Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Hi BamesJond,
    We sell lots of the Colorado Bed Frame but in the grey rather than black. The black has actually been discontinued in the last couple of days and has just been removed from our website. Do you like the look of it in the grey?

If you are looking for quality mattress you should be looking at something pocket sprung as they are the higher quality mattresses and give more support. Our biggest selling mattress in the range is our Diamond, please see link attached; https://bigmickey.ie/product/diamond-2000-natural-pocket-sprung/. It is a medium firm pocket sprung mattress.

However, if you are looking for something firmer than this, our Royale mattress is very popular too; https://bigmickey.ie/product/royale-natural-3000-pocket-sprung/

Big Mickey

Thanks again for getting back to me folks.
    Colour of the frame isn't an issue, just wanted to make sure it's not to delicate and is sound build!

Diamond mattress seems ok, will have to consult the boss on it :). What's the best you could do on this for me? The Grey Sleigh frame and diamond mattress in super-king? Would be looking for delivery in Waterford but not in a huge panic for it if that makes any difference!

Cheers folks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Hi

WE have great value in a Hilton Pocket mattress at the moment for on 349 euro and its filled on both sides.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie

Hi Mick,

I cant find that on your site. Could you post a link?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

BamesJond wrote: »
    Thanks again for getting back to me folks.
    Colour of the frame isn't an issue, just wanted to make sure it's not to delicate and is sound build!

Diamond mattress seems ok, will have to consult the boss on it :). What's the best you could do on this for me? The Grey Sleigh frame and diamond mattress in super-king? Would be looking for delivery in Waterford but not in a huge panic for it if that makes any difference!

Cheers folks ðŸ‘

Hi BamesJond,

The Birlea beds are really strong and would be the higher end range of products. The total should be €1548 but we will do it for you for €1400. We have the matttress in stock but have to get the frame into stock so if you are happy to proceed, please pm us your details and we will get the order processing for you.

Bigmickey

Hi Mick,

I cant find that on your site. Could you post a link?

Hi ArtfuDodger,

PM sent to you.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hi Mickey,

I'm looking at ordering a bed frame for our master bedroom, budget is about €600 but I came across the Shoreditch ottoman and like the look of it, do you think this is an ok pick or would you recommend something else similar?

We are also looking for a dark coloured bed (black or dark grey) with a headboard and decent mattress for our second room, if it also has some storage even better. Our budget for this one is this around €500, appreciate any recommendations you have.

• Advertisement

Hi Mickey,

I'm looking at ordering a bed frame for our master bedroom, budget is about €600 but I came across the Shoreditch ottoman and like the look of it, do you think this is an ok pick or would you recommend something else similar?

We are also looking for a dark coloured bed (black or dark grey) with a headboard and decent mattress for our second room, if it also has some storage even better. Our budget for this one is this around €500, appreciate any recommendations you have.

Hi Charliethemixx,

We have sold lots of the Shoreditch beds frames both ottomans and standard frames and have not had any issues with them so far. It is a new enough bed and we have not had one on the shop floor yet to see exactly what its like. It is not an overly expensive bed frame and would be the mid range quality but if you spend more you can also get a stronger bed frame.

In regards to the second bed, our Vogue combo deal is our biggest selling bed in the mid price range. We do the base and mattress combo for €399, you can add drawers for €40 per drawer and a matching headboard for €50. We could do the 2 drawer set with headboard for you for €500 and you can have this in a mid grey or black material.
    https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-bed-set/

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hi Charliethemixx,

We have sold lots of the Shoreditch beds frames both ottomans and standard frames and have not had any issues with them so far. It is a new enough bed and we have not had one on the shop floor yet to see exactly what its like. It is not an overly expensive bed frame and would be the mid range quality but if you spend more you can also get a stronger bed frame.

In regards to the second bed, our Vogue combo deal is our biggest selling bed in the mid price range. We do the base and mattress combo for €399, you can add drawers for €40 per drawer and a matching headboard for €50. We could do the 2 drawer set with headboard for you for €500 and you can have this in a mid grey or black material.
    https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-bed-set/

BigMickey

Thanks, that Vogue combo would be perfect!

Is there a stronger frame you'd recommend over the Shoreditch? It was well under the budget so we don't mind spending a bit more on something that'll last well. Would one of the Birlea ottomans be better quality?

We've been renting for a long while and the bed where we live isn't great, so we are keen to get this right for our new place!

Thanks, that Vogue combo would be perfect!

Is there a stronger frame you'd recommend over the Shoreditch? It was well under the budget so we don't mind spending a bit more on something that'll last well. Would one of the Birlea ottomans be better quality?

We've been renting for a long while and the bed where we live isn't great, so we are keen to get this right for our new place!

Hi charliethemixx,

Yes the Birlea bed frames would be of a stronger quality but it all depends on the style that you are looking for. The Shoreditch bed frame is still a fine bed frame and no issues to date so if you like it we can order it in for you. It is also at a really good price.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

150 euro but much better one for 199 euro

Thanks

M

can you quote me the above plus 2 x

https://www.mattressmick.ie/collections/single-mattresses/products/zeus-mattress-single-3ft

delivery to cork.

