Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

• 14-11-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭

some deals started this week already....

Countdown to Black Friday Sale

some early deals on Amazon Echo / Philips Hue bundles...

20% off android tables

30% of selection of phones

Due to the range of different Bargain types, post a new thread with the bargain or in a related thread if you found it cheaper.
    Use this thread for general chat instead, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Wal-Mart are doing a ps4/Spider-Man combo for 199 bucks in America hopefully Amazon will do something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thanks OP, I was planning on getting the Garmin Vivomove HR anyway and it's 24% off!

I've never used the early deals before, are these the same offers that will be on Black Friday? So same price just earlier? Seems like an obvious question but I'm doubting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hopefully sports direct will have a discount code floating around

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

TheChizler wrote: »
    Thanks OP, I was planning on getting the Garmin Vivomove HR anyway and it's 24% off!

I've never used the early deals before, are these the same offers that will be on Black Friday? So same price just earlier? Seems like an obvious question but I'm doubting myself.

Well, no. BF offers are going online on 16 Nov as confirmed by the banner on the paged linked by the OP. That said, no one can guarantee your item is going to be cheaper or even still discounted in two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hopefully sports direct will have a discount code floating around

not on amazon they won't....

Amazon France, Germany Spain and Italy are also doing similar countdown sales...

• Advertisement

Well, no. BF offers are going online on 16 Nov as confirmed by the banner on the paged linked by the OP. That said, no one can guarantee your item is going to be cheaper or even still discounted in two days.
    That's what I thought but it's allowing me to buy at the reduced price right now, this is from right under the banner:
    Shop our Early Black Friday Deals now
    Find great deals from every department below, including our early Black Friday Sale deals. Stay up to date with the latest Black Friday Sale deals, by subscribing to our Daily Deals Email.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

That's what I thought but it's allowing me to buy at the reduced price right now, this is from right under the banner:
    Amazon have such offers every day, they just rebranded them to lure more customers. If you are happy with the current price, why not pull the trigger now and check the price again in two days? If it gets better you can always refuse the delivery of the first one or even cancel the purchase if it's not been shipped by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Amazon have such offers every day, they just rebranded them to lure more customers. If you are happy with the current price, why not pull the trigger now and check the price again in two days? If it gets better you can always refuse the delivery of the first one or even cancel the purchase if it's not been shipped by then.

If it's cheaper in two days, Amazon will refund difference if you ask nicely.

If it gets better you can always refuse the delivery of the first one
    I wouldn't be as brazen as that! :D But asking nicely might work as givecredit says.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Moved in to a new place so want to get some appliances on the cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I wouldn't be as brazen as that! :D But asking nicely might work as givecredit says.

Worked for Amazon years ago, there used by a policy that if you bought something and it changed price very close to when you purchased they'd refund the difference or apply a gift card. But it wasn't automatic back then (this is 10 years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

I believe they changed policy on refunding difference recently, they now say to return the item you bought at higher price and place new order at lower price

That's my experience recently when I tried to get a refund of the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

BArra wrote: »
    I believe they changed policy on refunding difference recently, they now say to return the item you bought at higher price and place new order at lower price

That's my experience recently when I tried to get a refund of the difference

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Wal-Mart are doing a ps4/Spider-Man combo for 199 bucks in America hopefully Amazon will do something similar

cheapest i could find that was 550 dollars, where are you seeing it for 199?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

soups05 wrote:

On black Friday. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Looking for a deal on the JBL Flip 4 speaker, if anyone spots one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just looked back at my orders from last year - most of the stuff I got was actually on the warehouse deals...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am PRIMED and ready ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

ablelocks wrote: »
    just looked back at my orders from last year - most of the stuff I got was actually on the warehouse deals...

Do they have decent warehouse discounts during Black Friday sales?

Today was a bad day for the wallet. Darn you OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

soups05 wrote: »

https://www.cnet.com/news/black-friday-2018-walmart-deals-xbox-one-ps4-google-home-hub-instant-pot-bose-ipad-roku-sales-14/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Amazon can fcuk off, the state of the packages they send out it's pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

ablelocks wrote: »

Aye.

The extra 20% off warehouse stuff is the one to go for....if they do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Never had an issue:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

They select the boxes to suit the van is what I've heard.
    So if the boxes are fit tight into the van, nothing can move and be damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What’s wrong with them? Less plastic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ted1 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with them? Less plastic ?

Let’s jot get into this please. Keep the thread on topic. Amazon bargains please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Soarer wrote: »
    Aye.

The extra 20% off warehouse stuff is the one to go for....if they do it again!

I have had a look at our local Amazon.de in anticipation of this again but the prices seem off the wall for anything I looked at this time even with 20% off

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Honor 9 lite is now £120.
    Great budget phone with Face ID and fingerprint sensor on back. I bought two previously. One for my son and one for mother in law.
    Great for the money.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/storage-Camera-Display-Official-Device-Blue/dp/B079TMXQ7J?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelanonalerts-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B079TMXQ7J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

givecredit wrote: »
    If it's cheaper in two days, Amazon will refund difference if you ask nicely.

They haven't been doing this in a while now. They tell you to buy the cheaper one and refuse delivery of the first one.

Advertisement