Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20% off Irish Rail for o2 treats customers (and anyone else!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Oracle wrote: »
    Yeah its an unclear booking system. Here's how it works (I think) - if there's no tick box (check box) in the band were the train time is shown, then there's no tickets left for that train. So you'll need to search for another date, train times with the tick boxes will appear. Then just tick the box to select your train time. The rest is easy, just click forward at the end of the page and you can reserve a seat. Next enter the promo code and your payment card details at the checkout.

No, if there's no tick box (check box) in the band were the train time is shown, that means that you can't buy tickets from that station to the particular station of which you are going to. i.e If you want to go from Dublin Pearse to Newry as a previous poster wanted, they would have to book it online from Dublin Connolly to Newry and buy a ticket from Dublin Pearse to Dublin Connolly. I know that this is crazy but that is IR all over. Just like the Bus Eireann's website, you can't book from Dublin to Belfast even that a few months after a long email from me, they said they would do it, it isn't hard to do. It is just an extra option.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks for the clarification Peadar06. Although its a pity you didn't answer Dmaxontour's question yourself, he asked it twice on the previous page.

Oracle wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification Peadar06. Although its a pity you didn't answer Dmaxontour's question yourself, he asked it twice on the previous page.

I worked every day last week, and the times I do post I am trying to help you all get 20% off your train fare, by giving you a code. If you, oracle want to a go at me, do it. I will stop posting codes and you can get someone else to post again. I am very busy in my workplace and I work from 7a.m. every morning up to 9p.m. every night and every second weekend. I am sorry that I didn't get back to dmaxontour quickly, you answered that for me Oracle, well done again.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Sorry if something I said caused offence, I'm not having a go at anyone. Quite the opposite, I posted specifically to thank you for the code and the money it saved me 2 pages back on this thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055982408&page=5

I will say this, if someone goes to the trouble of answering a problem or question on a thread, it's poor form to criticise their answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Peadar06. You have saved me & countless others a fortune by sharing those codes.

My family has had to use Irish Rail a lot over the past few months, and those discount codes are very much appreciated.

Sincere thanks for taking the time to post them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Cheers Peadar,much appreciated dude

These promotions will end on 18/10/2010. Just let you know. I will keep updating these codes when I get them.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'm due to travel on Friday. If anyone would be kind enough to PM a code I would be extremely grateful. Figured I'd ask because last one is supposed to expire today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Code changed, valid until September 17th:
    02T1087

Code changed again. Code is now 2T1085. Code expires on 20/09/2010.

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

cheers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 evie08

Thanks a mill for code

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Thanks for the codes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Just used it now (2T1085) on a train booked for tomorrow and it worked.

Thank you!

Code changed again. Code is now O2T1105. Code expires on 24/09/2010.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Code changed again. Code is now O2T1105. Code expires on 24/09/2010.

Peter

cheers.just used the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Thanks Peader06, have used your codes a few times now. It allows me to get the train I want rather than the cheaper, earlier service!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Ya, thanks Peadar. I've saved a lot. It makes it much easier to visit my family more regularly.
    Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Thank a million, U saved me 20 squid :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Thanks also saved me money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 repeatme3

Many thanks Peadar06, your generosity knows no bounds..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Any codes lying about this morning... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LiquidSquid

New Code has been released; T21106

Expires: 25/09/2010

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Thanks a million LiquidSquid! I can get home now with an extra tenner in my pocket! :D

New Code has been released; T21106

Expires: 25/09/2010

LiquidSquid,

Code is perfect, but it expires on 27/09/2010

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LiquidSquid

Peadar06 wrote: »
    LiquidSquid,

Code is perfect, but it expires on 27/09/2010

Peter

It says the "Voucher codes are valid for 24 hours" on the tickets. I had firstly written the 27th but refreshed the PDF and it said 25th per the PDF I had attached. On the treats information page it now shows the 27th so it must expire by then. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

thanks LiquidSquid, you saved me 8.20!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

Cheers just saved me €3.40 for the third week in a row!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Any new codes around guys?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement