Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah that always happens with shows for some reason they are listed as sold out and about a month beforehand a load of tickets come up i imagine they are production hold tickets , same happened with Fleetwood Mac last week

"Production tickets" is sometimes a way of saying here's our VIP/Platinum tickets we couldn't flog so we'll now sell them as general admission because we want any money now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

D9bsVteW4AIwVuO?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Dermot Kennedy gig sold out in 30 mins so added another one. I've heard of his stuff and know he's player smaller venues but had no idea he would sell out 3Arena especially that quickly! https://twitter.com/DermotKennedy/status/1141986970974990339?s=19

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly hologram tour has been move from the 3Arena to the Olympia because of "production changes" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly hologram tour has been move from the 3Arena to the Olympia because of "production changes" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is that code for not enough interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

you can get seats for row J in the circle. Were tickets already sold for 3arena? I wonder how the reassignment works. I would be quite particular about seats in the olympia.

If ticketmaster do not openly offer a refund you can usually still get one if there is a change of venue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is that code for not enough interest

Yup, Ticket sales must be bad since they could have moved it to the Bord Gais but have gone for a smaller venue like the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good, the sooner this "hologram tour" bubble bursts the better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

When is the Elvis hologram tour?

Good, the sooner this "hologram tour" bubble bursts the better

If anything summed up greedy nature of some in music business. Its far from "live" music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Bit of a comedown. Hope the holograms don't mind the smaller dressing rooms...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

2521823_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Dermot Kennedy - very like Lewis Capaldi for me and Walking on Cars too. Seems to be the music of the moment. They all sing with that sort of gravelly voice that people do. I find it very hard to tell one from another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I enjoyed the Roy Orbison hologram tour a couple of years ago but the price point was a huge issue given how short the show is.

Luckily I won tickets and they were prime seats so I had nothing to complain about but had I paid I'd be fairly annoyed. The orchestra was brilliant and the Roy Orbison hologram was incredible. The integration of his vocal track and appearance over the music was very good but the appearance was a bit freaky at times. Didn't take requests either, poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

budgemook wrote: »
    Dermot Kennedy - very like Lewis Capaldi for me and Walking on Cars too. Seems to be the music of the moment. They all sing with that sort of gravelly voice that people do. I find it very hard to tell one from another.

Yep. But they mean it maaan. Can you not feel their pain....? :D

It's either that or the yodel-like yelp we get from yer man in the Coronas and Picture This. I think they're supposed to be sounding like they're on the brink of tears....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mrk75 wrote: »

It's either that or the yodel-like yelp we get from yer man in the Coronas and Picture This. I think they're supposed to be sounding like they're on the brink of tears....:confused:

youths taste in music these days :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Suppose its the trend these days as was the folk kind of thing a few years ago with Mumford and sons/lumaneers etc

I know WOC can sound like other brands and vice versa but wouldn't think those 3 are that alike at all. But guess if one genre/style is seen as successful it will lead to imitation naturally. More power to him if he can sell out 3Arena though

getting the xmas time gig in the 3arena is a major deal for the guy. Never heard of him myself but recongized his songs when i looked him up on Spotify

Dont listen to todays music much as with the Radio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

mrk75 wrote: »

Haha yeah I thought Picture This and The Coronas were the same band for a while too.

Don't get me wrong, fair play to all of them, especially the Irish lads doing well internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Haha yeah I thought Picture This and The Coronas were the same band for a while too.

Don't get me wrong, fair play to all of them, especially the Irish lads doing well internationally.

nah that's the blizzards and the coronas. Picture this and Kodaline are the same band

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Rammstein playing in Boucher Fields , Belfast june 17th 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Rammstein playing in Boucher Fields , Belfast june 17th 2020

Now we're talkin

Liam Gallagher 3 arena 24 November

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shayne Ward - October 10th - Olympia Theatre
    Tickets on sale this Wednesday at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

There are some flat seats for Eddie Vedder available on Ticketmaster , managed to get myself a good seat near the front , hurry anyway they will be gone soon id say , i reckon there will be more up tomorrow morning

Sasha and John digweed in the new district 8 end of November

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Explosions In The Sky, Vicar St. 13th Feb 2020.

Tickets on sale 10th July.

Add that James Arthur guy to that list. Sounds very similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Rock/metal gig announced on overdrive on Facebook at 10am tomorrow.

Advertisement