Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tipp Town Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The rates in the town are a huge issue as to why most of the smaller shops have closed. Parking is another issue as is the appalling permanent traffic jam. Building the likes of Tesco and Dunnes on the edge of the town has also added to the exodus.

High unemployment rate.
    No factory in the town.
    Piss poor facilities of any kind.

It's not a case of people "not bothering" to shop in the town, it's any number of those factors.

It was the local business who objected to Tesco / Dunnes going into the town centre for years.
    So they set up just outside. Now the same businesses are giving out because footfall in the town has decreased.

The whole place really needs to be modernised. The mart on a Friday in the town centre keeps people away from the place.
    The crazy Wednesday afternoon closing for local business has to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Tipp town is truly the worst, most horrible looking town in the country, It's just missing a few Cash 4 Gold type shops now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Tipp town is truly the worst, most horrible looking town in the country, It's just missing a few Cash 4 Gold type shops now.

I'm a proud Tipperary man and I have to agree. I've moved to Limerick and commute to Tipperary for work.

I'm a proud Tipperary man and I have to agree. I've moved to Limerick and commute to Tipperary for work.

It's just one of those towns were the best thing about it really is the road out of it. The town is just so grim and depressing looking to drive through. No reason to stop there. Housing estates all look rough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I have to agree with you on all points there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Agreed - Nearly there with the amount of bookies in the town anyway. Miserable place. The road is an absolute mess too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

digzy wrote: »
    Jesus, you're just bursting with positivity aren't ya[/QUO

its true

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Einstein A. Gogo

Is Kielys bar closed for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Is Kielys bar closed for good?

Why not ask him if it's bothering you so much

digzy wrote: »

??? ...Ok

I didn't even know the bar was closed, I was aware the night club had gone about a year ago, probably something to do with the fact the bouncers liked beating the crap out of anyone in there, men or women... absolute scum bags.

• Advertisement

??? ...Ok

I didn't even know the bar was closed, I was aware the night club had gone about a year ago, probably something to do with the fact the bouncers liked beating the crap out of anyone in there, men or women... absolute scum bags.
    due to the increasing number of injury claims, insurance could not be found, the door staff had to put up with a lot of schit in tipp, so much so that no one wanted to work the doors there, so high/no insurance, no door staff has led to tipp not having a nite club

flutered wrote: »
    due to the increasing number of injury claims, insurance could not be found, the door staff had to put up with a lot of schit in tipp, so much so that no one wanted to work the doors there, so high/no insurance, no door staff has led to tipp not having a nite club

I'd have no sympathy for those bouncers.

digzy wrote:

Ok. Sorry if I touched a nerve. Was just an innocent question...

I'd have no sympathy for those bouncers.
    for the ones who refused to work there

Ok. Sorry if I touched a nerve. Was just an innocent question...

No it wasn't. You're gossiping about a mans private business. Gossip away and throw mud all ye like....:the mods are ignoring it anyway

I don't know the man you're talking about. I don't live there. Fyi I stop off in Tipp every week on business and usually have lunch there. Noticed it closed last two weeks. No need for the attitude.

I don't know the man you're talking about. I don't live there. Fyi I stop off in Tipp every week on business and usually have lunch there. Noticed it closed last two weeks. No need for the attitude.

That's what the report button is for!

Gossiping about man's private life? "Is kielys bar closed" simple enough question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The mods are not ignoring anything. Can ye all please try ro behave like adults and stop insulting each other and insulting/defaming people in the town. Any more rubbish on this threads and bans will be handed out liberally.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you report it, it'll be viewed. Even if you are abusive in the report. Be nice.

• Advertisement

some one mentioned a publican buying cans in a supermarket and reselling them, if any one spends a couple of hours daily in a supermarket car park they will see the numbe of publicans who come out loaded wit beer and spirits is unreal, picking on one guy is totally unfair, it would be hard to find a publican who is not going down that road

flutered wrote:
    some one mentioned a publican buying cans in a supermarket and reselling them, if any one spends a couple of hours daily in a supermarket car park they will see the numbe of publicans who come out loaded wit beer and spirits is unreal, picking on one guy is totally unfair, it would be hard to find a publican who is not going down that road

Given that spirits are often cheaper in the supermarket than from a wholesaler it'd make sense for publicans to buy where it's cheaper. Nothing wrong or illegal with that. Good luck to them. People need to understand that the price of a drink in a pub includes the use of the premises, facilities etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

??? ...Ok

I was going there for years (twice a month for 2 years (2010-11) & probably 7/8 times a year afterwards)and never saw much trouble that wasn't caused by someone acting the absolute idiot beforehand.

The staff were all grand in there, not the best but not the scumbags beating innocents that you describe above. it's a pity they don't have a job anymore.

How can anyone expect the town to improve its name when people are sprouting lies like this?

I was going there for years (twice a month for 2 years (2010-11) & probably 7/8 times a year afterwards)and never saw much trouble that wasn't caused by someone acting the absolute idiot beforehand.

The staff were all grand in there, not the best but not the scumbags beating innocents that you describe above. it's a pity they don't have a job anymore.

How can anyone expect the town to improve its name when people are sprouting lies like this?

Oh right you can call me a liar because I haven't had a chance to even back up my claims. Just because your personal experience from being there a few times is a good one it doesn't mean it's good for everyone. Sure, I've never had any bother there at all but I know two people who had the crap beaten out of them in a place with no cameras, one of which needed hospitalisation afterwards or my (female) cousin who was ejected so hard and fast she completely bypassed the footpath and cracked her skull off the road. But shur it didn't happen you so they're grand bouncers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The rates in the town are a huge issue as to why most of the smaller shops have closed. Parking is another issue as is the appalling permanent traffic jam. Building the likes of Tesco and Dunnes on the edge of the town has also added to the exodus.

High unemployment rate.
    No factory in the town.
    Piss poor facilities of any kind.

It's not a case of people "not bothering" to shop in the town, it's any number of those factors.

It was the local business who objected to Tesco / Dunnes going into the town centre for years.
    So they set up just outside. Now the same businesses are giving out because footfall in the town has decreased.

The whole place really needs to be modernised. The mart on a Friday in the town centre keeps people away from the place.
    The crazy Wednesday afternoon closing for local business has to stop.
    I remember the objections well. Back around the mid 80's and even remember who some of the objecting businesses were. It would have transformed then town if they had opened at the excel site as proposed.

You still have people coming into the centre today as there's still a few nice business in there but with Dunnes and Tesco on the edge of town, they really have taken from the footfall in the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is Empire of Fun closed?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Is Empire of Fun closed?

Yes....

Is there a snooker club in Tipp town?

Strange that my and another posters, post about the state of the road on the main street has been deleted???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Is there a snooker club in Tipp town?
    I believe there is Ultimate as I saw some pictures on the Nationalist. There used to be one on James St, not sure if its still there though

Advertisement