Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Pick the mike back up since there is no links
    Lmgtfy.com is not even in play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

fritzelly wrote: »
    Pick the mike back up since there is no links
    Lmgtfy.com is not even in play

That's what Ive bought, I'm not gonna link it all, almost all of it was posted here.

Raging the Detriot become human ps4. Game. For. 16.99 in argos wasn't posted here or I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Etnies wrote: »
    2 Phillips hue bridges
    6 baonet Phillips Hue bulbs
    5 screw in Philips Hue bulbs
    2 echos dots (came with hue gear)
    Anker Speaker
    YI dashcam
    Logitech 906 5.1 speakers
    500gb M. 2 Samsung SSD
    USB 3.1 M. 2 caddy
    Kratcher Window vac WV5
    Ring spotlight cam
    Ps4 controller

Mic drop...

I'm done. :)

Where was the window vac on offer? Only saw the wv2 anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

2 Phillips hue bridges
    Anker Speaker
    YI dashcam
    500gb M. 2 Samsung SSD
    USB 3.1 M. 2 caddy
    Kratcher Window vac WV5
    Ring spotlight cam
    Ps4 controller

Mic drop...

Nice stash and some of the better bargains ive seen this year in that list ..well done you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

hi guys

can anyone tell me what is the length of the power cable that comes with the regular amazon fire stick?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

hi guys

can anyone tell me what is the length of the power cable that comes with the regular amazon fire stick?

thanks

Marginally over the 1 metre 40cm (56 inches) - that's why mine is anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Marginally over the 1 metre 40cm (56 inches) - that's why mine is anyway!!

Thanks for your reply mate

That's a bit short for my setup

Is it possible to buy a bigger cable?

It's just a usb to micro usb cable is it?

Where was the window vac on offer? Only saw the wv2 anywhere

Amazon, got it for 44

Thanks for your reply mate

That's a bit short for my setup

Is it possible to buy a bigger cable?

It's just a usb to micro usb cable is it?

Yes just your standard USB, but buy a good quality one don't get a cheap one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone seen any good wireless earphones about? Nothing to expensive as he's prone to losing ****!

Would have to suit someone who is very active gym etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has anyone seen any good wireless earphones about? Nothing to expensive as he's prone to losing ****!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057792116

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Anker speaker arrived this morning, great little speaker and arrived super quick..

IPhone 8 is £549 on Amazon. Despatched and Sold by Amazon. Not a refurb either. Seriously cheap at that price.
    Can't give link as use Amazon app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

mgray wrote: »
    Anker speaker arrived this morning, great little speaker and arrived super quick..

yeah got my PM notice it's here, will collect tomorrow

Thanks for posting the bargain mgray!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mines not here yet, but delighted to be proved well and truly wrong about orders getting cancelled. Thanks from me too to mgray for original link and Sir Oxman for clarifying things.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Why are people using parcel motel for items that have free delivery to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Frunchy wrote: »

Guessing for ease of collection..people working during the day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

it can get to you quicker even with prime to ireland, lots of items don't do 2 day delivery to Ireland also but will to uk, also people working so not at home to sign for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

For me, An Post are a disaster as I live in an apt complex so postbox size is limited.
    But even small envelope like packets don't get delivered by them, just a notice that I have to collect from sorting office and that costs me a fiver on bus fares plus over an hour+ of my time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

2 Phillips hue bridges
    Anker Speaker
    YI dashcam
    500gb M. 2 Samsung SSD
    USB 3.1 M. 2 caddy
    Kratcher Window vac WV5
    Ring spotlight cam
    Ps4 controller

Mic drop...

All up on adverts yet? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

A huawei band 3 fitness tracker in my basket just went from £59 to €82 so I expect that to drop back to £59 on Cyber Monday and be ehralded as a big drop by Amazon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Better VAT rate too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I bought house of marley positive vibration 2. Great reviews everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mgray wrote: »

Picked up mine about an hour ago. For a 12w speaker it has plenty of oomph, I played some dirty drum and bass on it and it was vibrating away like a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Picked up mine about an hour ago. For a 12w speaker it has plenty of oomph, I played some dirty drum and bass on it and it was vibrating away like a good thing.

Neighbours must love you...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Been following the Sony wh1000xm2 all week and finally decided to go for them. €199 on Amazon Spain atm and I dont think they will get any cheaper. You wont find a better set of NC headphones under €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Kolido wrote: »
    Been following the Sony wh1000xm2 all week and finally decided to go for them. €199 on Amazon Spain atm and I dont think they will get any cheaper. You wont find a better set of NC headphones under €200.

I've been convincing myself the whole week whether I need this or not. I listened to Bose CQ 35 II and prefer the sound of that (compared it to XM3), ANC is about the same. But Bose is more expensive and even then... Do I need it? I don't know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I've been convincing myself the whole week whether I need this or not. I listened to Bose CQ 35 II and prefer the sound of that (compared it to XM3), ANC is about the same. But Bose is more expensive and even then... Do I need it? I don't know...

Honestly, I could have done without them also. Never had NC headphones before and wanted to get ones for when flying. Instead of paying about €100 for a mediocre set I thought I would push the boat out and get decents ones while I can. I havent tested them in person but all reviews say they are quite good.

Advertisement