Thanks

tinner777 wrote: »

We don't sell that brand. Our site is www.bigmickey.ie.

I have a mixed load came in on Saturday. There should be a couple of singles worth the money on it and would be far better quality than the ones in that link. Let me check and I will get back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Do ye do anything similar to this?

https://www.getlaidbeds.com/wood-beds/low-bed-frames/low-oriental-handmade-wood-bed-frame

Super king size.

Will want a mattress to go with it too.
    Thanks

XsApollo wrote: »
    Do ye do anything similar to this?

https://www.getlaidbeds.com/wood-beds/low-bed-frames/low-oriental-handmade-wood-bed-frame

Super king size.

Will want a mattress to go with it too.
    Thanks

Hi

We have hundreds of Superkingsize mattresses in stock and have about 30 to clear this wek at silly prices. We would have low big brand leather frames at handy money but not in wood. Any use ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi

We have hundreds of Superkingsize mattresses in stock and have about 30 to clear this wek at silly prices. We would have low big brand leather frames at handy money but not in wood. Any use ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

Depends on the footprint of them, they are usually quiet bulky are they?
    Looking for something not much bigger than the mattress.

Are they on the site?

Hi

Thanks

Bigmickey

Have you model and mattress prices?
    Prefer a firmer one , pocket sprung.

Depends on the footprint of them, they are usually quiet bulky are they?
    Looking for something not much bigger than the mattress.

Are they on the site?

Have a special deal on this week on Silentnight Studio bed in teal colour. Have drawer bases or ottomans or plain.

curve_teal_without_mattress_1-400x400.jpg

The bases are the same size as the mattress so you don't lose any space. Give us a call on 043 3341895 / 043 3345488 and we can go through options for you.

Bigmickey.ie

Have a special deal on this week on Silentnight Studio bed in teal colour. Have drawer bases or ottomans or plain.

curve_teal_without_mattress_1-400x400.jpg

The bases are the same size as the mattress so you don't lose any space. Give us a call on 043 3341895 / 043 3345488 and we can go through options for you.

Bigmickey.ie

Ok thanks but not what I’m looking for.

I’ll take a mattress tho.

Ok thanks but not what I’m looking for.

I’ll take a mattress tho.

Hi again

Have a look on www.bigmickey.ie you might spot something but only the repeatable products are on the site. The real bargains in Superking are in our warehouse.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mttk

Hi, I'm looking for a mattress similar to this one,
    https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/mattresses/king-mattresses/king-size-5-ft-spinal-3200-count-mattress-billionaire-plush.html
    Do you have something similar? And possible a base with 4 drawers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Looking for a few mattresses, but have a small budget. Will upgrade in the future when we're not under as much pressure. Are the cheaper end of things very bad in general? We're looking for a King, a double and a single mattress. Was looking at "Mattress Liquidation" on Facebook who a few people I know bought from and were happy, but I'm always weary. The have "Balmoral Memoryfoam/orthopedic mattress" for €150.

mttk wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a mattress similar to this one,
    https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/mattresses/king-mattresses/king-size-5-ft-spinal-3200-count-mattress-billionaire-plush.html
    Do you have something similar? And possible a base with 4 drawers?

Hi

When I click on that link it takes you to

King Size ( 5 ft ) Mattress - Spinal Majestic. This one is a 1200 pocket non turn and is 899 euro. We would have a quality pocket sprung twin sided mattress for 399 euro (on promotion currently from 599 euro) in kingsize and it's around 12 inch deep also.

Thanks

Big Mickey

• Advertisement

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Looking for a few mattresses, but have a small budget. Will upgrade in the future when we're not under as much pressure. Are the cheaper end of things very bad in general? We're looking for a King, a double and a single mattress. Was looking at "Mattress Liquidation" on Facebook who a few people I know bought from and were happy, but I'm always weary. The have "Balmoral Memoryfoam/orthopedic mattress" for €150.

You are right to be weary of some of the Facebook sellers. While we can't comment on "Mattress Liquidation" we have came across some horrific stories. A good rule of thumb is to look for a land line number and a vat number and if they accept all types of payments and not just cash.If they can provide this then at least you should be able to find them if you needed to if there is an issue with your purchase.

We have okay singles from 65 euro, doubles and king size from 99 euro . We also have better quality new but slightly transport marked mattresses for handy money

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

hi
    We will be looking to get a new bed/mattress combo in next couple of weeks as well as a coffee table. If you can do us a deal on the whole lot that would be great. We are based in Mayo not far from Galway city.

