the UPC box.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Does anyone use the TV Remote feature? Was messing with it last night and got it working with the telly, but couldnt get it working with the UPC box.

Go through the wizard and pick the type of box you have rather than selecting UPC. I have the horizon box so I selected Samsung and it's working away. It's only ok so far but useful for when you are too lazy to reach for the remote!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

goose06 wrote: »
    Go through the wizard and pick the type of box you have rather than selecting UPC. I have the horizon box so I selected Samsung and it's working away. It's only ok so far but useful for when you are too lazy to reach for the remote!

The place I use it is at work, they have the tv's on way to loud sometimes and great to slyly turn it down without anyone knowing. can also freak out a few people with common samsung tv's.

more of a gimmick that a real replacement...

• Advertisement

The place I use it is at work, they have the tv's on way to loud sometimes and great to slyly turn it down without anyone knowing. can also freak out a few people with common samsung tv's.

more of a gimmick that a real replacement...

Hah, reminded me of a mate who had a tv remote control watch thingy back in the day. he'd look for people with the sitting room curtain open with a view of the tv and he'd changed the channels or turn up the sound and watch the confusion inside. great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Hah, reminded me of a mate who had a tv remote control watch thingy back in the day. he'd look for people with the sitting room curtain open with a view of the tv and he'd changed the channels or turn up the sound and watch the confusion inside. great fun :D

I have my HTC One a few weeks now and one of the first things I did was set up the TV remote but I didn't tell anyone in the house that it has this feature. My kids are convinced that the TV is haunted at this stage, I love messing with their heads. I never thought of doing it to the neighbours though, that's my next mission!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Have you any idea what the standard HD+ PVR box is? Not sure if its Pace or Samsung or what. I must try Google it. If I could change the channel on the UPC box, that'd be perfect.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Have you any idea what the standard HD+ PVR box is? Not sure if its Pace or Samsung or what. I must try Google it. If I could change the channel on the UPC box, that'd be perfect.

It should be branded somewhere on the box or pop over to the Talk to UPC forum the Reps there should be able to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any calendar that will allow me to add photographs to an event?

• Advertisement

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Blinkfeed doesn't refresh very often for me at all, maybe three or four times a day. You can always do a manual refresh too.

I found that too, even after a refresh there aren't that many new updates....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Hi, I asked this on the android games & app thread, but no result.
    I'm looking for an app that records both sides of a phone conversation on a HTC ONE x
    Is there anything that works out there? Call Recorder & Automatic Call Recorder don't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Hi, I asked this on the android games & app thread, but no result.
    I'm looking for an app that records both sides of a phone conversation on a HTC ONE x
    Is there anything that works out there? Call Recorder & Automatic Call Recorder don't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated

Its to do with the kernel. On Stock you can only record via the microphone. If you root the phone and flash a new kernel you will be able to two way record. XDA forum is your friend here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

dinneenp wrote: »
    I found that too, even after a refresh there aren't that many new updates....

I just disabled it and installed a custom launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

how yis .. i got the HTC ONE last week from a guy and i think its bee rooted and stuff i found that there is THIS on there .. i was wondering if i flash it with the original software will it relock the phone or how do i know if it is unlocked ?

also i cant see how to update the software either as there is no tab on the "about" section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Root != unlocked

You can test if it is unlocked by putting in another operator's sim. You can restore to stock by following one of the the guides online, at xdadevelopers for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

OTA 4.2 update for the HTC ONE X is now downloading :) \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

MoodeRator wrote: »
    OTA 4.2 update for the HTC ONE X is now downloading :) \o/

man root that muthf***er, flash a custom rom and get those updates faster :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1536

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

ARHD or Viper for HTC One - that's the question :confused:

ARHD or Viper for HTC One - that's the question :confused:

I've flashed both and used ARHD for about 3 weeks.
    Only reason I ended up with Venom was for the enhanced settings and notification menu. plus OTA updates. ARHD doesn't offer this which really was the main reason I went with Venom. I now have quick access to gps/wifi/bluetooth etc and a host of others not previously in the standard bar.
    Maximus is another pretty much stock rom that does OTA as well...currently based on 4.3jb.

I also installed elementalx kernel for added features..pretty nifty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Blazer wrote: »

I also installed elementalx kernel for added features..pretty nifty :)

What added features does this have?

What added features does this have?

allows you to underclock/overclock the cpu/gpu.
    Also allows you to use swipe bottom buttons to wake/sleep the device and use just about the htc logo to wake it up..highly recommended :)

If you do install only undervolt to 775mv not any lower as that can cause some apps to hang. I've mine set to 775 and it runs flawlessly.

Anyone explain blink feed please? I set to 442, footy site refreshed and get a blank screen saying no updates. Which can't
    be right as champions league draw was one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Is there any way of disabling automatic network selection? I'm on the border and it goes between networks without me noticing and I'm getting charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Misticles wrote: »
    Is there any way of disabling automatic network selection? I'm on the border and it goes between networks without me noticing and I'm getting charged.

Go to settings, click on Mobile Data, then select Network Operators and choose Select Network. You can then manually put your phone on whichever one you prefer.

can anyone on the latest official stock image on 3 tell me what their firmware is?
    It's in settings/about/build

HTC One 3.09.401.1 is the latest firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there any definitive guide to getting the HTC One Play Edition onto a standard HTC One. I find the battery life is pretty poor on the One compared to my old Nexus 4, considering that the One has a slightly bigger battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there any definitive guide to getting the HTC One Play Edition onto a standard HTC One. I find the battery life is pretty poor on the One compared to my old Nexus 4, considering that the One has a slightly bigger battery.

Check the XDA Forum for the HTC One.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2119

You need to Unlock your Bootloader, using htcdev.com
    Flash a custom recovery, ClockworkMod or TWRP
    The install the ROM of your choosing. If it is Google Play Edition you are looking for I would recommend ARHD GPe.

I don't have a GPe installed on my One so I can't tell you if battery is better or worse but I do have a custom Rom.

nedd wrote: »
    Check the XDA Forum for the HTC One.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2119

You need to Unlock your Bootloader, using htcdev.com
    Flash a custom recovery, ClockworkMod or TWRP
    The install the ROM of your choosing. If it is Google Play Edition you are looking for I would recommend ARHD GPe.

I don't have a GPe installed on my One so I can't tell you if battery is better or worse but I do have a custom Rom.

I tried it and found it very bland compared to Sense. Apparently the differnece between the ARHD with Sense and ARHD GE is pretty minimal battery wise.
    Some great battery savings in that mod. Maximus is also to be pretty good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm used to the Nexus 4 though, and I liked have multiple lock screens with widgets.

Seems like my bootloader can't be unlocked through the HTC site, says my token isn't valid. It's a Vodafone model.

Advertisement