Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shredded chilli chicken

• 01-01-2008 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

hi

i recently had shredded chilli chicken with fried rice from a chinese and it was the nicest thing ive ever had!

anyone know hot to cook this at home? ie where to get a good sauce(hotter the better!), suitable chicken and then some quick cooking instructions

thanks a lot in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Hi,
    I don't know if this would be similair but I make a chilli chicken dish.

Cut chicken into strips, cover with paprika powder.
    Stir fry the chicken, set aside.
    Stir fry chopped onion, pepper (red, green, yellow...) and mushroom for a few minutes.
    Add the chicken again, sprinkle over 2sp (?) coriander, cumin and curry powder.
    Pour in sweet chilli sauce (just enough to coat everything - or more if you like).
    Serve with whatever you like and voila, Hope you like?....;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

in most chineses that sorta chicken is cooked in a tempura like batter. and the chicken is very finely shredded

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tree wrote: »
    in most chineses that sorta chicken is cooked in a tempura like batter. and the chicken is very finely shredded

Where I worked the chicken was shredded and coated in a mixture of cornflour and spices (chinese 5 spice would probably do the trick) and I think it was then dipped in egg white to bind it all together before being thrown in the deep fat fryer.

I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Yea, finely shredded chicken, marinate it in a little 7up, salt and pepper, coat it in cornflour and deep fry it in hot oil so its crispy but not dry.
    you will need
    2 cloves garlic finely chopped
    1/2 a chilli finely chopped,
    1 spring onion finely chopped,
    salt
    pepper
    5 spice
    sesame oil

Fry the garlic, chilli, spring onion in some oil, when you can smell the flavours coming from the pan, add the crispy chicken, toss it around, sprinke over the salt, pepper and 5 spice, toss it a bit more, lastly add a dribble of sesame oil before serving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

thanks for the replies.

il try them out asap!

also where do people get the best chilli sauces? the hot stuff!

• Advertisement
Advertisement