I don't know a whole lot about mattresses as it is a LONG time since we bought one but I have been looking at the Ruby memory foam set as thats the kind of money we have to spend. Would that be a fairly good one ?
    Would be looking at king size, 2 drawers and headboard along with the york coffee table with shelf https://bigmickey.ie/product/york-coffee-table-with-shelf-2/
    Also one single mattress to be taken away

Hi

When I click on that link it takes you to

King Size ( 5 ft ) Mattress - Spinal Majestic. This one is a 1200 pocket non turn and is 899 euro. We would have a quality pocket sprung twin sided mattress for 399 euro (on promotion currently from 599 euro) in kingsize and it's around 12 inch deep also.

Thanks

Big Mickey

Hi again, not sure why the link took you to that mattress, must had changed due to their October promotion. The one I was looking at is called billionaire on their site. Just found their link again. Below
    https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/mattresses/king-mattresses/king-size-5-ft-roll-up-mattress-billionaire.html
    It's important to have the mattress somewhat firm if possible
    Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hi

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi Mickey,

I'm back again for more from you. :D

Any of these 30 super kings left? This time I'm after a nice big super king (base and mattress). Nothing too fancy, a normal solid divan base (no drawers needed) and a really comfy mattress with good support. Delivery to Galway too.

On a note for anyone else looking at Bigmickeys stuff, I've bought 4 beds, a 3 piece suite and a dining room set over the last few years and it's all been top quality and at great prices.

mttk wrote: »
    Hi again, not sure why the link took you to that mattress, must had changed due to their October promotion. The one I was looking at is called billionaire on their site. Just found their link again. Below
    https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/mattresses/king-mattresses/king-size-5-ft-roll-up-mattress-billionaire.html
    It's important to have the mattress somewhat firm if possible
    Thanks for the reply

Hi

That model comes rolled up or vacuum packed. Does it have to be like this ? You would get a high end pocket sprung turnable king mattress from us for the price of that roll up or less.

Bigmickey

Hi Mickey,

I'm back again for more from you. :D

Any of these 30 super kings left? This time I'm after a nice big super king (base and mattress). Nothing too fancy, a normal solid divan base (no drawers needed) and a really comfy mattress with good support. Delivery to Galway too.

On a note for anyone else looking at Bigmickeys stuff, I've bought 4 beds, a 3 piece suite and a dining room set over the last few years and it's all been top quality and at great prices.

Hi

Yes we have hundreds of Superking models in stock. Give us a call on 043 3341895 / 043 3345488 and we can go through the different deals but we have plenty to offer you.

Thanks

Bigmickey

km79 wrote: »
    hi
    We will be looking to get a new bed/mattress combo in next couple of weeks as well as a coffee table. If you can do us a deal on the whole lot that would be great. We are based in Mayo not far from Galway city.

I don't know a whole lot about mattresses as it is a LONG time since we bought one but I have been looking at the Ruby memory foam set as thats the kind of money we have to spend. Would that be a fairly good one ?
    Would be looking at king size, 2 drawers and headboard along with the york coffee table with shelf https://bigmickey.ie/product/york-coffee-table-with-shelf-2/
    Also one single mattress to be taken away

Hi,

Our Ruby mattress would be one of our most popular mattresses in the open coil range but we have a really good deal on our Sapphire 1000 pocket memory mattress. We normally sell this mattress in a king size for €599 but we have 3 in stock that we can do a base and mattress combo set for €599. You can add drawers for €40 extra per drawer. The Sapphire is similar to the Ruby that it has the winter/summer side (one side memory and the other is not) but the Sapphire is a pocket sprung mattress which would be the higher quality type of mattress and would have more support. https://bigmickey.ie/product/king-sapphire-mattress-and-divan-base/

Would something like this work for you?

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi,

Our Ruby mattress would be one of our most popular mattresses in the open coil range but we have a really good deal on our Sapphire 1000 pocket memory mattress. We normally sell this mattress in a king size for €599 but we have 3 in stock that we can do a base and mattress combo set for €599. You can add drawers for €40 extra per drawer. The Sapphire is similar to the Ruby that it has the winter/summer side (one side memory and the other is not) but the Sapphire is a pocket sprung mattress which would be the higher quality type of mattress and would have more support. https://bigmickey.ie/product/king-sapphire-mattress-and-divan-base/

Would something like this work for you?

Bigmickey

Yes that looks good according to the wife !
    How much extra is headboard

Hi

That model comes rolled up or vacuum packed. Does it have to be like this ? You would get a high end pocket sprung turnable king mattress from us for the price of that roll up or less.

Bigmickey

Hi, doesn't have to vacuum rolled up. As long as it's a good deal and firm as that one with similar specs.

Mttk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

You are right to be weary of some of the Facebook sellers. While we can't comment on "Mattress Liquidation" we have came across some horrific stories. A good rule of thumb is to look for a land line number and a vat number and if they accept all types of payments and not just cash.If they can provide this then at least you should be able to find them if you needed to if there is an issue with your purchase.

We have okay singles from 65 euro, doubles and king size from 99 euro . We also have better quality new but slightly transport marked mattresses for handy money

Bigmickey

Could you PM me on prices for the transport marked mattresses.

Advertisement