Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-10-2010, 12:32   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD7792 View Post
Hi,

I'm looking to join a club next season but I don't know what to pick.

I've played three or four matches before at various stages and I'm not much good but I love the sport and love playing it.

Basically, I just want to join a team to have a bit of fun.

I live down the road from Clontarf CC and I know a few people who play there so that would be handy. I see they have a sixths team in Division 13. Would that team be serious or would they just be going out with the same mindset as me, looking for some fun?

The other option is Old Belvedere, as I'm sure there will be plenty of my friends going to play there once the LC is done next year. Also, if I wanted to play with my friends it would be more central for everyone if we were to play in their grounds.

I'm just wondering which club is best in terms of what I want, just going out to play a bit of cricket for enjoyment and (although winning isn't a bad thing) not having people scream at me when I drop a catch

Thanks in advance.
personaly i think the tarf is the best and we are starting a 7ths this year so come down if ur interested
the lads are really laid back and play for the love of the game
Advertisement
12-12-2010, 19:53   #152
rusty_racer94

There will be the next season Starting in ClareGalway from April 2011.
By the time you can check Kingfisher in Galway.
12-12-2010, 19:54   #153
rusty_racer94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggieBear View Post
how about a boards cricket club?
We should actually do it!
17-02-2011, 10:33   #154
D3PO

Its that time of the year when cricket season is upon us.

Sandyford CC will begin winter nets this evening in a change from our usual venue.

So anybody interested in playing young, old, new or experienced your more than welcome to pitch up tonight or any Thursday.

St Columbas College 7.30 - 9 pm

directions http://stcolumbas.ie/location.php

Dont worry if you have no equipment we can help you out
04-03-2011, 11:28   #155
D3PO

Just a quick note for anybody interested in joining a club which with a bit of luck will be plenty of you after seeing Ireland TONK England the other day.

Sandyford CC are always on the look out for players of any age, size, shape or ability.

Out winter nets are on Thursdays in St Columbas College but wont take place the following two weeks owing for mock exams & Paddy's day. But we would love to see any new faces form 7.30 pm March 24th.

for any more info please feel free to PM me or to go to www.sandyfordcc.org
Advertisement
08-03-2011, 17:16   #156
Placebo

I'm thinking of picking cricket up again,
I played for a while at belvedere when i was 17-19.
They started to place me in much older teams and pressure got to me and i quit, regret it now, took a few wickets, great fun.

Is there a club that will suit me now? im 26, however i work full time 9-5, castleknock based. What are the general training hours/times, usual match schedules?

cheers
08-03-2011, 17:35   #157
TrueDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
I'm thinking of picking cricket up again,
I played for a while at belvedere when i was 17-19.
They started to place me in much older teams and pressure got to me and i quit, regret it now, took a few wickets, great fun.

Is there a club that will suit me now? im 26, however i work full time 9-5, castleknock based. What are the general training hours/times, usual match schedules?

cheers
From Castleknock, Belvo, Phoenix or Civil service are all within 15 mins drive. I recommend Phoenix, but I'm biased!
08-03-2011, 17:37   #158
TheDrog

Most clubs will always welcome new members. The vast majority of games are on the weekends with trainings taking place different nights according to different clubs and teams. For example in Rush our 1's and 2's trained tuesdays and thursdays last season the 3's trained either with the 4's on a friday or the 1's and 2's depending on ability. For a list of club locations check here http://www.cricketleinster.ie/clubs Old Belvo, Phoenix and Civil service are fairly local for you. Civil service are based in the Phoenix park and play in divisions 3, 6, 10, 11 and 14
Phoenix are also in the park and are in 1, 4, 5, 9, and 12 Belvo are on the Navan road in Cabra and are in 2, 6 and 11
09-03-2011, 17:41   #159
legspin

Balbriggan are starting training in Nth County this sunday starting at 6.30 if anyone is interested. As sonn as the weather is good enough we'll be moving outdoors to the club
Advertisement
11-03-2011, 00:22   #160
roadsmart
Banned

Taverners

Any Taverner teams looking for a game in the coming season? We're a new team, the Diggers based in Glasnevin and we have a couple of fixtures to fill.
31-03-2011, 08:52   #161
Alabama Slamma

Hi,

interested in taking up the old game again... must either be nostalga or just that the world cup bug has bitten )

Played quite a bit in SA when i was younger. last time I played was a 1 off game for merrion (somethings) 4 or 5 years ago.
I'm 31 now and probably passed the sell by date... but would like to give it a lash again.
I'm living in Rathgar, so which clubs would be best considering location and also membership fees.

cheers
31-03-2011, 11:57   #162
D3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Slamma View Post
Hi,

interested in taking up the old game again... must either be nostalga or just that the world cup bug has bitten )

Played quite a bit in SA when i was younger. last time I played was a 1 off game for merrion (somethings) 4 or 5 years ago.
I'm 31 now and probably passed the sell by date... but would like to give it a lash again.
I'm living in Rathgar, so which clubs would be best considering location and also membership fees.

cheers
Leinster in rathmines is the closes & Terenure is close. Couldnt comment on their membership fees

We Sandyford CC would only be too delighted to see you. We have nets tonight in St Columbas 7.30 pm.

Last edited by D3PO; 01-04-2011 at 13:53.
03-04-2011, 22:29   #163
Placebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrog View Post
Most clubs will always welcome new members. The vast majority of games are on the weekends with trainings taking place different nights according to different clubs and teams. For example in Rush our 1's and 2's trained tuesdays and thursdays last season the 3's trained either with the 4's on a friday or the 1's and 2's depending on ability. For a list of club locations check here http://www.cricketleinster.ie/clubs Old Belvo, Phoenix and Civil service are fairly local for you. Civil service are based in the Phoenix park and play in divisions 3, 6, 10, 11 and 14
Phoenix are also in the park and are in 1, 4, 5, 9, and 12 Belvo are on the Navan road in Cabra and are in 2, 6 and 11
Thanks TrueDub/TheDrog
I reckon Phoneix Club is closest to me, im in castleknock. Civil seems bit further up? Those division dont make any sense to me? are they the levels of expertise?
I left a message for Phoneix Club using Contact on their site
04-04-2011, 09:33   #164
D3PO

Quote:
TI reckon Phoneix Club is closest to me, im in castleknock. Civil seems bit further up?
you could throw a blanket over their grounds they are so close together.
04-04-2011, 18:24   #165
TheDrog

Quote:
Thanks TrueDub/TheDrog
I reckon Phoneix Club is closest to me, im in castleknock. Civil seems bit further up? Those division dont make any sense to me? are they the levels of expertise?
I left a message for Phoneix Club using Contact on their site
1 is the highest division, 14 is the lowest, so the more teams lower down the more likely there are to be opportunities for beginners because the standard of play is lower

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion