Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marathon Injury/Shoes/Taper Question

• 16-11-2020 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi All,
    I have been clipping away at Marathon training for the past 4-5 months. I bought new runners about 6 weeks ago and they are giving me serious issues (Toes and soles of feet). I even went to the running shop in Ashtown and got the analysis done and these were recommended. I finished my last long run yesterday and feel like I won't be able to wear them in 3 weeks for my virtual marathon as I have to stop and take off and put back on 3-4 times each long run to relieve some pain. Would you recommend sticking with them and hoping for the best on the day or get rid and get new pair (try break in during the taper)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

No, now's the time to switch. With shops closed you'll have to order online but I wouldn't worry about that as most do free returns. You could order two or three and return all except your favorite. When exactly is the marathon? Black Friday is about 10 days away where you'll get good discounts on Nike, Adidas, etc. but that's probably cutting it a bit tight. You'll want to have a few runs in them before the marathon even if they're taper runs and after Black Friday deliveries can be delayed due to the huge increase in online shopping. With Lockdown this year this could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

TeaTotal wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have been clipping away at Marathon training for the past 4-5 months. I bought new runners about 6 weeks ago and they are giving me serious issues (Toes and soles of feet). I even went to the running shop in Ashtown and got the analysis done and these were recommended. I finished my last long run yesterday and feel like I won't be able to wear them in 3 weeks for my virtual marathon as I have to stop and take off and put back on 3-4 times each long run to relieve some pain. Would you recommend sticking with them and hoping for the best on the day or get rid and get new pair (try break in during the taper)?

You probably should have done this earlier, but get in touch with RunHub via email and tell them about the issue. Maybe they'll advise and sort you out. They have an online store so it's not like the lights are totally out.

Also - what kind of pain? Might have nothing to do with the shoes.

Advertisement